Apple Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple in January 2017.

Interview

was contacted by a recruiter for an internship opportunity. My interviewer was not allowed to disclose what I would be working on so it was incredibly hard for both me and my interviewer to ask/ answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe some projects you have worked on using <enter specific technology>.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

There was two phone screen interview before the onsite.
    Apple arranged my onsite interview at Cupertino.
    There were five major rounds.
    Though the position was for QA, there was one round with the developer.
    There was also interview with managers, who ask you behavioral questions.
    In short, the interview was good, but they rejected me because they found someone with better experience.

Interview Questions

• Embedded Questions like when you press a button then how does microcontroller sample the button input so that it only reads it once rather than many times   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Is Apple's interview difficult? Yes, of course. The on-site interview at Apple is by far the most difficult and deepest one I've ever have in my career. Yet it is also the most professional one.

Don't get me wrong, the interviewers are not going to ask you any strange IQ questions, but every question they ask is related to you future job and your current jobs at Apple, and your current job, assuming you are putting honest and correct information in your resume. So be prepared and honest.

Speaking of interview process, it was just normal for me. A couple phone interviews then a full afternoon on-site. No lunch interview so be sure to load up yourself. Bring a chocolate bar with you.

Be prepared for long waiting after interview. It takes me more than 2 month until I got my oral offer, then another 2 week for the official one. I though it was just my case, but it actually happens to every one when I ask.

Interview Questions

• If you have chance to turn your career from QA engineer to dev, will you take it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty typical Apple interview. The process first started when I met a recruiter at Grace Hopper; from there they put my resume into a stack to be reviewed. I then was interviewed for the role of iOS Binary Compatibility Engineer. Although I made it through to the end of the interview and received positive feedback, the team manager ended up having to decline an offer due to push back from management regarding my experience.

After this point my HR representative had me try out for a different team, and everything went really well! Two phone interviews, the first with the manager and it lasted for about 30 minutes. He asked me about my experience, ambitions, and passion for Apple. The 2nd phone interview was a 1-hr technical screen done by 2 people at once. From this point I was flown out to Apple in Cupertino.
    6 Interviews, 2/3 people versus me at a time. Every interview went positive, and I enjoyed all the people there! My favorite experience was a 3 on 1 interview with a bunch of managers that worked there back in 1999 when Steve was introducing OS X at Apple. This discussion was super fun, and we all basically nerdgasmed during the interview. xD At the end of the interview I spoke with my Director and he gave me the green light pending a discussion amongst all of the employees.

At Apple after the interview, everybody gets together and talks about hiring you. If everybody agrees that you are a good fit, they have the director sign off on the decision. From there your application is forwarded to a Vice President who gives a final sign off and you are then presented an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you reverse a string?   2 Answers
    • Assume an intern approaches you for help with a bunch of garbaged code, how would you go about troubleshooting and solving the issue?   1 Answer
    • How would you create a program in SystemD that could take in an HTTP request over Port 80, and then forward and start up a web server to process the request, and then shutdown?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Interview

Interview Questions

• Linux and qa automation questions.

One phone screening and 1 onsite interview. Interview was cool, not very tough. They asked me Unix and linux questions. One manager took my interview onsite for 1 hr.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview Experience is very pathetic. The hiring manager is checking his mobile and smiling instead of focusing on what I say, I lost my interest there. I lost respect for apple after looking at how irresponsible people are working there. Maybe it's only at this location 5300 Stevens Creek Blvd. San Jose, CA 95129.

Interview Questions

• Write a java program to replace a new string in place of old string from Input string.   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

Talk to a recruiter and set me up with a couple phone screens. First phone screen was fairly easy and simple. Second one was like the first. Didn't get passed the second phone screen because i forgot some of my fundamentals. Overall, the people were nice and easy to talk too.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just know your fundamentals as well as your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a university recruiter after applying through my university job board and was set up with a preliminary phone call. The interviewer called me and asked a few questions about my previous experience and projects but didn't seem to excited or interested in talking with me. I guess my previous experience didn't really line up with what the job required.

Interview Questions

• Describe your computer mouse and what you like / dislike about it and how would you improve it.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Initially contacted via recruiter. I'm guessing due to iOS Objective-C skills. First interview phone interview with several of the engineers I would be working with if hired. They sounded pretty stressed or overworked but were still very nice over phone if somewhat direct and to the point questions. Really went out of their way even scheduling a 2nd phone interview due to crappy phone reception on my end.

Interview Questions

• Do you know Perl or have any experience with it?   2 Answers

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

There were two teams of Apple employees from different sides. One - the team you actually work for, and another team that is more technical. They ask you things based off your resume. They ask you more about what you are like then what you can do. So, while having set skills is important, it's much more important to come off as charismatic, interested, and passionate. They want the culture fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you test [your favorite app]?   3 Answers

Negotiation

You get what you ask for. They even give you more. Ask for more.