Apple Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Is Apple's interview difficult? Yes, of course. The on-site interview at Apple is by far the most difficult and deepest one I've ever have in my career. Yet it is also the most professional one.

Don't get me wrong, the interviewers are not going to ask you any strange IQ questions, but every question they ask is related to you future job and your current jobs at Apple, and your current job, assuming you are putting honest and correct information in your resume. So be prepared and honest.

Speaking of interview process, it was just normal for me. A couple phone interviews then a full afternoon on-site. No lunch interview so be sure to load up yourself. Bring a chocolate bar with you.

Be prepared for long waiting after interview. It takes me more than 2 month until I got my oral offer, then another 2 week for the official one. I though it was just my case, but it actually happens to every one when I ask.

Interview Questions

• If you have chance to turn your career from QA engineer to dev, will you take it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Multiple rounds of short phone interviews, following by a full day on-site broken into 30 or 45 minute sessions with different interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Rather than give the actual question, let me just say that when you are asked coding questions be prepared for multiple follow-up questions. Typically, these came in the form of modifying some detail of the original premise for the question, and asking to explain the impact that the change would have on memory utilization, or running time performance, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate. There seemed to be no flexibility on base salary (I may already be at the top of the range). But they did come back with an additional signing bonus of approximately 5% the base salary.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

So I found the ad on Craigslist SURPRISINGLY! for a QA Contractor at Apple. I am a student in community college so I did not expect to hear back from them, but to my surprise I got an email scheduling a phone call interview. During the phone call interview I was asked some QA questions, why do I like apple, what do I have to offer apple.

After the phone call interview, I got an email scheduling an on site interview in cupertino. The minute my interview started, the interviewer asked how was I apple to get the interview, because I am so young. I was asked some programming questions, questions about my programming history, and more problem solving, and QA testing questions. KNOW YOURE RESUME!. I was interviewed by 6 people during my on site interview.

Because I was also required to know either arabic, or hebrew for my position since I am a BIDI software QA. After the second on site interview, I was interviewed by two senior directors, one who spoke arabic, and the other hebrew (I speak both languages). During my interviewes with them, they asked about my experience with BIDI programming, why do I want to join apple, what programmes did I write, whats is my favorit language, etc.

After it was confirmed, I was hired for a QA Engineer (contractor), after a week and a half on the job my boss came to me, and said that I was preforming very well, and I was offered a full time permanent position.

A few tips:
    KNOW YOUR RESUME.
    Know what QA means.
    Know why do you want that position.
    Know your goals in life.
    Be ready for some criticism.
    Show positive attitude.
    and last but most important! DO NOT GET STRESSED!.

I honestly walked into the interview planning to do my best, but not expecting much. I was not stressed, I looked sharp, confident, composed, and I answered questions quickly. On the other hand, I saw another guy standing outside the building in which I interviewed, wearing a suit, SWEATING (it was not hot), he had flash cards, he did not look confident, etc. I have been at apple for 2 months now, and I did not see this guy around.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a few mySQL questions, which I did not expect to get asked. Other than that Objective C, C++, and C were fine. I was asked what was the hardest project I ever worked on, and as a community college (20 years old) kid, I did not have too many large projects to talk about haha.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in March 2012.

Interview

Got contacted by hr to set up a telephone screen with an engineer. The interview was all about programming. Have to be a super good programmer even for a testing job. Questions have nothing to do with job descriptions. They didn't put any programming skill requirements in the job description, which is really confusing and misleading.

Interview Questions

• array, binary tree, stack, string, hex/decimal/binary conversion   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

First, hiring manager asked 'why apple', and then ask a lot of weird questions. no behavioral questions.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in February 2011.

Interview

Interview process was well organized.
    Was interviewed by 10-15 people across the organization.
    Went smoothly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview Experience is very pathetic. The hiring manager is checking his mobile and smiling instead of focusing on what I say, I lost my interest there. I lost respect for apple after looking at how irresponsible people are working there. Maybe it's only at this location 5300 Stevens Creek Blvd. San Jose, CA 95129.

Interview Questions

• Write a java program to replace a new string in place of old string from Input string.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cork (Ireland)) in July 2016.

Interview

three sets of interviews, one hour long each. first two on the phone then third one on site. first one was about my background and CV and other ones were technical ones.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a very specific mathematical question about deriving an algorithm   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty typical Apple interview. The process first started when I met a recruiter at Grace Hopper; from there they put my resume into a stack to be reviewed. I then was interviewed for the role of iOS Binary Compatibility Engineer. Although I made it through to the end of the interview and received positive feedback, the team manager ended up having to decline an offer due to push back from management regarding my experience.

After this point my HR representative had me try out for a different team, and everything went really well! Two phone interviews, the first with the manager and it lasted for about 30 minutes. He asked me about my experience, ambitions, and passion for Apple. The 2nd phone interview was a 1-hr technical screen done by 2 people at once. From this point I was flown out to Apple in Cupertino.
    6 Interviews, 2/3 people versus me at a time. Every interview went positive, and I enjoyed all the people there! My favorite experience was a 3 on 1 interview with a bunch of managers that worked there back in 1999 when Steve was introducing OS X at Apple. This discussion was super fun, and we all basically nerdgasmed during the interview. xD At the end of the interview I spoke with my Director and he gave me the green light pending a discussion amongst all of the employees.

At Apple after the interview, everybody gets together and talks about hiring you. If everybody agrees that you are a good fit, they have the director sign off on the decision. From there your application is forwarded to a Vice President who gives a final sign off and you are then presented an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you reverse a string?   1 Answer
    • Assume an intern approaches you for help with a bunch of garbaged code, how would you go about troubleshooting and solving the issue?   1 Answer
    • How would you create a program in SystemD that could take in an HTTP request over Port 80, and then forward and start up a web server to process the request, and then shutdown?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Started with phone interview, with all the basic working knowledge. Next round coding and finally in-person interview. In final round, 2 person were taking interview and asked the previous experience and coding questions.