Apple Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.9

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Is Apple's interview difficult? Yes, of course. The on-site interview at Apple is by far the most difficult and deepest one I've ever have in my career. Yet it is also the most professional one.

Don't get me wrong, the interviewers are not going to ask you any strange IQ questions, but every question they ask is related to you future job and your current jobs at Apple, and your current job, assuming you are putting honest and correct information in your resume. So be prepared and honest.

Speaking of interview process, it was just normal for me. A couple phone interviews then a full afternoon on-site. No lunch interview so be sure to load up yourself. Bring a chocolate bar with you.

Be prepared for long waiting after interview. It takes me more than 2 month until I got my oral offer, then another 2 week for the official one. I though it was just my case, but it actually happens to every one when I ask.

Interview Questions

• If you have chance to turn your career from QA engineer to dev, will you take it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Multiple rounds of short phone interviews, following by a full day on-site broken into 30 or 45 minute sessions with different interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Rather than give the actual question, let me just say that when you are asked coding questions be prepared for multiple follow-up questions. Typically, these came in the form of modifying some detail of the original premise for the question, and asking to explain the impact that the change would have on memory utilization, or running time performance, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate. There seemed to be no flexibility on base salary (I may already be at the top of the range). But they did come back with an additional signing bonus of approximately 5% the base salary.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

So I found the ad on Craigslist SURPRISINGLY! for a QA Contractor at Apple. I am a student in community college so I did not expect to hear back from them, but to my surprise I got an email scheduling a phone call interview. During the phone call interview I was asked some QA questions, why do I like apple, what do I have to offer apple.

After the phone call interview, I got an email scheduling an on site interview in cupertino. The minute my interview started, the interviewer asked how was I apple to get the interview, because I am so young. I was asked some programming questions, questions about my programming history, and more problem solving, and QA testing questions. KNOW YOURE RESUME!. I was interviewed by 6 people during my on site interview.

Because I was also required to know either arabic, or hebrew for my position since I am a BIDI software QA. After the second on site interview, I was interviewed by two senior directors, one who spoke arabic, and the other hebrew (I speak both languages). During my interviewes with them, they asked about my experience with BIDI programming, why do I want to join apple, what programmes did I write, whats is my favorit language, etc.

After it was confirmed, I was hired for a QA Engineer (contractor), after a week and a half on the job my boss came to me, and said that I was preforming very well, and I was offered a full time permanent position.

A few tips:
    KNOW YOUR RESUME.
    Know what QA means.
    Know why do you want that position.
    Know your goals in life.
    Be ready for some criticism.
    Show positive attitude.
    and last but most important! DO NOT GET STRESSED!.

I honestly walked into the interview planning to do my best, but not expecting much. I was not stressed, I looked sharp, confident, composed, and I answered questions quickly. On the other hand, I saw another guy standing outside the building in which I interviewed, wearing a suit, SWEATING (it was not hot), he had flash cards, he did not look confident, etc. I have been at apple for 2 months now, and I did not see this guy around.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a few mySQL questions, which I did not expect to get asked. Other than that Objective C, C++, and C were fine. I was asked what was the hardest project I ever worked on, and as a community college (20 years old) kid, I did not have too many large projects to talk about haha.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in March 2012.

Interview

Got contacted by hr to set up a telephone screen with an engineer. The interview was all about programming. Have to be a super good programmer even for a testing job. Questions have nothing to do with job descriptions. They didn't put any programming skill requirements in the job description, which is really confusing and misleading.

Interview Questions

• array, binary tree, stack, string, hex/decimal/binary conversion   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

First, hiring manager asked 'why apple', and then ask a lot of weird questions. no behavioral questions.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in February 2011.

Interview

Interview process was well organized.
    Was interviewed by 10-15 people across the organization.
    Went smoothly

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple in January 2017.

Interview

was contacted by a recruiter for an internship opportunity. My interviewer was not allowed to disclose what I would be working on so it was incredibly hard for both me and my interviewer to ask/ answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe some projects you have worked on using <enter specific technology>.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

There was two phone screen interview before the onsite.
    Apple arranged my onsite interview at Cupertino.
    There were five major rounds.
    Though the position was for QA, there was one round with the developer.
    There was also interview with managers, who ask you behavioral questions.
    In short, the interview was good, but they rejected me because they found someone with better experience.

Interview Questions

• Embedded Questions like when you press a button then how does microcontroller sample the button input so that it only reads it once rather than many times   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview Experience is very pathetic. The hiring manager is checking his mobile and smiling instead of focusing on what I say, I lost my interest there. I lost respect for apple after looking at how irresponsible people are working there. Maybe it's only at this location 5300 Stevens Creek Blvd. San Jose, CA 95129.

Interview Questions

• Write a java program to replace a new string in place of old string from Input string.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cork (Ireland)) in July 2016.

Interview

three sets of interviews, one hour long each. first two on the phone then third one on site. first one was about my background and CV and other ones were technical ones.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a very specific mathematical question about deriving an algorithm   Answer Question