Apple Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.9

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied and received an email from a talent recruiter a day later for an interview at a nearby store. I already knew people working at Apple, so I had an idea of what the questions would be like and I was prepared for three rounds of interviews. When you receive the email, you RSVP a day and time for the interview. On the day of the initial interview, I walked into the designated Apple store and was directed to sit in at the "setup" table in the back of the store. I was with five other people. We were interviewed by a Store Leader and a Senior Manager. Main thing: Don't come off as stiff and boring. I was stuck at two questions but made jokes and answered every question as if I'm having a normal conversation. Some of the others I was interviewing with were WAY more experienced than I was but were too serious and bad mouthed their previous jobs and coworkers—DO NOT DO THIS! Share interesting facts about yourself that make them remember you. I honestly made it up, not even gonna lie. My only interesting story was that I played the violin but the other interviewees were coming from working with Amazon and one girl was related to Bruce Willis??! You have to be memorable and be a team player. They narrow people down by inviting to a second and third interview but I only had one since I had two people from Apple who gave me a referral.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you initiated an idea and it failed, and how did you react?
    How would you handle a difficult customer?
    What are you passionate about?

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

This whole process is a bit extensive, however they try to make it as fun/interesting as possible.

I had put in an application about a month ago with a recommendation from a friend who works in a different store than the one I was applying at. I was told that if you had a referral from a current employee you pretty much got to skip most of the waiting and get an invitation to a hiring event as soon as the next one rolls around...And they were right! About a month afterwards I still hadn't heard anything, so I decided to give the store a call. I asked to speak to a hiring manager to see if I could schedule an interview, and once I got ahold of him and he saw that I had a referral, he helped me out and got me scheduled at the next hiring event immediately!

THE FIRST INTERVIEW: This was actually my second time having a "first interview" at the Apple Store, and both of the experiences were pretty identical. I got to the store about 15-20 minutes ahead of the time I was supposed to be there, I walked in and introduced myself to one of the employees and let them know that I was there to interview. They greeted me and let me know that there were several other applicants also waiting at the store, and that we were going to have to wait with each other and introduce ourselves while the manager got prepared for a group interview. After waiting for *about* 30 min or so, people who applied with me stopped pouring in when there were about 16 of us. After standing there with all of our introductions made and some light conversation, the manager finally came out and grabbed all of us. Since the store was in a mall, he took us to the nearby sitting area and had us move the chairs and tables around in a circle so we could all face each other. After some short introductions, he actually told us right off the bat that since that particular store was actually very new and one of the largest in the area, he only had 2 open positions within the store and over 1,000 applicants in that hiring round alone. He said he just wanted to start with that so we understood that even if we didn't hear back from him that day, it's not a "no", but rather, a "No, for now". So, we continued the hiring session by starting off with "personal" interviews. We had to find a partner and spend 2 minutes interviewing each other and learning all that we could about each other, and then presenting it to the group afterwards. *ADVICE: Make sure you get a good partner who's a bubbly person that's not afraid to talk and present you in a good manner. They will set the first impressions everyone gets from you!!*
    So after we had finished going around the table and presenting each other to the group, we were told to seperate into two large groups of about 5-6 people and start using the iPads that were brought out to answer some group questions. Basically, the questions were hidden on the iPad until you clicked on the numbered bubbles on the screen. The question would be read aloud within your group and anyone had the chance to volunteer a response to any question. The manager just walked around and listened in on the conversations that were happening as he walked by, so it's VERY IMPORTANT That whenever you get a chance to talk, try to be the first one doing so. It's a participation activity and since the manager only has a few seconds to listen in on the convo, the more they hear your voice, the better.
    After going around answering the questions, we reconvened as a group and were asked more "traditional" interview questions. These were mandatory questions that you could not opt out of, unlike the previous participation-style questions. After all that was done, he said that that was the conclusion of the hiring event and he opened it up to any questions we had for him. Think of this portion as another "participation grade" because they will look forward to you asking them questions. Be prepared with at least 1 or 2 good ones just in case.

Overall, The whole process took about 1.5 hours from beginning to end, so don't go in expecting to be done soon afterwards. Make sure you're participating as much as possible, be active, not reactive, and most importantly; have fun! Apple truly does hire off of your personality, not really what you know. As long as you show you're passionate and are there to truly contribute something to the company rather than getting a paycheck, they'll ask you to come back.

Interview path: one thing to know is that Apple is not an "I need a job tomorrow" job. The whole process is meant to take time to weed out the individuals who don't truly want to be there. The first interview will always be a group interview. From there, if you pass, you will be invited back to a one-on-one (or very small group, 1-2 people) interview with the Team Leader (Store Assistant Manager), then from there another single interview with the Store Leader (Store Manager), then a final interview with the Market Leader (basically district manager).

