Applebee's Host Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applebee's Host Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Jamaica, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy and fast, got hired the same day. I applied online and got an email about a interview the next day, I officially started to work at the job 3 days after my interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Westfield, MA).

Interview

Met with the manager at the time, was very structured. I was given a time and date etc. She was very polite and knowledgeable about what they were looking for in employees. I felt that i would fit in right away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I was interviewed by the assistant manager, and it was laid back in style. We talked about shared things we had in common for example. Anyway I was offered evenings, which unfortunately does not work for me personally. So I had to turn it down.

Anonymous Employee in Huffman, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's (Huffman, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It took me about four times to actually get interviewed. They would tell me to come and when i got there the manager wasn't even there. Finally one day the general manager called me snd got everything set up.

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Waterloo, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with two separate managers on the same day. Both interviews were about 10 minutes each. You will talk to the General manager and the Manager of the host/servers or kitchen staff depending on what position you applied for. The restaurant is always busy so coming in early means you will only have to wait even longer for the manager to get to you. Business casual or professional leave a good impression.

Interview Questions

• "Do you have any previous experience working in a restaurant?"
      "What would you do to make a guest new to Applebee's feel welcomed?"
      "Explain a situation where you made a mistake. What did you do to fix it?"
      "Explain a situation where a customer was unhappy with their service."
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Cambridge, MN).

Interview

Easy, interviewed with two managers at separate times. They asked standard, basic interview questions. They were professional, and made sure to plan enough time to get through everything necessary. Plus, they give you free beverages during the interview. It was a pretty casual interview, low pressure. If you have a good attitude, they'd probably hire you. The main goal with that company is to have attractive, cheerful people working in the front of house.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a host?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's in August 2015.

Interview

It is like your typical interview. I applied through snagajob, and they called me a week after. I had two separate interviews with the host manager and the general manager, and they were both very nice. After the second interview, they said that they will call me back within two days to let me know if I got the job or not and they did.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview is fairly easy. You interview with three managers. They approach you depending on which job you're interested in. You get a response within a couple of days. They usually want to make sure that you're outgoing enough to work in this industry.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishments of yours are you mostly proud of? How would you manage a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Possibility to level up if needed.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very informal and easy. I only had one in-person interview and the general manager just asked me to tell her a little about myself and then she asked me a few basic questions in order to get to know me better and find out if I'd be a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for this job?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's in August 2015.

Interview

First interview lasted maybe 5 minutes. Second interview with the GM was more in depth. It covered all the details about the position I was applying for. Hired on the spot afterwards and started work the next week.