Applebee's Host Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

1.7

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bell Gardens, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's (Bell Gardens, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Management is so unprofessional, I had 4 interviews AND THEY COULDN'T TELL ME YES OR NO. After my 4th interview they told me to call Tuesday. When I called one of the managers answered the phone to tell me they weren't hiring and hung up on me while being rude. This is not the best way to tell a candidate that they arent fit for the postition insterad of being lied to. I went on indeed and saw that they were hiring. Managment needs to be retrained to be more polite and compationate tworard others and more professional. If they treat CANDIDATES like that i can just imagine the customers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Anonymous Employee in Pooler, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's (Pooler, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

it consisted of two interviews. The first interview was with one of the regular managers and was mainly for getting past work information. The second interview was with the hiring manager and was just going over dress code, pay, and how many hours I would like to work and other things like that.

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Jamaica, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy and fast, got hired the same day. I applied online and got an email about a interview the next day, I officially started to work at the job 3 days after my interview.

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Westfield, MA).

Interview

Met with the manager at the time, was very structured. I was given a time and date etc. She was very polite and knowledgeable about what they were looking for in employees. I felt that i would fit in right away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I was interviewed by the assistant manager, and it was laid back in style. We talked about shared things we had in common for example. Anyway I was offered evenings, which unfortunately does not work for me personally. So I had to turn it down.

Anonymous Employee in Huffman, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's (Huffman, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It took me about four times to actually get interviewed. They would tell me to come and when i got there the manager wasn't even there. Finally one day the general manager called me snd got everything set up.

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's (Duluth, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was fairly easy, the people were very nice, and they asked very easy questions. I was offered the job on the spot and I accepted. I worked there for 6 months.

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Waterloo, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with two separate managers on the same day. Both interviews were about 10 minutes each. You will talk to the General manager and the Manager of the host/servers or kitchen staff depending on what position you applied for. The restaurant is always busy so coming in early means you will only have to wait even longer for the manager to get to you. Business casual or professional leave a good impression.

Interview Questions

• "Do you have any previous experience working in a restaurant?"
      "What would you do to make a guest new to Applebee's feel welcomed?"
      "Explain a situation where you made a mistake. What did you do to fix it?"
      "Explain a situation where a customer was unhappy with their service."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Cambridge, MN).

Interview

Easy, interviewed with two managers at separate times. They asked standard, basic interview questions. They were professional, and made sure to plan enough time to get through everything necessary. Plus, they give you free beverages during the interview. It was a pretty casual interview, low pressure. If you have a good attitude, they'd probably hire you. The main goal with that company is to have attractive, cheerful people working in the front of house.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a host?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's in August 2015.

Interview

It is like your typical interview. I applied through snagajob, and they called me a week after. I had two separate interviews with the host manager and the general manager, and they were both very nice. After the second interview, they said that they will call me back within two days to let me know if I got the job or not and they did.