Interview Questions

• What was a time where one of your work days had ended up being nothing like what you had planned for it to be the night before?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where your patience at work truly helped you solve a difficult situation.   1 Answer
    • If I asked you to do one thing right now that would make you uncomfortable, what would that thing be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

You go though 3 interviews
    1- at the corporate office 30 people 5 on each table
    2-at the store that is hiring with 2 mangers
    3- was also with 2 manger one flagship leader and a general leader

process took like a month. It takes like 2-7 days for them to reply back

Interview Questions

• Why apple
      Tell me about yourself
      How you delt with a difficult coustomer
      How you delt with a difficult coworker
      How you delt with a manger
      What's your favorite product
      Why you

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied online through a referral. Heard back within three weeks to attend a hiring event. Went through three rounds of interviews after. After final interview was hired for position after a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you didn't know how to handle a situation and what steps you took?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They have a 2-hour hiring event where they present their staff and way of work. People are divided into groups. After the explanation, they sit with the groups and ask people to answer some questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you worked in a team and the outcome   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Was sent a link to apply from a recruiter via LinkedIn. Applied online and a couple days a later was invited to do an interview at their corporate office. You choose a slot time you would like to attend and show up in a smart casual attire. It was a group interview in a conference room with 6 other candidates and 2 recruiters. If they want to proceed there will 2 more interviews.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want this position?
      2. Explain a situation you were in with an irate customer
      3. Explain a situation you were in with a difficult co worker
      4. You will role play (customer/specialist) in (insert situation here) you will do both with different people.
      5. Do you have any questions?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Kettering, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied a few months prior to hearing from apple. I then received an email, asking me to go online and setup a time for a phone interview.

The phone interview was really quick and easy, just a few questions and she informed me that I had made it to the next round.

The next round was the hiring event, which had about 30 people and was held at the Apple Store after it closed. There was music playing and everyone was very relaxed and upbeat.We took our assigned seats and eventually got to the group interviews after some presentations. The group interviews were different, but fun. They broke us into 3 different groups, each with an Apple employee. The employee passed around an iPad which had interview questions on them. You picked a random question and had a minute to answer it, then passing the iPad around the group. Definitely very informal and relaxed.

I got a call a week later stating that I had made it to the next round, a week later. I arrived at the Apple store and myself and 3 other people were taken to an off-site conference room. We met with the store owner and another manager, both super friendly and good people. They took turns asking the group questions, and we answered them one-by-one.

We were then told about the next steps in the very very long hiring process, and that we would receive a call back if they wanted to proceed with us. I received an email a week later that they had chosen to go with other candidates.

Throughout the whole process, they mentioned to us that if we didn't get hired, it wasn't a "no", it was a "not right now". Meaning that we were welcome to apply next time. The whole process was very casual, yet professional.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to try something new   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to deliver bad news to someone   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you didn't agree with your manager   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

We signed in upon arrival at the interview. We put on our name badges and sat around one of the tables towards the back of the store. We were introduced to our interviewer and we proceeded to introduce ourselves. We were asked to provide our name, our passion and our favorite song. The questions began shortly via tablet. We had to press a button that revealed an interview question as we passed along the tablet and answered accordingly. There were about 8 of us there and had to finish within the allotted one hour time window. We only got about 1-2 questions each. Towards the end we were asked if we had any questions and that was it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had met with someone or a group to form an alliance.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Walnut Creek, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online the first week of February and it took until the end of March for me to get an email from them saying they were inviting me to a hiring event. I show up early and there's 11 other applicants at the event. It was a two hour event that was a mix of presentations from the Apple employees and smaller interviews between us applicants. They had a closing Q&A session and then told us they would be getting in contact with us within the next 10 days.

I was getting nervous because I hadn't heard from them in 8 days and then in the 9th late at night I got a call asking me to come in for a second interview. I show up, early again, and there's another person interviewing with me. There's two upper management employees that have both been there for over 15 years giving us the interview. It was only an hour and then they said they would be calling us by the end of the night with their decision.

All in all it was a very good experience; the best interview experience I've had in my short working career. Even if i hadn't been offered the position I still would have been very impressed with how they structured their interview process.

Tips: just be yourself! It's very conversational and laid back. They want to see if you can just have and honest straightforward conversation with someone and be genuinely interested. They ask you ZERO questions about apple and their products (well i wasn't asked any) and it's all about your personality. Don't be nervous and most importantly don't be afraid. Every Apple employee I interacted with was extremely friendly and approachable. They will be able to tell quickly if you're uncomfortable approaching strangers and having conversations. So remember relax and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• What was the best customer service experience you had and why was it memorable?   1 Answer
    • Why would you be a good fit at Apple?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview with 5 others. One manager. Interesting questions. Sat at a coffeeshop near the Apple Store and interviewed there.

It was a very chill environment. Just felt like a few friends talking.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a tough, urgent situation at a previous job?   Answer Question