Apple Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software QA Engineer

Apple Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied on a Monday and got an email and then a call on Tuesday from a recruiter. Asking me about my background only like 5 questions. Then set up a call with hiring manager two days later that call lasted 30 minutes. Call went good she asked me to test a toaster, and how would I move a mountain. The moving mountain question was hard as she grilled me on my answers. Told me to be ready to come in for the next interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Toughest interview I’ve ever had. 3 face time interviews and two technical assignments before even coming on campus. On campus interview was very early and went on for five hours with ten or more people. Some were scheduled and some were thrown in last minute. Unfortunately if one out of the many you talk to don’t like you that probably means you won’t get hired.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Couple of rounds of interviews with hiring manager, team, and HR. I met Apple at a Campus recruiting event and spoke to university recruiters + engineers. The on-campus team set up a interview screen after reviewing my CV with an awesome developer there. Then I was added to the internal DB for pre-screened candidates where my hiring manager then kicked off the process: phone call with the specific recruiter, hiring manager, 4 teammate panel, and final chat again with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us a time you had a personal challenge - describe who was involved and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple in March 2018.

Interview

I had one phone interview in which I was asked one coding question and basic java questions. After that I was called onsite where they made fun of me being new grad with less experience. All were seem disinterested in the process. It felt like they were forced into this. I wasn't happy after the interview and decided not to work with them.

Interview Questions

• Do you really want to work as QA without any experience in it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone technical interview. It was brief and simple, but decently technical. I was asked a lot about manual testing, such as what is a test case? What's the difference between verification and validation? Why is manual testing important?

Interview Questions

• What is the most important component of a bug report?   2 Answers

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple in January 2017.

Interview

was contacted by a recruiter for an internship opportunity. My interviewer was not allowed to disclose what I would be working on so it was incredibly hard for both me and my interviewer to ask/ answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe some projects you have worked on using <enter specific technology>.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

There was two phone screen interview before the onsite.
    Apple arranged my onsite interview at Cupertino.
    There were five major rounds.
    Though the position was for QA, there was one round with the developer.
    There was also interview with managers, who ask you behavioral questions.
    In short, the interview was good, but they rejected me because they found someone with better experience.

Interview Questions

• Embedded Questions like when you press a button then how does microcontroller sample the button input so that it only reads it once rather than many times   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview Experience is very pathetic. The hiring manager is checking his mobile and smiling instead of focusing on what I say, I lost my interest there. I lost respect for apple after looking at how irresponsible people are working there. Maybe it's only at this location 5300 Stevens Creek Blvd. San Jose, CA 95129.

Interview Questions

• Write a java program to replace a new string in place of old string from Input string.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Is Apple's interview difficult? Yes, of course. The on-site interview at Apple is by far the most difficult and deepest one I've ever have in my career. Yet it is also the most professional one.

Don't get me wrong, the interviewers are not going to ask you any strange IQ questions, but every question they ask is related to you future job and your current jobs at Apple, and your current job, assuming you are putting honest and correct information in your resume. So be prepared and honest.

Speaking of interview process, it was just normal for me. A couple phone interviews then a full afternoon on-site. No lunch interview so be sure to load up yourself. Bring a chocolate bar with you.

Be prepared for long waiting after interview. It takes me more than 2 month until I got my oral offer, then another 2 week for the official one. I though it was just my case, but it actually happens to every one when I ask.

Interview Questions

• If you have chance to turn your career from QA engineer to dev, will you take it?   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

There were two teams of Apple employees from different sides. One - the team you actually work for, and another team that is more technical. They ask you things based off your resume. They ask you more about what you are like then what you can do. So, while having set skills is important, it's much more important to come off as charismatic, interested, and passionate. They want the culture fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you test [your favorite app]?   3 Answers

Negotiation

You get what you ask for. They even give you more. Ask for more.