Apple Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume via the website and was contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone interview with the recruiter and then with my would-be manager. Was then asked to come to Apple to do an in person interview. They flew me in, I interviewed with 8 or so people on the team over the course of a few hours and went on my way.

Interview Questions

• How would you trace the source of an given issue given preproduction hardware, software and OS?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First the recruiter sets up a phone interview. Then you will be contacted by the hiring manager. Manager will talk about your work experience and some problem solving or basic debugging questions. Then you wait for the recruiter to get back to you. If selected by the hiring manager, you will be invited for an on-site interview. This will be a full day interview where you will meet people from QA,SW developers and the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• QA basics, C programming and pointers, problem solving, software life cycle. Be ready to discuss your work experience.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in March 2015.

Interview

This position was for recent graduates. First had an interview with HR. Had standard HR questions starting with
    why Apple?
    Next was the technical round. In technical, the questions were mainly focused on my understanding of image processing principles. How will you convert the colors image to gray scale? I also had some questions on scripting(Perl/Phython). Know your resume well.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple? Why engineering? Explain the projects you did?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Know your resume. Be able to answer why you want to work for the company and where you see your self in 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Apple   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had an interview with the project manager, scheduled for one hour but we spent one an half hour. I thought I did very well but at the end they went with another person. It was sad

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some technical staff? Could be anything you are good of.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 phone screens and then a full day of in-person interviews in Cupertino. The whole process was very organised and the interviewers were professional, polite and well prepared. I could tell that Apple has specific procedures and formats for interviews because of the similarities in dialogue and the way interviews were conducted with different interviewers.

All of the technical coding questions followed the same general format. First, I was given a problem to solve and asked to write a short program or function to solve it. After, I was asked to demonstrate how the program works by using a specific example given by the interviewer. Finally, I was asked about the complexity of my solution. In many cases, I was given an opportunity to come up with another solution that would be more efficient than the original.

One more thing to note is that it is very important to have an accurate resume. This may seems obvious, but you will be asked questions based on the skills listed on your resume.

Interview Questions

• In C, write your own implementation of the atoi() function.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter asked for my input about salary expectations. When I informed them that I also has an offer from another company, Apple wanted to make sure that they were being competitive. In the end, the offer that I received was at the high end of the range that we had originally discussed.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Head hunt via linkedin, send it CV and apple ireland set a 30 minutes sechduled phone interview. Interview was bit longer and there were 3 apple employees making it.
    Most of the questions were regarding info stated on my CV.
    Very detailed questions on what exactly did i mean with almost every bullet of my CV, explain and give examples.
      Somme questions regarding black box testing and some where regarding white box and automation testing.

Also been asked what apple products do i use and own.
    The vacancy im applying is
    localization QA tester in Ireland.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

There were two teams of Apple employees from different sides. One - the team you actually work for, and another team that is more technical. They ask you things based off your resume. They ask you more about what you are like then what you can do. So, while having set skills is important, it's much more important to come off as charismatic, interested, and passionate. They want the culture fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you test [your favorite app]?   3 Answers

Negotiation

You get what you ask for. They even give you more. Ask for more.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Initially contacted via recruiter. I'm guessing due to iOS Objective-C skills. First interview phone interview with several of the engineers I would be working with if hired. They sounded pretty stressed or overworked but were still very nice over phone if somewhat direct and to the point questions. Really went out of their way even scheduling a 2nd phone interview due to crappy phone reception on my end.

Interview Questions

• Do you know Perl or have any experience with it?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a university recruiter after applying through my university job board and was set up with a preliminary phone call. The interviewer called me and asked a few questions about my previous experience and projects but didn't seem to excited or interested in talking with me. I guess my previous experience didn't really line up with what the job required.

Interview Questions

• Describe your computer mouse and what you like / dislike about it and how would you improve it.   Answer Question