Apple Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Jul 26, 2017

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

group interview, around 15 people were also in the interview, group of 7 store members were evaluating consisted of manager, creative, geniuses, technical specialist and the administrative person.

1. Intro of store members to groups, then within the groups, intro yourself to your group members
    2. you need to introduce a person in your group to all the interviewees.
    3. series of videos, explaining Apple culture, Apple store structure, there is time after videos to express your thoughts about the video [you are being evaluated for expressing comments]
    4. then into the groups again to do the interview questions, there is a list of questions that the store members choose from from their ipads, very generic interview questions but in a group discussion style. [you are being evaluated for the answers]
    5. after the interview, there is a Q&A, after that, its done.

process took around 2 hours, no breaks. Most people were in business casual with few in full business.

Interview Questions

• Example of a time your worked around your weakness   1 Answer
    • Example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied and was contacted 2-3 days after to register for a interview time. Typical interview format for an Apple hiring event, smaller group and we went through all the motions aside from watching the videos. Felt as though the leaders were just going through the motions, smaller group and only asked one question to each candidate, leading each person to only speak for a few minutes within the 60-70 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

First of all, you have to apply online. Then you will receive an invitation for a group interview. The next step is introducing the person that is being you. Then you have to see an Apple video which is the same that it has on its website and you have to say what do you see in that videos. Then they divided into 5 group, in each group has around 4 or 5 people. There you have to say how you handle a situation where the customer is very angry

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me how you handled a situation when a customer come to you and ask you about an unreal requirement   Answer Question

Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email invitation to attend a hiring event. There were about 20 candidates, and it was a pretty loose, comfortable group environment.

I was contacted the next day about coming in for a one-on-one interview with someone from the leadership team later that week. That conversation was also very casual, and I ended up meeting with another member of the leadership team directly afterward.

Yet another 24 hours or so later, I was reached out to again to come back in to meet with a 3rd member of the leadership team. Had that interview the following week, similar format to the previous 2 conversations.

Up until this point, I felt the process was generally quite positive. Except for after this interview, there was radio silence on Apple's end for over a week (including when I followed up after a few days), at which point I received a default, generic rejection email. It's something I would have expected after the first stage in the interview process, but after meeting with 3 separate managers, I felt the courtesy of a personalized email was deserved. Something to consider.

Interview Questions

• What do you think one of your weaknesses/something you would struggle most with in this (retail) environment?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Had phone interview after recruiter had visited my university, discussed school projects and past internships, what kind of projects that i had worked on and why I was interested in Apple

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied through the university career centre and recruiter from Apple visited university for interviewing candidates. 2 Days before the interview, I was contacted through email whether I'll be eligible to visit career center for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with prefix/postfix in different linguistics when making translator   Answer Question

Apple Store Leader Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

group interview, weird because everyone applied for sales jobs except me. I wasn't sure how they would consider me for a position that is far beyond just sales.

Interview Questions

• no technical knowledge? ha. you need to know some technical, they will ask you questions on "behavioural" but more like product knowledge combined.   Answer Question

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was very organized. first we all had to wait outside of a conference room in a downtown Hyatt hotel. once the interview started, all the apple employees would cheer us into the room. it took about 2 hours total. it consisted of, first, introducing all the staff running the interview (4 of them) and we all had to go in turn introducing ourselves and something interesting about ourselves (we were encouraged to be out of the box with that). then, they showed us several videos presenting what it would be like to work for apple retail.

we then broke into 3 groups of 9 with each having an apple employee run a discussion group. they would act out different scenarios that might happen with employees and we would in turn have to comment and make decisions based on what they said.

finally we were giving a chance to ask them some questions and fill out a questionnaire that tested our familiarity with technology terms (i.e.- what is Wifi, and what are 3 apple products use it?)

Interview Questions

• An old lady walks into the store to hide from the rain, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • what are 2 solutions for a customer looking for help backing up their data?   Answer Question

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2011.

Interview

The first stage was a panel of interviewers viewing a group of us interacting with on another on a number of case study situations. The second stage was a one on one interview. The last stage was an interview with the senior Human Resources Manager.

Interview Questions

• Have you been ever put into a position that you were unable to respond appropriately to?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

Initially a recruiter for Apple contacted me after seeing my profile on LinkedIn. Advised that Apple needed to move quickly on a newly created position. Almost 3 mos before first 1:1 interview. Strange interviews - advised it was all about "the fit". Questions were met with vague responses.