Apple Specialist Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Apple Specialist Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Jun 4, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

group interview, around 15 people were also in the interview, group of 7 store members were evaluating consisted of manager, creative, geniuses, technical specialist and the administrative person.

1. Intro of store members to groups, then within the groups, intro yourself to your group members
2. you need to introduce a person in your group to all the interviewees.
3. series of videos, explaining Apple culture, Apple store structure, there is time after videos to express your thoughts about the video [you are being evaluated for expressing comments]
4. then into the groups again to do the interview questions, there is a list of questions that the store members choose from from their ipads, very generic interview questions but in a group discussion style. [you are being evaluated for the answers]
5. after the interview, there is a Q&A, after that, its done.

process took around 2 hours, no breaks. Most people were in business casual with few in full business.

Interview Questions

• Example of a time your worked around your weakness   1 Answer
  • Example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied and was contacted 2-3 days after to register for a interview time. Typical interview format for an Apple hiring event, smaller group and we went through all the motions aside from watching the videos. Felt as though the leaders were just going through the motions, smaller group and only asked one question to each candidate, leading each person to only speak for a few minutes within the 60-70 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

First of all, you have to apply online. Then you will receive an invitation for a group interview. The next step is introducing the person that is being you. Then you have to see an Apple video which is the same that it has on its website and you have to say what do you see in that videos. Then they divided into 5 group, in each group has around 4 or 5 people. There you have to say how you handle a situation where the customer is very angry

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me how you handled a situation when a customer come to you and ask you about an unreal requirement   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

First of all, the process is very fun!

It started off for me applying online and making a profile. I applied for a specialist. I got an email about a month later inviting me to a Apple Retail hiring event. They send you an email with the invite with the time slot you want to go for. I've seen other reviews where you only have one to choose from. I had 3 to pick from 9am, 1pm , 6pm. They will last the full 2 hours. I picked the 9am slot because I thought all the hiring manager would be fresh and not be tired from any other groups. There was 30 people in each group session.

So the morning of the hiring event, I arrived by 8:30am, they request you to be 15 mintues early. I thought I would just show up even more early (make a better impression) and it was a good idea. I got to meet some of the managers first and they started to know my name before the rest of the people got there. Our event wasn't at the apple store, it was nearby at a hotel ballroom.

Once you walk in, you are greeted by Apple employees on iPads checking you in. After that, once everybody has arrived, they bring you over to some tables and make you a name tag. Once everyone has there name tags, they told us to come into the ballroom. Just like lauch day of a new Apple product at a retail store, as we were walking in, they were blasting music, all clapping and had a big smile on there faces. It felt very welcoming. We all sat down around a rectangular table while all the employee and managers were standing up around the table.

The event started right at 9. The first real thing that happened is that all the Apple employee introduced themselves. They said what they did at the Apple store, what they like doing for hobbies and something unqiue about themselves. Then it was our time to introduce ourselves.

This is important, I did lots of research before hand on glassdoor and reddit. All the managers have Ipads marking people and writing down what people stand out and offer to go first. They want people to be outgoing but while remaining natural and orangic. So what do you know, I offered to go first and I told everyone one about myself. The managers really like that. If you can and your going to a hiring event, offer to go first to introduce yourself. Once everyone was finished, we moved on and they should us 3 videos (you can see them ahead of time on the Apple jobs website)

Then they asked all the people at the hiring event what they thought of the videos... and yet again, what do you know.. I offered to go first again (this shows you take leadership) and I could see all the managers writing down my name. They asked, what we thought of the videos, what makes Apple so special, etc...

Then we had to get into groups of 5. We were all given the same scenario, and based on the videos that they showed us and what we learned, and if you were an employee at the Apple store, what would you do. It was "Somebody comes into Apple with a water damagaed iPhone".
    We got into our groups and had 10 minutes to act out a kit, once time was up, we all sat back down and each group performed infront of eveyone. Once again, the managers were looking out for outgoing people, that was the whole point of the kit.

After that, they should and talked about all the positions available at Apple Retail stores. Then they was almost it, they asked if we had any questions (try to ask a question if you can), I asked the first question. We didn't have that much time left, only about 5-7 questions were answered.

At the end, they got us to fill out the application form. On the form, it was availability, what positions you wanted to work, what Apple products you have/know (Ipad, Iphone, Ipod, Mac, Monitors, others) and Apple software (iLife, Icloud, iWork iTunes, Final Cut).

Once done, I got out my resume and cover letter and gave it to one of the managers and told them how much fun I had. Make sure you go and shake all the managers hands at the end and thank them for there time.

They said they would let us know within 24 hours by phone if we were moving onto the next interview.... 1 hour hour later after I left the hiring event I got a call back to another 1-1 interview. I went and it was very easy, just asking about my past etc..

I did one more into interview 2 days later. Got a call back the next day to offer me a job.

The main point I can give while going through the hiring process, is to just be youeself, have a passion for Apple products, and have a smile on your have.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple?
      Tell me about yourself?
      What is so special besides Apple
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was a very interactive group interview. There were many different uses of presentation and interview types. It's not one on one. There were a good number of people there.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I got a call for an hiring event and it was really good, I answered to every questions and there were about 15-20 people. 2 days later I got an call for one on one which I am going to now

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through a online recruiting website. I was emailed from Apple directly for an interview. I booked a date and time slot for my interview. The interview was one-on-one with an extremely professional and friendly Specialist.

Interview Questions

• - Basic questions about past work and educational history
      - What my reaction to different scenarios would be
      - How I work on a team
      - What kind of learner I am
      - Who my role model is
      - Lots about the Apple brand so know your stuff!

Nothing too out of the ordinary.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First a group interview and then 2-3 one on one interviews with managers

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

After submitting my resume online through their careers page, I was sent an invitation for one of their hiring seminars. The hiring seminar was a group-based interview where they set you in different groups. After that, if they liked you during the group interview you get to go to the panel interview where you'd be interviewed by the store manager and a senior employee.

Interview Questions

• Group interview: customer has X business, get together and brainstorm a product solution, Panel Interview: questions about past experience and skills, i.e. conflict resolution: explain a scenario where this was used   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

Great place to work. The interview prices is very long. Recruiter phone call, interview with manager. They asked very general questions but the are looking for people that can relate to other customers. Technical knowledge is not as important as an outgoing personality

Interview Questions

• Why did you do when you were faced with confrontation   1 Answer

Negotiation

None