Apple Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 24, 2016

2.6

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Woodbridge, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Both interviews were just in the back of the Apple Store and were group interviews. The interviewees took turns answering questions. There were two interviews on two separate days a week or two apart. Asked pretty much the same questions. I received a phone call with an offer after or within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Fairfax, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

The first round of interviews was a group interview. The weird part, however, was that the group was not composed of anyone applying for the same position. It was never made clear how you were being analyzed since it was not directly competitive with the people around you. It was by far a the strangest interview I have personally had. Normally, I do well in interviews when it requires getting across the fact that you would be a good fit, however, I was never contacted back. As I understand it, there are 3-4 rounds of interviews, but I never made it to the second.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a situation where you had to confront your supervisor on a subject.   Answer Question

Apple Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Alexandria, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through apples website via my Apple ID. Literally 25 minutes late received an email invitation to the hiring event on Sunday. I was asked to verify through the email. I of course verified and showed up the the Apple Store. They started clapping and whistling as soon as you walk in. It was a group of about 27 individuals. They sat us down in front of an iMac and they went on to introduce themselves and what the apple brand family is. There were three videos in total. After each video we were asked our thoughts. Later we were broken down into smaller groups where they pass around an iPad with rounds of questions. Each person answers one question that pops up and then passes it to the next person. Once that is done they pass around documents to see when your availability is and what position you are applying for. The bring you all back to the iMac station to see if you have any questions. They end it by saying that if you receive a phone call from a number you don't know you may want to pick it up. I received a phone call for a second interview immediately the next morning. The second interview was four people with a manager and lasted an hour. They ask you to share some about yourself and why Apple. Then when it's over they tell you to wait for another call for another interview or if you get an email they did not want you.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a mistake and had to own up to it, what did you do and how did you fix it.

Name a time when you showed too much compassion and it ended up badly.
      Answer Question

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Bethesda, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

Was referred through a friend to Apple. Sent in my resume and other paperwork. Had a 30-minute interview, they asked me some questions, scheduled a second review. The second review was with the store manager who again asked me a few questions and then I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Bethesda, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

First interview was with a group including myself and 11 other people. Second interview was with the store leader. Overall friendly and fun environment not your traditional interview process.

Interview Questions

• why Apple? Why this particular role? Tell me about a time where you provided great customer service? A time about where you gave a customer a bad experience?   1 Answer

Applecare At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Ashburn, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Submitted the application through the career website, received a phone call a few months later asking if I was still interested in the position. There was only one interview, and it was conducted over Skype, but I was also given the option to do it via Facetime.

Received a phone call about a week later with my offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really any room for negotiation

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter that found my information via LinkedIn.

1st Interview was a phone interview and then a follow up interview with a group in a local hotel. I was contacted by a recruiter and said I would be contacted for a 3rd interview with a local store manager within the next 48 hours. 3 weeks later, I called the recruiter and never received a phone call back, a week later, the local store manager called me and scheduled an interview almost 2 weeks later. I thought that was strange. But, I thought I would still go. i show up for the interview and from the beginning the manager acted like he wanted to be doing something else. Every time I looked at the interviewer, he was waving at people and looking around. After speaking for an hour, I asked what the next step would be and he stated, I have no idea, I do not even know why I am talking to you. I was taken back by this and since I have a vary extensive background in retail and proven track record in management, I was surprised to hear someone be so unprofessional. Two days later, I received a phone call from the recruiter stating that they did not have a match for me with the company at this time and I should spend some more time in some of their stores.

I have always been a huge supporter of Apple and I was excited about the opportunity to work for the company. I own several of Apple's products and I have sold Apple products for years.

After this experience, I would never buy a single thing from Apple or support their company at all. You would never treat a customer like this, why would you treat a potential employee like this? The arrogance of this company is beyond belief and I can not see why anyone would go through this to work for a company.

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Fredericksburg, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

So, far I have had 2 interviews and a third coming up. Both were very nice. The second focused on customer service skills and technical skills. I was asked to list 5 items to resolve printer issues and 5 items to resolve email issues. Then there was an actual role play. I read that someone said they do not want correct answers in the role play that is not true, they do. Also looking for empathy and connection with customers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to list 5 items to resolve printer issues and 5 items to resolve email issues. Then there was an actual role play. I read that someone said they do not want correct answers in the role play that is not true, they do. Also looking for empathy and connection with customers. Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation. I thought it was a fantastic process.

Every Retail Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Reston, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very simple, they invite you through email, you accept for the meeting, and most times it'll be a group interview. There's usually rounds to an interviews so you'll have multiple interviews, but I was very blessed to have a quick hiring process with just 1 interview.

They ask very simple questions, and they're not really interested in people who know Apple products inside and out. They're more interested in people who're dedicated to helping other people so it's best to be honest with what you know about Apple and at the same time express how much you'd like to help the world.

Honestly there's no telling in how an Apple interview can go no matter how much you feel like you've got the job, you can still get denied so just try your best and hope for the best. If you get offered an interview take it because you never know when the next interview will come around, it could be weeks, it can be months, it can be years.

Be yourself, dress casual, and don't over think anything. The interview process is very competitive not only with your group interview, but through many other applicants so if you don't get it don't sweat it and don't beat yourself up too bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a group of two for each interview I had to wait a little while before my interview started because I had to wait for the candidate I was being interviewed with, we were asked to fill out applications with our availability dates on them and then the manager told us about himself

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should hire you?   1 Answer