Apple Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.9

860 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes.

Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after.

Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview.

Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call.

In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   24 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. First with a Store manager with 4 other people. Second interview 2 on 1 with store leader and store manager for my final interview I met with a marketing manager

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Was referred by two employees, went through a large group interview at first. Then it dwindled to about half the number for the second interview. Lastly, I met with 3 managers separately, one on one.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time where you had to deal with a disgruntled customer? If so, explain the situation and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (San Diego, CA).

Interview

First interview was a large group interview where you really had to participate to stand out. Second interview was with the market leader and a senior manager. Was hired after second interview but know of others who had third and even fourth interviews. Transferred to a different store and had three interviews just to change stores. This company loves interviews.

Interview Questions

• Lots of "Tell me about a time when you..." questions mostly relating to customer interactions, difficult situations, problem solving, and personal/professional successes.   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Apple Retail Store Hiring event. We met with other interviewees and we were asked questions so that the interviewer would get to know us better after having introduced ourselves

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online heard got an email for a phone interview then was offered an in person interview at the end of the conversation at the store. Waiting to hear back about offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a response in 3 days for an interview. Arrived and found out it was a group interview of about 10 people broken into two groups of 5. They ask about 5 questions and then each person in the group answers individually. If you pass the first group interview you'll be emailed or called back within 7-10 days to come back for a second interview. The first interview suggests "business casual" attire but most men were wearing a shirt and tie. The second interview is more technical and one-on-one. I applied for full-time but all they had available was part-time. I wish they would have told me it was part-time before inviting me for an interview. Nonetheless, it was still a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself (name and where you are from or currently living)

Describe a difficult encounter with a customer and how you handled it.

What is your favorite Apple product?

Tell us about a time that you received excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The interview was with one other candidate and the interviewer said that they still had more people to interview. Your personality is more important than your answers. If you're an extrovert you'll do fine. I knew I wasn't getting an offer the moment I left because I wasn't as outgoing as the other person.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Hiring process has you go through numerous interviews, each one dealing with a higher up manager, could be either over the phone or in person , maybe even with numerous people in a hiring event

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Apple has a very strange hiring process,first got an email asking me to register for a group interview at the store, there were about 30 other candidates and the group that interviewed us were normal store employees some of them just got hired ! They ask very basic questions about how well u know Apple products and they say it's not necessary but MAKE SURE u attend the interview with an iPhone. A few days later got a call to schedule second interview and I met other 2 employees (non of them work in HR) and I was interviewed with another candidate. I was very relaxed but didn't really wanted the job after I knew it's a part time so I didn't put alot of efforts and next day I got email letting me know that they went with other candidates

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time u help an angry customer   1 Answer
    • what is the best feature u like about apple product that u have   Answer Question