Apple Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.9

888 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Three interviews within a 2-week period and then I was offered the job. The first was a short group interview at their headquarters (groups of 5-6 applicants to one Apple recruiter). The second was at the Apple store with a store leader. The third was at the same Apple store with two store leaders.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do when you're not working?   1 Answer
  • What Apple product is your favorite?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Brisbane (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

I made it through to the third round of interviews. The first group interview was basically a good chance to make a good impression - smile! Be outgoing, talk to people, ask questions. The second interview I had was a one on one, which was a fairly informal chat.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you provided exemplary customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Arlington, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Waited very long until got notified for a group interview.
    Four in a group to interview with store manager within a specific time period on site the store.
    With everyone's introduction the manager asked different questions to individuals.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Online quiz, then a phone interview, then a group interview of around 30~ people where people are split up into groups at different tables. They ask you questions and make you speak to the whole the room. Then there are group activities. They are paying attention to see how you talk and how attentive/engaged you can be.

After that, I went through three different rounds of in store interviews. First with a Senior Manager, then a Red Zone Store Leader, then the Market Leader. All of the interviews were fun, I tried to be light hearted, curious and honest.

Entire process took about 2 - 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite apple product?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Was invited to an hiring event. The team introduced themselves, made us watch videos, make sure you have an opinion on every video and raise your hands. If you're on of the quiet people you wont make it to the next round.
    I think they hire based on looks. There were very good people, so I think it came down to looks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you helped a co-worker through a challenge.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

First it was done with the phone interview.
    It took quite long to get the phone call.
    Asked questions based on the resume that I uploaded.
    2weeks later, done the first interview with 50ppl.
    2weeks later, done the second interview with 4ppl.
    Now waiting for the next step

Interview Questions

• How did you do when you had a conflict in your company.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

it was a group interview and we watched a video about apple and afterward they asked us a question about what we watched. The interview process was full of questions ( about the videos ) and some few group game.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple in July 2017.

Interview

This is a long hiring process but don't get discouraged. There were 4 interviews in total for my group (could be less depending where you get hired/what position).

1- This is what they call a Hiring Event. Here they invite a bunch of applicants (My group had 20, I've heard of some people having an entire hall full of people). This is the round where you want to leave your mark on the hiring managers and make yourself noticed.
    2- One-on-one interview with a store manager. Very typical interview questions.
    3- Group interview (lead by another store manager) with the candidates who they have chosen up until this point (about 6). More of a discussion rather than an interview.
    4- Final group interview with the exact same candidates as the last group. This interview is with the market leader, and they ask a couple tricky questions.

They ended up hiring 5 people from my group (including me). To give you an idea of how specific they are in who they hire, they only hired 5 out of the 20 people they started off with. Be energetic, but don't be obnoxious and egotistic, they see right through that. Just say intelligent things and show them that you are relaxed and confident.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said…

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

It was pretty much like the others said. I had 4 total interviews. The first was a "hiring event" where it was me and three other people. There supposed to be 5 of us, but one didn't come for whatever reason. We sat in the corner of the store and went around the circle introducing ourselves and answered 3 questions from the HR manager all "tell me a time when" type of questions. Familiarize yourself with the STAR method of interviewing. I received a phone call a couple of days later saying that I was to interview with another manager. I showed up on to the interview only to be told that I would be interviewing with someone different. This interview was one on one and also in the store. It was a tell me about yourself, why should we hire you, what are your passions type of interview. I was prepared more for a formal interview so the manager gave me feedback on selling my personality and the type of questions to ask in the next interview but said that he liked me. Got the call a few days later for a third interview. I took the feedback from the previous interview and beasted this one. I thought it would be the last one so I went in there like Jordan in the 4th focused. It wasn't. This manager really liked me and said I'd be meeting with the Marketing Manager next. I received the call for the 4th interview but it was at a different location. This one was a group interview again. The interview started almost 30 mins. late because the previous group took so long. She was laid back and cool. I didn't do as well on this one but I think I did just enough.

It took them 5 days after the interview to call me back and let me know that they were going to offer me a job. I had to fill out information for the background check and they gave me a start date for training.

Overall, be yourself. If you're a genuinely nice person and have Apple products, you should be good to go. Definitely sell yourself and let them know how much you like Apple.