Apple Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software QA Engineer

Apple Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

Friendly and professional I explained my experience and manager followed up with some questions. Manager was interested in my experience with SQL, Python, Cucumber. It was interesting interview with some behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Toughest interview I’ve ever had. 3 face time interviews and two technical assignments before even coming on campus. On campus interview was very early and went on for five hours with ten or more people. Some were scheduled and some were thrown in last minute. Unfortunately if one out of the many you talk to don’t like you that probably means you won’t get hired.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied on a Monday and got an email and then a call on Tuesday from a recruiter. Asking me about my background only like 5 questions. Then set up a call with hiring manager two days later that call lasted 30 minutes. Call went good she asked me to test a toaster, and how would I move a mountain. The moving mountain question was hard as she grilled me on my answers. Told me to be ready to come in for the next interview

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple in March 2018.

Interview

I had one phone interview in which I was asked one coding question and basic java questions. After that I was called onsite where they made fun of me being new grad with less experience. All were seem disinterested in the process. It felt like they were forced into this. I wasn't happy after the interview and decided not to work with them.

Interview Questions

• Do you really want to work as QA without any experience in it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone technical interview. It was brief and simple, but decently technical. I was asked a lot about manual testing, such as what is a test case? What's the difference between verification and validation? Why is manual testing important?

Interview Questions

• What is the most important component of a bug report?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview Experience is very pathetic. The hiring manager is checking his mobile and smiling instead of focusing on what I say, I lost my interest there. I lost respect for apple after looking at how irresponsible people are working there. Maybe it's only at this location 5300 Stevens Creek Blvd. San Jose, CA 95129.

Interview Questions

• Write a java program to replace a new string in place of old string from Input string.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

There was two phone screen interview before the onsite.
    Apple arranged my onsite interview at Cupertino.
    There were five major rounds.
    Though the position was for QA, there was one round with the developer.
    There was also interview with managers, who ask you behavioral questions.
    In short, the interview was good, but they rejected me because they found someone with better experience.

Interview Questions

• Embedded Questions like when you press a button then how does microcontroller sample the button input so that it only reads it once rather than many times   2 Answers

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple in January 2017.

Interview

was contacted by a recruiter for an internship opportunity. My interviewer was not allowed to disclose what I would be working on so it was incredibly hard for both me and my interviewer to ask/ answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe some projects you have worked on using <enter specific technology>.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty typical Apple interview. The process first started when I met a recruiter at Grace Hopper; from there they put my resume into a stack to be reviewed. I then was interviewed for the role of iOS Binary Compatibility Engineer. Although I made it through to the end of the interview and received positive feedback, the team manager ended up having to decline an offer due to push back from management regarding my experience.

After this point my HR representative had me try out for a different team, and everything went really well! Two phone interviews, the first with the manager and it lasted for about 30 minutes. He asked me about my experience, ambitions, and passion for Apple. The 2nd phone interview was a 1-hr technical screen done by 2 people at once. From this point I was flown out to Apple in Cupertino.
    6 Interviews, 2/3 people versus me at a time. Every interview went positive, and I enjoyed all the people there! My favorite experience was a 3 on 1 interview with a bunch of managers that worked there back in 1999 when Steve was introducing OS X at Apple. This discussion was super fun, and we all basically nerdgasmed during the interview. xD At the end of the interview I spoke with my Director and he gave me the green light pending a discussion amongst all of the employees.

At Apple after the interview, everybody gets together and talks about hiring you. If everybody agrees that you are a good fit, they have the director sign off on the decision. From there your application is forwarded to a Vice President who gives a final sign off and you are then presented an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you reverse a string?   3 Answers
    • Assume an intern approaches you for help with a bunch of garbaged code, how would you go about troubleshooting and solving the issue?   1 Answer
    • How would you create a program in SystemD that could take in an HTTP request over Port 80, and then forward and start up a web server to process the request, and then shutdown?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First the recruiter sets up a phone interview. Then you will be contacted by the hiring manager. Manager will talk about your work experience and some problem solving or basic debugging questions. Then you wait for the recruiter to get back to you. If selected by the hiring manager, you will be invited for an on-site interview. This will be a full day interview where you will meet people from QA,SW developers and the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• QA basics, C programming and pointers, problem solving, software life cycle. Be ready to discuss your work experience.   Answer Question