Applebee's Food Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

1.9

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was a joke. Pretty much if you breathe and can carry food you'll get the job. The Applebees that I worked at had a huge turnover rate and it was because they would hire literally anyone who walked through the door

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Anonymous Employee in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Moscow, ID).

Interview

Easy application (I believe it is online now), I was called within a few days and set up an interview with a manager. The manager was a mid level manager, he asked pretty basic questions. "Tell me about your work history." What would you if a guest was unhappy?" etc. I was called and hired the same day, and began training at the beginning of the next week.

Anonymous Employee in Burleson, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Burleson, TX).

Interview

One on one immediate interview with General Manager after completing application. I walked in to apply, filled out thr application and when i went to turn it in, I was met by the General Manager for an immediate interview. I arrived during the 2-4pm hour, which is their down time, perfect gor applying. The interview seemed to be more of a personality interview than solely a work history focused interview. Very casual and comfortable with that particular General Manager, who was very personable. I believe he was promoted.

Interview Questions

• How would I react to a unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bountiful, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Bountiful, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

Paper application. A few simple questions about my experience and what I was looking for. They were desperate for staff so one person came to the table and said to hire every double applicant. Must fill out personality questionair.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Winchester, KY) in July 2014.

Interview

I arrived 20 min early the manager was in a meeting with a different manager. I was seated 6 tables down from the managers meeting asked if I wanted anything to drink by a waitress I asked for water. She brought it back and let the manager know I was sitting waiting. After 20 min the two mangers left the area I was in and went to the back one manager came back and proceed toward me never saying a thing. So I said Hi How are you. She responded. She then sat down gave me her name never asked me for mine. So I told her my name, and offered my hand she shook it. She then went through my paper work and said not asked so you have worked in the restaurant business before. I said yes. She then flipped a few pages over and started asking me question's. When I answered them the best i could she was like well your not giving me what I'm asking for your also impersonal. An then said I don't see how you worked as a waitress before. She then said the interview was not working out. I said thank you and shook her hand.

Interview Questions

• I was asked, If you were to take a order and the client ordered med and they wanted a well done stake how would you fix this?   1 Answer
    • Say you were in a group and your opinion about something was correct and you had to get every one to agree with you how would you do it?   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Very relaxing interview, it is required that you have previous experience in the hospitality industry before coming in to interview. Since I had already worked in the industry I was able to talk about how many tables I could handle and how much sales expected to have on any given night. I was asked what I thought every server needed to do to be successful. That is a pretty common question. 9 out of 10 managers want you to say something like a good attitude or a nice smile.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question is: where do you see yourself in ten years? It's difficult because even the manager knows you won't be with them, yet you feel obligated to say you will be there.   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Was lied to about many things. The most egregious was that I would make up to $100.00 per night in tips. I never made more than $20 or $30 bucks per 8 hour shift.

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

The interview was very simple. Now it is all online, but I was hired when they were still doing paper applications. It was a generic application, and when i went in for the interview they asked about previous experiences, why i left my other job, and my availability. I didn't get hired for my requested position, but I did make it there eventually.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Interview

Walked in asked for an interview and was hired on the spot

Food Server Interview

Interview

Three interviews with diff managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy, I got hired.