Apple Specialist Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.7

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Stage 1: Hiring Event
20+ people at the event, group activities and introduction to Apple as a company. Many people have said this, but this is where the management team and their employees see if your personality and energy is the right fit for the team at the stores in the city that you interview in. Be proactive when answering questions during group discussions after each aspect of the interview. Remember you don't have to be the first to answer nor answer all the time when asked to discuss, instead demonstrate insightful answers to their open-ended questions. It's not about the quantity of knowledge you have about Apple, its about the quality of your thoughts and answers. Smile and have fun!
Stage 2 and/or 3: Store Leader (or someone else in management for the store)
1-1 interview where they will start asking standard interview questions in a conversational format. Don't be afraid to ask for a little time to think about your answers, a quality well thought out answer is much better than a quick blurb of insincere answers. Questions will mainly focus on Apple in general; "Why Apple?" "Favourite Apple product?" "What are some weakness you have?" When answering these, bring a personal spin into your answers, show them that you care for more than just the paycheque, a little story goes a long way.
Stage 3 and/or 4: Upper Management and Store Management (eg. District Manager and/or Store Manager)
1-2 or 1-1 Interview, this is usually the final stages of the interview process, same conversational format, very easy-going not very formal. Still very Apple driven questions and behavioural questions; "Why Apple?" & problem/solve customer needs based questions, "Example of dealing with a unhappy customer". This is a time for you to continue to be personable and professional with your answers. Show you can deal with difficult situations and handle them with maturity. Remember to ask questions. Remember that getting hired is a mixture of timing and demand, many employees interview multiple times before they get the job!

Interview Questions

• "Why Apple?"
    "Favourite Apple product?"
    "Example of dealing with a unhappy customer"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

If selected after submitting your application, you are invited to a hiring event. If they life you at the hiring event, you are invited to an interview. You may or may not be invited back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to give up and move on to something else.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied online, took a month to receive an email about a group interview.
    Had a group of 7 people, first started off with an ice breaker (i.e. Your name and recent binge-watched TV show). Then they made us watch two videos about Apple - the first one was basically about what the company represents, etc. and the second video was about the Apple store itself. They will ask questions both times about what you've learned from the videos/any input. Afterwards they made us role play and we were partnered up and were asked to act out a certain scenario.

Interview Questions

• What did you guys learn from watching this video?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

You get called to a group interview, and if you make it till the next round you talk to a manager, and the process goes on about 3 times.

Interview Questions

• What was a uncomfortable situation you were in and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

-I applied online, they contacted me 2 months after with an invitation to their hiring event.
    -I was outside of Canada at the time, so they agreed to enrol me in a hiring event on a different date.
    -They contacted me twice after I confirmed my attendance, telling me that I haven't confirmed my attendance yet.
    -On interview day, we were a group of 6 interviewees, and the lady who was conducting the interview makes sure to treat you like crap if she doesn't like you based on physical looks.
    -She would smile in the face of some interviewees and frown to others as if they were some frogs or ugly creatures.
    -She would ask the question, and wait for volunteers, when I raised my hand to speak, she gave me permission then started looking around her and barely making any eye contact with me.
    -I believe I gave good answers.
    -Next day, I received an email telling me they decided to move on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you helped a struggling co-worker?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a rude/angry customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time where you set a specific goal/sales goal and the steps you've set and taken in order to achieve it?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple in July 2017.

Interview

This is a long hiring process but don't get discouraged. There were 4 interviews in total for my group (could be less depending where you get hired/what position).

1- This is what they call a Hiring Event. Here they invite a bunch of applicants (My group had 20, I've heard of some people having an entire hall full of people). This is the round where you want to leave your mark on the hiring managers and make yourself noticed.
    2- One-on-one interview with a store manager. Very typical interview questions.
    3- Group interview (lead by another store manager) with the candidates who they have chosen up until this point (about 6). More of a discussion rather than an interview.
    4- Final group interview with the exact same candidates as the last group. This interview is with the market leader, and they ask a couple tricky questions.

They ended up hiring 5 people from my group (including me). To give you an idea of how specific they are in who they hire, they only hired 5 out of the 20 people they started off with. Be energetic, but don't be obnoxious and egotistic, they see right through that. Just say intelligent things and show them that you are relaxed and confident.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Three interviews, first a group then two individuals. Very laid back and casual. People very nice. Warm welcome always and interviewed in Cafe. Waiting to hear back about third interview but process was very quick!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Was invited to an hiring event. The team introduced themselves, made us watch videos, make sure you have an opinion on every video and raise your hands. If you're on of the quiet people you wont make it to the next round.
    I think they hire based on looks. There were very good people, so I think it came down to looks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you helped a co-worker through a challenge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

group interview, around 15 people were also in the interview, group of 7 store members were evaluating consisted of manager, creative, geniuses, technical specialist and the administrative person.

1. Intro of store members to groups, then within the groups, intro yourself to your group members
    2. you need to introduce a person in your group to all the interviewees.
    3. series of videos, explaining Apple culture, Apple store structure, there is time after videos to express your thoughts about the video [you are being evaluated for expressing comments]
    4. then into the groups again to do the interview questions, there is a list of questions that the store members choose from from their ipads, very generic interview questions but in a group discussion style. [you are being evaluated for the answers]
    5. after the interview, there is a Q&A, after that, its done.

process took around 2 hours, no breaks. Most people were in business casual with few in full business.

Interview Questions

• Example of a time your worked around your weakness   1 Answer
    • Example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied and was contacted 2-3 days after to register for a interview time. Typical interview format for an Apple hiring event, smaller group and we went through all the motions aside from watching the videos. Felt as though the leaders were just going through the motions, smaller group and only asked one question to each candidate, leading each person to only speak for a few minutes within the 60-70 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question