Apple Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.9

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First a group interview and then 2-3 one on one interviews with managers

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

Met with 3 people total. First interview was individual but I know others were interviewed on a group setting. 2nd interview was with a manager and third with (at the time) the country manager. Basic interview process

Interview Questions

• What have you done to go over and above for a customer?   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First there is event where they introduce you to Apple and do some dynamics to know you better. After, if they like you, you get contacted for an interview with a hiring manager. Then a training course...

Interview Questions

• How was your experience with your first Apple purchase?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Don't be shy or nervous. Always be comfortable in your own skin. They really can sense if you are and will not hire you. Luckily i knew the interviewer so I was set.

Interview Questions

• What type or combination of data storage does apple offer?   1 Answer
    • What type or combination does Apple offer for data storage?   1 Answer

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was very organized. first we all had to wait outside of a conference room in a downtown Hyatt hotel. once the interview started, all the apple employees would cheer us into the room. it took about 2 hours total. it consisted of, first, introducing all the staff running the interview (4 of them) and we all had to go in turn introducing ourselves and something interesting about ourselves (we were encouraged to be out of the box with that). then, they showed us several videos presenting what it would be like to work for apple retail.

we then broke into 3 groups of 9 with each having an apple employee run a discussion group. they would act out different scenarios that might happen with employees and we would in turn have to comment and make decisions based on what they said.

finally we were giving a chance to ask them some questions and fill out a questionnaire that tested our familiarity with technology terms (i.e.- what is Wifi, and what are 3 apple products use it?)

Interview Questions

• An old lady walks into the store to hide from the rain, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • what are 2 solutions for a customer looking for help backing up their data?   Answer Question

Mac Genius Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2010.

Interview

Hiring seminar. Dozens of potential candidates in a room playing team building games while hiring staff watch your responses. Stand out, show passion to get noticed.

Interview Questions

• Stock written test to access your knowledge. Basic hardware and software. Ports, peripherals and compatability   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not sent to hiring seminar. Recruiter sent me direct to the store Manager. 3 interviews and negotiations were very comfortable and reasonable.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2008.

Interview

Applied online. Heard back the following day. Had three interviews with people. Attended optional hiring seminar, but wasn't required to do that. Final interview was with future store manager. Hired full time. Throughout, the interviewers did most of the talking. They want to know if you have good listening skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was acceptable.

Apple Store Leader Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

group interview, weird because everyone applied for sales jobs except me. I wasn't sure how they would consider me for a position that is far beyond just sales.

Interview Questions

• no technical knowledge? ha. you need to know some technical, they will ask you questions on "behavioural" but more like product knowledge combined.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

First of all, the process is very fun!

It started off for me applying online and making a profile. I applied for a specialist. I got an email about a month later inviting me to a Apple Retail hiring event. They send you an email with the invite with the time slot you want to go for. I've seen other reviews where you only have one to choose from. I had 3 to pick from 9am, 1pm , 6pm. They will last the full 2 hours. I picked the 9am slot because I thought all the hiring manager would be fresh and not be tired from any other groups. There was 30 people in each group session.

So the morning of the hiring event, I arrived by 8:30am, they request you to be 15 mintues early. I thought I would just show up even more early (make a better impression) and it was a good idea. I got to meet some of the managers first and they started to know my name before the rest of the people got there. Our event wasn't at the apple store, it was nearby at a hotel ballroom.

Once you walk in, you are greeted by Apple employees on iPads checking you in. After that, once everybody has arrived, they bring you over to some tables and make you a name tag. Once everyone has there name tags, they told us to come into the ballroom. Just like lauch day of a new Apple product at a retail store, as we were walking in, they were blasting music, all clapping and had a big smile on there faces. It felt very welcoming. We all sat down around a rectangular table while all the employee and managers were standing up around the table.

The event started right at 9. The first real thing that happened is that all the Apple employee introduced themselves. They said what they did at the Apple store, what they like doing for hobbies and something unqiue about themselves. Then it was our time to introduce ourselves.

This is important, I did lots of research before hand on glassdoor and reddit. All the managers have Ipads marking people and writing down what people stand out and offer to go first. They want people to be outgoing but while remaining natural and orangic. So what do you know, I offered to go first and I told everyone one about myself. The managers really like that. If you can and your going to a hiring event, offer to go first to introduce yourself. Once everyone was finished, we moved on and they should us 3 videos (you can see them ahead of time on the Apple jobs website)

Then they asked all the people at the hiring event what they thought of the videos... and yet again, what do you know.. I offered to go first again (this shows you take leadership) and I could see all the managers writing down my name. They asked, what we thought of the videos, what makes Apple so special, etc...

Then we had to get into groups of 5. We were all given the same scenario, and based on the videos that they showed us and what we learned, and if you were an employee at the Apple store, what would you do. It was "Somebody comes into Apple with a water damagaed iPhone".
    We got into our groups and had 10 minutes to act out a kit, once time was up, we all sat back down and each group performed infront of eveyone. Once again, the managers were looking out for outgoing people, that was the whole point of the kit.

After that, they should and talked about all the positions available at Apple Retail stores. Then they was almost it, they asked if we had any questions (try to ask a question if you can), I asked the first question. We didn't have that much time left, only about 5-7 questions were answered.

At the end, they got us to fill out the application form. On the form, it was availability, what positions you wanted to work, what Apple products you have/know (Ipad, Iphone, Ipod, Mac, Monitors, others) and Apple software (iLife, Icloud, iWork iTunes, Final Cut).

Once done, I got out my resume and cover letter and gave it to one of the managers and told them how much fun I had. Make sure you go and shake all the managers hands at the end and thank them for there time.

They said they would let us know within 24 hours by phone if we were moving onto the next interview.... 1 hour hour later after I left the hiring event I got a call back to another 1-1 interview. I went and it was very easy, just asking about my past etc..

I did one more into interview 2 days later. Got a call back the next day to offer me a job.

The main point I can give while going through the hiring process, is to just be youeself, have a passion for Apple products, and have a smile on your have.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple?
      Tell me about yourself?
      What is so special besides Apple   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2010.

Interview

1. email invitation to hiring seminar
    2. Hiring seminar: presentation, Q and A followed by questionnaire
    3. Called for a interview with store leader, informal interview, background questions, simple behavioral questions, Apple Knowledge test.
    4. Second interview with store manager, informal, interest questions, goal questions, Apple user questions, customer service experience questions.

Interview Questions

Full Time shift not offered.
     part-time only.