Apple Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.9

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes.

Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after.

Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview.

Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call.

In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   22 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

We signed in upon arrival at the interview. We put on our name badges and sat around one of the tables towards the back of the store. We were introduced to our interviewer and we proceeded to introduce ourselves. We were asked to provide our name, our passion and our favorite song. The questions began shortly via tablet. We had to press a button that revealed an interview question as we passed along the tablet and answered accordingly. There were about 8 of us there and had to finish within the allotted one hour time window. We only got about 1-2 questions each. Towards the end we were asked if we had any questions and that was it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had met with someone or a group to form an alliance.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Marlton, NJ).

Interview

I went through two interviews, both solo. I met with two of the store managers before being offered the job.

The interviews were pretty standard. they asked me basic interview questions with some Apple specific things thrown in. Apple's hiring was a little more technically-driven back then.

I had applied and phone interviewed about a year before this, but did not hear anything.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your technical aptitude?   2 Answers

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied online and received an invite to attend a group hiring event. In the event they spoke about the history of apple and afterwards they placed us in a group to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• They had multiple questions on customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sherman Oaks, CA).

Interview

We were invited to join a banquet hall at a hotel. From there, all of the applicant they invited were put into a room where current employees gave a presentation. After the presentation,everyone was put into groups and interviewed within those groups.

The presentation ends shortly after being put into groups about two times.

If they liked you, they emailed you.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

multiple interviews, followed by a panel then followed by a one on one, multiple people requested that i had applied there and wanted to speak to me. interview began as big panel, moved to small panel, then 5 man panel, then finally, a one on one.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to by email by a recruiting manager.
    1. Phone interview with recruiting manager: asked basic background info
    2. 1-on-1 with store operational manager: asked behavioral questions
    3. 1-on-1 with head store manager: more conversation-like and "what are you about" type stuff
    4. Received a call later that day giving me a verbal offer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

First, I had a group interview at a hotel. Then they called me for a second interview with one manager at their corporate location. After that I had a third interview with a store manager at the store I was offered the job at. They called me less than a week later to give me the offer. I went back to the corporate location to sign the offer letter. Then, I went to group training.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what app I would like to create for an iOS device if I had the opportunity.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I was pleased with the offer. It was an entry level position. They let me know over the phone my pay rate and benefits and if I wanted to accept the offer.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I was emailed about a hiring event about a week or two after applying. I showed up about 10 mins early on a Thursday and was showed to a table where me and four other applicants filled out some paperwork detailing desired positions and availability. The managers then came out and asked us some clichè interview questions that lasted for about an hour. We were told that we can expect to hear back by Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to give some criticism to a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your best customer service experience.   Answer Question
    • How would you get a long with an individual who is hard to work with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Well I applied and 2 days later got an emails for a group interview, it was located at the corporate office on 5th ave. I'd say it was about 30 of us and we all got split into groups of 5 and had an Apple representative for each group interviewing us and asking us simple questions. I currently have the second interview coming up and it should be a 1on1 so I'm hoping I get the job because I would really love to work for Apple wish me luck guys!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you and a coworker did not see eye to eye on a subject work related?   2 Answers