Apple Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cork (Ireland)) in July 2016.

Interview

three sets of interviews, one hour long each. first two on the phone then third one on site. first one was about my background and CV and other ones were technical ones.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a very specific mathematical question about deriving an algorithm   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Is Apple's interview difficult? Yes, of course. The on-site interview at Apple is by far the most difficult and deepest one I've ever have in my career. Yet it is also the most professional one.

Don't get me wrong, the interviewers are not going to ask you any strange IQ questions, but every question they ask is related to you future job and your current jobs at Apple, and your current job, assuming you are putting honest and correct information in your resume. So be prepared and honest.

Speaking of interview process, it was just normal for me. A couple phone interviews then a full afternoon on-site. No lunch interview so be sure to load up yourself. Bring a chocolate bar with you.

Be prepared for long waiting after interview. It takes me more than 2 month until I got my oral offer, then another 2 week for the official one. I though it was just my case, but it actually happens to every one when I ask.

Interview Questions

• If you have chance to turn your career from QA engineer to dev, will you take it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty typical Apple interview. The process first started when I met a recruiter at Grace Hopper; from there they put my resume into a stack to be reviewed. I then was interviewed for the role of iOS Binary Compatibility Engineer. Although I made it through to the end of the interview and received positive feedback, the team manager ended up having to decline an offer due to push back from management regarding my experience.

After this point my HR representative had me try out for a different team, and everything went really well! Two phone interviews, the first with the manager and it lasted for about 30 minutes. He asked me about my experience, ambitions, and passion for Apple. The 2nd phone interview was a 1-hr technical screen done by 2 people at once. From this point I was flown out to Apple in Cupertino.
    6 Interviews, 2/3 people versus me at a time. Every interview went positive, and I enjoyed all the people there! My favorite experience was a 3 on 1 interview with a bunch of managers that worked there back in 1999 when Steve was introducing OS X at Apple. This discussion was super fun, and we all basically nerdgasmed during the interview. xD At the end of the interview I spoke with my Director and he gave me the green light pending a discussion amongst all of the employees.

At Apple after the interview, everybody gets together and talks about hiring you. If everybody agrees that you are a good fit, they have the director sign off on the decision. From there your application is forwarded to a Vice President who gives a final sign off and you are then presented an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you reverse a string?   1 Answer
    • Assume an intern approaches you for help with a bunch of garbaged code, how would you go about troubleshooting and solving the issue?   1 Answer
    • How would you create a program in SystemD that could take in an HTTP request over Port 80, and then forward and start up a web server to process the request, and then shutdown?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Started with phone interview, with all the basic working knowledge. Next round coding and finally in-person interview. In final round, 2 person were taking interview and asked the previous experience and coding questions.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Interview

One phone screening and 1 onsite interview. Interview was cool, not very tough. They asked me Unix and linux questions. One manager took my interview onsite for 1 hr.

Interview Questions

• Linux and qa automation questions.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume via the website and was contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone interview with the recruiter and then with my would-be manager. Was then asked to come to Apple to do an in person interview. They flew me in, I interviewed with 8 or so people on the team over the course of a few hours and went on my way.

Interview Questions

• How would you trace the source of an given issue given preproduction hardware, software and OS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First the recruiter sets up a phone interview. Then you will be contacted by the hiring manager. Manager will talk about your work experience and some problem solving or basic debugging questions. Then you wait for the recruiter to get back to you. If selected by the hiring manager, you will be invited for an on-site interview. This will be a full day interview where you will meet people from QA,SW developers and the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• QA basics, C programming and pointers, problem solving, software life cycle. Be ready to discuss your work experience.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in March 2015.

Interview

This position was for recent graduates. First had an interview with HR. Had standard HR questions starting with
    why Apple?
    Next was the technical round. In technical, the questions were mainly focused on my understanding of image processing principles. How will you convert the colors image to gray scale? I also had some questions on scripting(Perl/Phython). Know your resume well.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple? Why engineering? Explain the projects you did?   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Head hunt via linkedin, send it CV and apple ireland set a 30 minutes sechduled phone interview. Interview was bit longer and there were 3 apple employees making it.
    Most of the questions were regarding info stated on my CV.
    Very detailed questions on what exactly did i mean with almost every bullet of my CV, explain and give examples.
      Somme questions regarding black box testing and some where regarding white box and automation testing.

Also been asked what apple products do i use and own.
    The vacancy im applying is
    localization QA tester in Ireland.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

There were two teams of Apple employees from different sides. One - the team you actually work for, and another team that is more technical. They ask you things based off your resume. They ask you more about what you are like then what you can do. So, while having set skills is important, it's much more important to come off as charismatic, interested, and passionate. They want the culture fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you test [your favorite app]?   3 Answers

Negotiation

You get what you ask for. They even give you more. Ask for more.