Apple Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,014 Interview Reviews

2.9

1,014 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes.

Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after.

Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview.

Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call.

In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   25 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. First with a Store manager with 4 other people. Second interview 2 on 1 with store leader and store manager for my final interview I met with a marketing manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied online.
    1 week later I was asked to rsvp for an interview.
    I had my interview 2 weeks later in feb 5 2018
    I got an email saying not to worry if I don’t hear back soon because hiring depends on the stores needs.
    It’s been a week and I have not heard back from them.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Greenville, SC).

Interview

The interview was intentional, but informal. I met the store leader and another manager in the store and we took a short walk to some seating outside in the mall it was located in, so it was friendly and casual on some couches nearby. I was referred by a friend, so I think that definitely helped get me to this stage, and there was another similar interview with a different manager a week or so later.

Interview Questions

• It's been awhile, but I know they asked more about me, how I would react or respond, etc. to different scenarios as much to get a feel for my personality as my "customer service" chops. There wasn't tons of focus on knowing a lot of tech lingo, etc. as what my interpersonal skills were like.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Maineville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Maineville, OH).

Interview

First you apply online and then if they want you to come in for an interview they will contact you by email. The one thing I can say is, be yourself. From what I can gather, they truly do not want to see what or how much you know about the company or their products. They genuinely care about who you are as a person and how you interact with individuals.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Out of the box and fun! I loved the questions they asked and I felt like they really cared about who I was before hiring me. Just be yourself and you will be fine--seriously.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Was a group interview at a hotel. Where we rotated to 4 different tables each with different interviewers. Questions were personalty focused mixed with asking for examples where you demonstrated these traits.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a sales person ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I went through my first stage of the 3 part interview last Wednesday, It was a phone interview with the retail hiring manager who was so nice. She mostly just wanted to ask me questions about myself and "get to know" me a little before moving on. She explained how after this interview I will be asked to come back for a group interview with 3-4 others where the questions become a little more job-based. If I make it through that we will move into a 1v1 interview where we will talk about job requirements for me and learning where I would work best

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in January 2018.

Interview

1st Round Interview : Group (5)
    2nd Round Interview:Group (4)
    3rd Round Interview: Myself

They called within 48hours if you were moving on and sent an email if you were not. The first interview they basically want to see how you interact with the group. Try to talk to the other people when your waiting for the interviewer to come meet with your group. Second Interview they asked more customer related questions and Third Interview was customer related. Have questions prepared to ask the interviewer they will ask do you have any questions a bunch. They want to see how you interact.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why Apple?
      2) Name & Where are you from?
      3) What position are you applying for?
      4) Customer Service
      5) Favorite Current Movie   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and one of my good friends submitted an employee referral. I got an email inviting me to an interview about 2 week after I applied! I was really surprised that I got an interview fairly quickly! I was worried it would take weeks even months! Currently waiting and preparing for this interview event! Can't wait!