Apple Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Specialist Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.9

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes.

Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after.

Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview.

Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call.

In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   23 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. First with a Store manager with 4 other people. Second interview 2 on 1 with store leader and store manager for my final interview I met with a marketing manager

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Hiring process has you go through numerous interviews, each one dealing with a higher up manager, could be either over the phone or in person , maybe even with numerous people in a hiring event

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Apple has a very strange hiring process,first got an email asking me to register for a group interview at the store, there were about 30 other candidates and the group that interviewed us were normal store employees some of them just got hired ! They ask very basic questions about how well u know Apple products and they say it's not necessary but MAKE SURE u attend the interview with an iPhone. A few days later got a call to schedule second interview and I met other 2 employees (non of them work in HR) and I was interviewed with another candidate. I was very relaxed but didn't really wanted the job after I knew it's a part time so I didn't put alot of efforts and next day I got email letting me know that they went with other candidates

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time u help an angry customer   1 Answer
    • what is the best feature u like about apple product that u have   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Freehold, NJ).

Interview

2 person interview to a group of applicants. Manager had Piercings on his face. I don't they like Veterans. I think they like people with communications retail experience

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for apple   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Very simple and laid back interview, was meant more to determine my personality and customer service skills than technical knowledge. Does take a while however to setup interviews and hear back after them.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I went through 4 different job interviews and I did not get the job. The first interview was a group interview with at least 25 other people. The second interview was one-on-one with a lower ranking manager, then the last two were with the two store leads. Even though (I felt like) I nailed each interview and I went to four different interviews, I did not get the job. I know that Apple is allowed to have some level of elitism due to their brand, but four interviews is pretty ridiculous! Every time I tell someone about my trials to get a job with apple their jaws literally drop.

Interview Questions

• Icebreaker: What is your favorite breakfast cereal and how does it describe you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I had three interviews, and the reason why I rated this experience negative is because I've wasted my time.

I totally understand why apple wants to be extra careful and put people through 3 or 4 interviews. My only issue is the fact that I went through all those interviews and still didn't get hired. The first two interviews had me pumped I was excited that I passed them. I had to keep calling out from my job to make it to those interviews, and I thought it would be worth it. I even changed my schedule for what I thought was to come. It wasn't worth it because in the end they decided to "move forward with other candidates" I guess I messed up with that last interview, but I think Apple should be considerate when it comes to people's time and change this process. At least let it be a difficult questioner first, then weed out who wouldn't qualify and Provide two interviews. That would make more sense. I'd rather fail the first interview than to have my time wasted, only so they could ask me the same questions and reject me. Sorry for making this personal guys, but no one enjoys wasted time.

Tips:
    -if you're going to apply for this job you need to be completely prepared
    -maybe google the interview questions and practice your answers because they want you to be quick but natural
    -if you're currently unemployed, this process won't be too tough on you. Take full advantage of that and prepare as much as you can
    -stay positive and be bubbly and don't be afraid to open up

Interview Questions

• There are other tech companies, why apple though?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (West Hartford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was amazing very to the point fun, interesting . The managers made it really comfortable. I would recommend all organizations follow their hiring process. It gave us an opportunity to meet current employees as well.

Interview Questions

• What Apple products do you use?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Miami, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a bit long. It started as a group interview and then you would get a call for the next interview. The next one was with one of the hiring managers and that one was more about yourself. The interview after that was the final one with the store leader. That one was the hardest one yet. A lot of personal questions and scenario questions.