Apple Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.5

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

So I initially applied to Apple in 2010 and was invited to a hiring event the day I moved across country. I was heartbroken but figured it wasn't my time. So I recently reapplied about a month ago and was invited to a hiring event about 2 weeks later.

Hiring Event: There were about 25 other candidates, it lasted about 2 hours, it was a very light hearted and fun experience. We got there at about 10am and was given name tags and a paper to fill out with our basic Mac knowledge; and our top 3 store location preferences. When we got inside the employees introduced themselves while telling us an irrational fear, we each went around and did the same. After watching several videos, we broke off into about 4 smaller groups. In those groups, we passed an iPad around and answered a lot of "problem solving," & "what did you do in this situation?" questions. We then rejoined the group and was given a chance to ask the employees questions. ASK A QUESTION! I believe this helped me stand out. After the Q&A they informed us that we would be notified in 48 hours. One manager yelled "Check your emails!"

2 days later I received a call scheduling my second interview.

2nd Interview: I've heard of many having group interviews in the 2nd round. My 2nd interview was a one on one with a store manager. I arrived about 15 minutes early and played Super Mario on an iPad after I checked in. I know I got some bonus points because the manager walked up on me in a full on tournament with an 8 year old. Our conversation was more geared towards Apple's values and how they coincide with my life. It was cool, he taught me new things about the company's efforts towards helping the environment. I got a good vibe from our 15 min convo, he started explaining the training process so I forgot to ask questions. That had me thinking I was screwed cause, crazy; but I received the call for the 3rd interview a day later.

Third Interview: Take 1: An hour before my scheduled interview I received a call to reschedule because the mall had lost power. Thankfully I hadn't left home yet.

Third Interview: Take 2: I arrived at the store the following day for my interview to be greeted by 2 employees guarding a closed store. They informed me that the store was closed and they'd be in touch. A day and a half of torture before I got the call to reschedule.

Third Interview: Take 3: This was a two on one with the store leader. She asked a grand total of 4 questions. "Tell me about yourself," after which she told us about her self. She, of course asked us "Why Apple?" "What do you do for fun?" & "What's Your favorite Apple product?" She then opened the floor for our questions. She then congratulated us on completing the final interview and told us we'd be contacted in 48 hours.

When I got home I opened an email with an offer contingent upon my background check. :)

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with an unruly customer?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to settle a dispute amongst coworkers?   1 Answer
    • What is Apple doing to change the world?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to turn a situation around for a customer.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Woodbridge, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

The apple team is extremely friendly and responsive, taking the time to answer any and all questions. The first interview itself is very comfortable and straightforward. They will ask various questions about why you are looking to work at Apple, your past customer experience, and your passion for technology and helping others.

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two teams. One focused on the technical and the other focused on resume. Hiring process is pretty direct and fast. Recruiters are very responsive and well-mannered. Interview was interesting and straight to the points. A little brain teaser might be kicked in too

Interview Questions

• Thermodynamics and basic manufacturing/materials science question.   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Woodbridge, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Both interviews were just in the back of the Apple Store and were group interviews. The interviewees took turns answering questions. There were two interviews on two separate days a week or two apart. Asked pretty much the same questions. I received a phone call with an offer after or within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Fairfax, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

The first round of interviews was a group interview. The weird part, however, was that the group was not composed of anyone applying for the same position. It was never made clear how you were being analyzed since it was not directly competitive with the people around you. It was by far a the strangest interview I have personally had. Normally, I do well in interviews when it requires getting across the fact that you would be a good fit, however, I was never contacted back. As I understand it, there are 3-4 rounds of interviews, but I never made it to the second.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a situation where you had to confront your supervisor on a subject.   Answer Question

Apple Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Alexandria, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through apples website via my Apple ID. Literally 25 minutes late received an email invitation to the hiring event on Sunday. I was asked to verify through the email. I of course verified and showed up the the Apple Store. They started clapping and whistling as soon as you walk in. It was a group of about 27 individuals. They sat us down in front of an iMac and they went on to introduce themselves and what the apple brand family is. There were three videos in total. After each video we were asked our thoughts. Later we were broken down into smaller groups where they pass around an iPad with rounds of questions. Each person answers one question that pops up and then passes it to the next person. Once that is done they pass around documents to see when your availability is and what position you are applying for. The bring you all back to the iMac station to see if you have any questions. They end it by saying that if you receive a phone call from a number you don't know you may want to pick it up. I received a phone call for a second interview immediately the next morning. The second interview was four people with a manager and lasted an hour. They ask you to share some about yourself and why Apple. Then when it's over they tell you to wait for another call for another interview or if you get an email they did not want you.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a mistake and had to own up to it, what did you do and how did you fix it.

Name a time when you showed too much compassion and it ended up badly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Arlington, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Waited very long until got notified for a group interview.
    Four in a group to interview with store manager within a specific time period on site the store.
    With everyone's introduction the manager asked different questions to individuals.

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Bethesda, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

Was referred through a friend to Apple. Sent in my resume and other paperwork. Had a 30-minute interview, they asked me some questions, scheduled a second review. The second review was with the store manager who again asked me a few questions and then I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Bethesda, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

First interview was with a group including myself and 11 other people. Second interview was with the store leader. Overall friendly and fun environment not your traditional interview process.

Interview Questions

• why Apple? Why this particular role? Tell me about a time where you provided great customer service? A time about where you gave a customer a bad experience?   1 Answer

Applecare At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Ashburn, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Submitted the application through the career website, received a phone call a few months later asking if I was still interested in the position. There was only one interview, and it was conducted over Skype, but I was also given the option to do it via Facetime.

Received a phone call about a week later with my offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really any room for negotiation