Applebee's Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.6

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's (Macon, GA).

Interview

I interviewed with HR through a phone interview first. they asked basic questions and talked about the salary.next I interviewed face to face with the area director. It was a pretty basic interview. She asks questions about myself based on my resume. Why I chose the company and my expectations. Next step was a job shadow in the restaurant. Then I had a phone interview with the regional director. He told me my expectations and asked me a few questions about myself.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Altoona, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the District Manager. Very professional and positive. The company pays well for the industry. Very organized. The other managers seem generally happy to be there. Very high company standards with bonuses for excellent performance. The general manager and district manager were both with the company for 20 years-plus. The store I interviewed in seemed to be well-run.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

My interview process was expedited, so I was flexible with their request to meet my needs. Got a call on a Sunday morning to meet with an Area Director at a location an hour away. We went over the job requirements, condition and performance of the location I was applying for and my management style. That night I did an online evaluation. 4 days later, I met with the VP of operations. We went over basically the same but in deeper details. I left town for a week and was offered the job when I returned.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with disgruntle employees?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

They promote from within and from without. I was promoted from within after learning every position in the restaurant. The district manager interviews you, and then sends you to a training store for 6-10 weeks

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's in January 2015.

Interview

Laid back. The person interviewing acted very uncomfortable. He read script never looked up at me. Seemed like he had something to get to. Acted like district manager was going come, then said he was on phone and he couldn't bother him. Never asked about if I had any knowledge of company. Had to repeat answers several times for him to write down.

Interview Questions

• Past work experience. How to deal with a difficult customer. Basic questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Columbia, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

Very lengthy. First, phone interview with HR. Then interview with Area Director, then interview with GM, then phone interview on phone with VP. Also you take a one hour assessment. Drug test, background check. You have to have ten references and they have to talk to each and every one or else you have to give them ten more.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told them what my bottom line was, and they raised a grand.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I was contacted by a HR assistant after sending my resume through a job posting. She set me up with an interview at the corporate office. The interview went well and it was a very laid back general conversation about the business. She passed me along to the Area Director and I had an interview with him. It was a standard interview with all of the expected questions. The AD like ls me so I was passed on to the RJP, which stands for realistic job preview, a working interview of sorts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something that you regret or something you wish younwould have done differently.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was what I expected so no negotiation was needed.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Group Interview. It was fun and a good way to show off if your sharp and carry yourself well. They started as a group and asked group questions. After that they sent some of the people home and did one on ones with the candidates and a GM. After that they did one on ones with the candidates and the District Managers. It was about a 2 hour process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There isn't much negotiation at this level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

three interviews very timly

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Initially you meet with HR at franchise office, then you do a follow with a GM of one of their restaurants, then meet with an Area Director.

Interview Questions

• Really didn't have any hard questions or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

yes you are able to negotiate but not very much.