Apple Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a good interview process and was trueley interseting. I was taken by suprise how fin this would be and it turend out okay even though i declinde the position

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Very casual over coffee for initial interview, the next process is angel with other store managers. recruiter was very friendly and promoted the brand very well. All associates believe in the company, and have a passion for its long term goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Basic group interview. Around 15 people in a conference room. Apple recruiting reps have you intro yourself out loud in front of the group. Then they show a video about diversity and potential at Apple. Then they make everyone talk about a scenario where they went above and beyond for a customer. The groups are then separated into groups of 4-5 and asked to role play as customers with problems that walk into an Apple store.

Interview Questions

• Role playing as a teacher, another participant must explain what Apple products would keep her students interested and be good for a classroom.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Manchester, NH) in July 2014.

Interview

Very casual. I wore business casual, and I was the best dressed in the room. There were two panels, and we rotated between rooms. I honestly felt like I wasn't hipster enough for the role. I wore what many would consider to be standard interview clothes, but even the market leadership were wearing jeans. The worst part was they would not even bother to provide interview feedback. So, essentially, I wasted my time.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

It is a lengthy interview process that leads to a position at Apple.

Interview Questions

• How do you want to create a legacy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I was a bit taken aback at how casual the employee attire was. A little too casual in fact. I'm not sure that employees should be wearing jean shorts and sneakers but, I digress. I was greeted by senior management within ten minutes of arriving. The male and female interviewers introduced themselves and directed me outside where we sat at a picnic table of sorts.

The interview was straight-forward enough but what I was thrown off by was how rigid and stand-offish the female senior manager was. When answering her questions, she was unable to look me in the eye while we conversed. From her body language I discerned that she just wanted to get the interview over with and move on. The male interviewer, however, was very pleasant, friendly and attentive.

The kicker was when she asked me if I had any further questions in which I asked, "so what is the average work-week like, hourly?" Her face became rigid and she answered with, "we are not here to talk about salaries, benefits or work hours. We are trying to figure out whether you can lead a team or not." At that point I knew the interview was over.

The male interviewer bid me a good day as the female employee walked ahead of him towards the store in The Domain. Needless to say I was not offered the position, despite being well qualified.

Interview Questions

• "What would be your slogan for yourself?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview and it was very pleasant. The person that was interviewing me was very professional but was also interested as me as a person to see if we were a good fit to work together.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your coaching experience and how you would apply it to Apple   Answer Question

There starting pay was less than what I was making at my previous job.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in September 2011.

Interview

Had several conversations with recruiter over the phone and met with local District Manager

Interview Questions

• Clearly the local DM had no experience in interviewing, didn't ask much. Told me a story about falling asleep in a store when he was a Store Manager. No impressed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

you gotta asked questions about the products, about how you perform in front of peopole. the capacity to listen.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle someone who eats a pizza in the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with the Store Manager for a comparable position. Standard interview ?s, just the the thing that stuck out was how disinterested he seemed in being there. He was late to interview and did not appear to be in the store earlier in the day. He was one of the most arrogant people I have ever interviewed with and asked the most ludicrous questions repeatedly. The managers of these stores seem more interested in their egos than hiring a diverse and qualified staff.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate your team?   1 Answer