Apple Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software QA Engineer

Apple Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

First, hiring manager asked 'why apple', and then ask a lot of weird questions. no behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had an interview with the project manager, scheduled for one hour but we spent one an half hour. I thought I did very well but at the end they went with another person. It was sad

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some technical staff? Could be anything you are good of.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

After I passed a phone screen interview with one of the team members I was contacted to come in for an on site. I was interviewed by 8 SQA Engineers from the team that I would have been working with. They were grouped into 4 pairs of 2 each. A few days later I got a no from the recruiter. For what reason I have no idea as I aced the interview.

Interview Questions

• There are three boxes, one contains only apples, one contains only oranges, and one contains both apples and oranges. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, and without looking in the box, you take out one piece of fruit. By looking at the fruit, how can you immediately label all of the boxes correctly?   41 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

I don't know how the heck they found my resume. I had not even updated my resume in their website. Anyways I got an email from the Hiring recruiter and was followed up with a telephnic interview with the Hiring Manager. The Call went on for 12-15 minutes. The Interview was based neither on my resume and neither too much of technical. It was a general HR round.I was told by the Hiring Manager that the interview process would take about 2 weeks to about 2-3 months. I am still waiting for their response, although its been just 2 days since I gave the interview. All the best folks.!!

Questions:
    1) Tell me abt urself
    2) where do u see urself after 5 or 10 years in Apple
    3) Few general things abt SAN and fibrechannel as my current job involves them.
    4) do u use apple product and which is ur fav.?
    5) any questions for me

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me abt urself
      2) where do u see urself after 5 or 10 years in Apple
      3) Few general things abt SAN and fibrechannel as my current job involves them.
      4) do u use apple product and which is ur fav.?
      5) any questions for me   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

So I found the ad on Craigslist SURPRISINGLY! for a QA Contractor at Apple. I am a student in community college so I did not expect to hear back from them, but to my surprise I got an email scheduling a phone call interview. During the phone call interview I was asked some QA questions, why do I like apple, what do I have to offer apple.

After the phone call interview, I got an email scheduling an on site interview in cupertino. The minute my interview started, the interviewer asked how was I apple to get the interview, because I am so young. I was asked some programming questions, questions about my programming history, and more problem solving, and QA testing questions. KNOW YOURE RESUME!. I was interviewed by 6 people during my on site interview.

Because I was also required to know either arabic, or hebrew for my position since I am a BIDI software QA. After the second on site interview, I was interviewed by two senior directors, one who spoke arabic, and the other hebrew (I speak both languages). During my interviewes with them, they asked about my experience with BIDI programming, why do I want to join apple, what programmes did I write, whats is my favorit language, etc.

After it was confirmed, I was hired for a QA Engineer (contractor), after a week and a half on the job my boss came to me, and said that I was preforming very well, and I was offered a full time permanent position.

A few tips:
    KNOW YOUR RESUME.
    Know what QA means.
    Know why do you want that position.
    Know your goals in life.
    Be ready for some criticism.
    Show positive attitude.
    and last but most important! DO NOT GET STRESSED!.

I honestly walked into the interview planning to do my best, but not expecting much. I was not stressed, I looked sharp, confident, composed, and I answered questions quickly. On the other hand, I saw another guy standing outside the building in which I interviewed, wearing a suit, SWEATING (it was not hot), he had flash cards, he did not look confident, etc. I have been at apple for 2 months now, and I did not see this guy around.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a few mySQL questions, which I did not expect to get asked. Other than that Objective C, C++, and C were fine. I was asked what was the hardest project I ever worked on, and as a community college (20 years old) kid, I did not have too many large projects to talk about haha.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Know your resume. Be able to answer why you want to work for the company and where you see your self in 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Apple   3 Answers

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cork (Ireland)) in July 2016.

Interview

three sets of interviews, one hour long each. first two on the phone then third one on site. first one was about my background and CV and other ones were technical ones.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a very specific mathematical question about deriving an algorithm   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Head hunt via linkedin, send it CV and apple ireland set a 30 minutes sechduled phone interview. Interview was bit longer and there were 3 apple employees making it.
    Most of the questions were regarding info stated on my CV.
    Very detailed questions on what exactly did i mean with almost every bullet of my CV, explain and give examples.
      Somme questions regarding black box testing and some where regarding white box and automation testing.

Also been asked what apple products do i use and own.
    The vacancy im applying is
    localization QA tester in Ireland.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in October 2010.

Interview

Asked a simple programming question, recieved the answer and told me I was too slow for what they wanted eventhough i'd been the only one to answer correctly and immediately

Interview Questions

• read in a string and output it backwards   5 Answers

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in March 2012.

Interview

Got contacted by hr to set up a telephone screen with an engineer. The interview was all about programming. Have to be a super good programmer even for a testing job. Questions have nothing to do with job descriptions. They didn't put any programming skill requirements in the job description, which is really confusing and misleading.

Interview Questions

• array, binary tree, stack, string, hex/decimal/binary conversion   Answer Question