Apple Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.9

996 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes.

Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after.

Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview.

Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call.

In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   25 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. First with a Store manager with 4 other people. Second interview 2 on 1 with store leader and store manager for my final interview I met with a marketing manager

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Was a group interview at a hotel. Where we rotated to 4 different tables each with different interviewers. Questions were personalty focused mixed with asking for examples where you demonstrated these traits.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a sales person ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I went through my first stage of the 3 part interview last Wednesday, It was a phone interview with the retail hiring manager who was so nice. She mostly just wanted to ask me questions about myself and "get to know" me a little before moving on. She explained how after this interview I will be asked to come back for a group interview with 3-4 others where the questions become a little more job-based. If I make it through that we will move into a 1v1 interview where we will talk about job requirements for me and learning where I would work best

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

1) You walk in and they tell you to wait in the corner of the store with the other interviewees
    2) An employee takes you over to tables outside of the store and briefs you on what the interview will be like (be yourself, don’t just tell the interviewers what you think they want to hear)
    3) The interviewers come, explain the process. They’ll ask each person to go around in order and introduce themselves (name, what you do now, why apple). Then, the questions that follow are asked to the group in general, in no particular order; try to be the first to answer a question at least once.
    4) At the end, they’ll ask for your resume and hand you a sheet where you fill out your availability and ask if you have any questions. They say they’ll try to get back to everyone within 24-48 hours. I just had mine today so i’m waiting for a callback.

Tips: BE. YOUR. SELF. Even after the employee briefed my group on not just “telling the interviewers what we think they want to hear,” people still gave long-winded, cookie cutter answers and focused way too much on trying to impress the interviewers. If they ask you who your favorite super hero is, they aren’t interested in what you pick, but WHY you picked it. You can be honest; you don’t have to make up a reason, but you need to explain it in such a way that they can gain insight into your personality or strengths.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite super hero and why?   Answer Question
    • Why Apple?   Answer Question
    • Most profound customer service experience/why?   Answer Question
    • Favorite Apple product and why?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel when you walk into the store/what distinguishes it from other retail stores?   Answer Question
    • What is something you learned about Apple that you didn’t know before as you prepared for this interview (or something you’ve read)   Answer Question
    • What makes you the most qualified for this role/why do you think this is a good fit for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview, held with about 8 other people. Whoever did well got a follow up interview. My second interview was with the manger herself, now what i noticed from the start was that surprisingly she was unprepared. She called me by a totally different name, and to follow that up during my interview she was on her phone and then went to take a call and left me alone for a solid 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If i were to ask someone about you whats the best thing they would say?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Orlando, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

The group interview was great and a very different and interesting way to learn about everyone. Unfortunately, if you do not have retail experience your chances of getting hired are very slim.

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Huntington Beach, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied in the beginning of September end of August I didn’t hear back until mid September I got contacted asking to set up an interview I was given the option to choose between three days I picked one and about a week later I get a call asking if we can reschedule the interview because the Apple launch and it was pushed back I got to again choose what day and once I did everything was good I was told to bring in my resume and to dress semi casual and to arrive early. Now to the day!! I showed up about 15 early and I introduced myself to the team member standing at the door saying I was here for the interview. I was told to wait here and they will be out shortly I was the first one to show up and a few minutes later the next person came in and we made small talk getting to know each other a little and the next person walked in and we also involved him in the conversation and we were greeted by the hiring manager and we will walk outside to the table (large outside shopping center) on our way to the table he asked our name and how our day was. We sat down and he asked if we had our resumes and we handed them over to home I brought 3 and he only needed one (oops ) he told us what positions were available and he also told us if it was part time or full time we then began the interview over all it was very basic questions mainly to get a better understanding of us and what we are like and what our hobbies are. I will list the questions that I do remember. After a few questions he told us that for that location they needed the person to be fully available Sunday and Monday and he handed us a paper and pen and asked us to fill it out the paper included our name contact information and our available times to work, our preferred locations that we want to work and what products we are familiar with everything is easy and for the products you just mark next to the ones that are on the page you don’t have to write them in. He asked us if we had any questions for him and after that the interview was over and he mentioned that it’s harder to get into Apple then most places and if we don’t get a call back or email to feel lucky and proud that we had this opportunity and in a few months try again. He told us that we will be getting a call or email and from there we had said our goodbyes and left. I got a call today ( October 9th) asking if I was able to come in for a second interview (fingers crossed I have my interview on Wednesday ( October 11th)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for apple   Answer Question
    • Tell me something about yourself and what your passion about   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • They asked a question about conflict with a co worker and how I handled the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I applied three weeks ago on the website. I heard back about two days later with an invitation to interview at the store I was applying for. It was a group interview, and it was me and three others plus the person interviewing us. It was fairly easy, the individual interviewing us seemed to be looking for positive and outgoing people. After the group interview, I heard back about two days later saying that I was selected for ANOTHER interview with a store manager. I have that interview in a few days!

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you have a lot of things to do but not enough time for all of it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Edina, MN).

Interview

I had about 5 interviews and each one was a pretty solid experience of what Apple really means to them as a culture. Everyone had a casual vibe and it was easy to be open and honest with the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways I made a positive impact on my previous job?   1 Answer