Apple Technical Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Technical Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

2.9

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple in October 2018.

Interview

Got an email to attend an interview event at the Apple store. I was expecting a lot of people but there were only 3 other people interviewing with me. It was a group interview but instead of the hiring managers (there were 2 apple store managers for different stores) asking us questions, we were asked to partner up and get to know our partner. We had to introduce them and then they asked us 2 questions. This all took about an hour and it was honestly so much fun! Later that day, I got asked to come in for a one-on-one interview with one of the assistant managers. Again, very laidback interview. I introduced myself and she asked about 4 basic questions total.

Interview Questions

• A time you provided excellent customer service and how did you know you made that customer happy? Why apple? Favorite apple device? (can't say iPhone) The ask about your hobbies!   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Antonio, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

1st interview was a group setting , which we looked at a tablet that had questions that we answered , behavioral questions
    2nd interview was one of the mangers , more of a feel you out , what do you know about apple , how would you handle this type of situation , role play you as the employee manager as customer , then why do you want to work here.
    3rd interview Head manager another feel you out questions where you from , past job experience
    4th interview regional manager , more feel you out questions , then explaining the job

The longest part was the background check ,

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a difficult customer   1 Answer

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Very easy and while intensive I say it was a worthwhile interview process . There was 4 interview while 2 of them being group interviews . I enjoyed going through this process as I had never had a hiring process this long before .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Augusta, GA) in July 2018.

Interview

Casual and informal, but intense. You have to fit the mold. If you fit, you're golden. Only reason I wasn't selected was because I needed full time, but they were only hiring part-time staff. Company culture is huge here.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite kind of candy?   1 Answer

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The interview process involves three interviews, the first being a group then two more personal ones. The managers are looking for individuals who desire to grow within the company, and have the ability to think differently. Customer service is a large part of the role, and managers want to see if you can perform customer service in a fast-paced environment.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Charleston, SC) in October 2017.

Interview

4 interviews. Each interview with a different management person. The interview was mostly the leadership team getting to know more about you. It was not very technical. They stressed they are looking for a person that is friendly, can talk to customers, be empathic and learn quickly. They will teach you everything you need to know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

It was like an orientation first. All the interviewees are in the classroom. There were 3 managers who explained about Apple. We were then divided into a couple of groups. Each group had 5 candidates and 1 interviewer. The interviewer asked a question, and we all answered it respectively. In the end, they asked me to fill out the form for availability for next interview appointment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you consider unreasonable customer requests?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Baltimore, MD) in April 2018.

Interview

At time of writing, I applied for the open position 2 months (8+ weeks) ago. I have had four interviews - one group interview with the hiring manager; one 1:1 interview; one more interview with the hiring manager; and a final interview with someone from the genius bar (who I was supposed to interview with on my second trip, but he called out from work). It took eight weeks and four interviews for them to tell me they "definitely" want to hire me for the position I applied for, but don't have anything open right now. I'm frustrated that the (numerous!) interviews seemed to go very well, and the managers were really clear about their expectations of my flexibility, yet they're not actually in a position to hire. So I'm now on the hook for a will-they-won't-they position that I'm fully vetted for, but I won't know when it opens until it opens. Apparently this is something that happens with some regularity, at least at this store.

Interviews themselves focus on how you answer questions as a part of your interview group - performance under pressure and collaborative ability. As far as content, the interviews are conversation-based instead of question-based. Their concerns are less with technical prowess, and more on personality and customer service experiences. Either you are an apple person or you aren't - but even if you are, you may not get a job.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

Hiring event is basically a meet and greet that helps flesh out possible candidates from under qualified individuals. If you move on from there, it is another group interview, but smaller and with the store manager/managers.

Interview Questions

• What is one time that you personally created a good relationship with a customer?   1 Answer

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online back in September and did not receive an invite to interview till December. During that time I was losing hope that my application was seen but one thing Apple does is follow up. I had a total of 3 interviews, the first one was the preliminary interview which you can assume that it was more to get to know me and probe my overall interest with Apple. That one was done with 3 other interviewees in a group interview.
    The second was with a different set of people so I assume there was a split between the first interviews. That one was with three different managers, one of which being the Store Leader. That one was again getting to know me and my overall interest however, I started to notice through the questions and interactions that Apple was trying to get to really know me. By that I don’t mean know my whole life but rather what makes me, me. They asked me questions revolving around my hobbies, passions, interests and so on. I could tell from this interview that what they were really looking for was what made me different. This difference did not mean what made me better than the person next to me but rather what made me unique. I could tell then that Apple wasn’t looking for another employee but instead they were looking for the next person to add to their family.
    This final interview was with someone who’s title was Marketing Lead. The details in which what this person does is vague to me but nonetheless a big part of the store I was applying for and many others. And once again this person wanted to get to know us. Without going on and on I’ll leave it at this, this interview process was different from those I’ve had before and for an important reason and I do advise people to do their research about Apples values but not to study them, instead to understand why Apple has those values and if you could relate to those values in any way.

Interview Questions

• What are your interests or hobbies that you do outside of work and school?   Answer Question
    • Why Apple?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time that you made an impact on a customer, guest or colleagues life?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you received or gave feedback to someone and how did that go?   Answer Question