Apple Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.9

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview Experience is very pathetic. The hiring manager is checking his mobile and smiling instead of focusing on what I say, I lost my interest there. I lost respect for apple after looking at how irresponsible people are working there. Maybe it's only at this location 5300 Stevens Creek Blvd. San Jose, CA 95129.

Interview Questions

• Write a java program to replace a new string in place of old string from Input string.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

There was two phone screen interview before the onsite.
    Apple arranged my onsite interview at Cupertino.
    There were five major rounds.
    Though the position was for QA, there was one round with the developer.
    There was also interview with managers, who ask you behavioral questions.
    In short, the interview was good, but they rejected me because they found someone with better experience.

Interview Questions

• Embedded Questions like when you press a button then how does microcontroller sample the button input so that it only reads it once rather than many times   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple in January 2017.

Interview

was contacted by a recruiter for an internship opportunity. My interviewer was not allowed to disclose what I would be working on so it was incredibly hard for both me and my interviewer to ask/ answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe some projects you have worked on using <enter specific technology>.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty typical Apple interview. The process first started when I met a recruiter at Grace Hopper; from there they put my resume into a stack to be reviewed. I then was interviewed for the role of iOS Binary Compatibility Engineer. Although I made it through to the end of the interview and received positive feedback, the team manager ended up having to decline an offer due to push back from management regarding my experience.

After this point my HR representative had me try out for a different team, and everything went really well! Two phone interviews, the first with the manager and it lasted for about 30 minutes. He asked me about my experience, ambitions, and passion for Apple. The 2nd phone interview was a 1-hr technical screen done by 2 people at once. From this point I was flown out to Apple in Cupertino.
    6 Interviews, 2/3 people versus me at a time. Every interview went positive, and I enjoyed all the people there! My favorite experience was a 3 on 1 interview with a bunch of managers that worked there back in 1999 when Steve was introducing OS X at Apple. This discussion was super fun, and we all basically nerdgasmed during the interview. xD At the end of the interview I spoke with my Director and he gave me the green light pending a discussion amongst all of the employees.

At Apple after the interview, everybody gets together and talks about hiring you. If everybody agrees that you are a good fit, they have the director sign off on the decision. From there your application is forwarded to a Vice President who gives a final sign off and you are then presented an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you reverse a string?   2 Answers
    • Assume an intern approaches you for help with a bunch of garbaged code, how would you go about troubleshooting and solving the issue?   1 Answer
    • How would you create a program in SystemD that could take in an HTTP request over Port 80, and then forward and start up a web server to process the request, and then shutdown?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Interview

Interview Questions

• Linux and qa automation questions.

One phone screening and 1 onsite interview. Interview was cool, not very tough. They asked me Unix and linux questions. One manager took my interview onsite for 1 hr.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Started with phone interview, with all the basic working knowledge. Next round coding and finally in-person interview. In final round, 2 person were taking interview and asked the previous experience and coding questions.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First the recruiter sets up a phone interview. Then you will be contacted by the hiring manager. Manager will talk about your work experience and some problem solving or basic debugging questions. Then you wait for the recruiter to get back to you. If selected by the hiring manager, you will be invited for an on-site interview. This will be a full day interview where you will meet people from QA,SW developers and the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• QA basics, C programming and pointers, problem solving, software life cycle. Be ready to discuss your work experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume via the website and was contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone interview with the recruiter and then with my would-be manager. Was then asked to come to Apple to do an in person interview. They flew me in, I interviewed with 8 or so people on the team over the course of a few hours and went on my way.

Interview Questions

• How would you trace the source of an given issue given preproduction hardware, software and OS?   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

There were two teams of Apple employees from different sides. One - the team you actually work for, and another team that is more technical. They ask you things based off your resume. They ask you more about what you are like then what you can do. So, while having set skills is important, it's much more important to come off as charismatic, interested, and passionate. They want the culture fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you test [your favorite app]?   3 Answers

Negotiation

You get what you ask for. They even give you more. Ask for more.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in March 2015.

Interview

This position was for recent graduates. First had an interview with HR. Had standard HR questions starting with
    why Apple?
    Next was the technical round. In technical, the questions were mainly focused on my understanding of image processing principles. How will you convert the colors image to gray scale? I also had some questions on scripting(Perl/Phython). Know your resume well.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple? Why engineering? Explain the projects you did?   1 Answer