Applebee's Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

1.8

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then called a couple days later. Manager told me to come in same day with resume. After first interview, he told me to come later that week for second interview with other manager. Had second interview with two managers. Then got the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Kokomo, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next day to call to schedule an interview which I did. The first interview was really good I interviewed with the manager and he seemed really nice and laid back and was easy to talk to. Didn't get asked many questions just why I was applying and what my availability was, etc. He then scheduled a 2nd interview with the GM for the next day and that interview was very quick. I had to wait about 20 minutes for the interview to start and once it did it lasted about 3 minutes. The GM was very nice and he asked me the exact same questions the other manager did and said they'd call me the following Monday with their decision. Didn't get a call but got a rejection email the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The interview was very laid back, I felt super comfortable. The interview didn't take long either. I got the job that day too which I didn't expect. I say just to be yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Palmdale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with 17 people which was very overwhelming considering it was my first group interview. It was extremely difficult for everyone to answer the same question without copying one another. However, the manager was very nice and it was clear no experience was needed for the job. They wanted everyone to feel welcomed and that they had a chance.

Interview Questions

• Think of one dish, (literally anything, like your mom's meatloaf) and tell me about it and try and sell it to me.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Applebees?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Ruston, LA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and went in to check on application 2 days later. Was interviewed on the spot and filled out an in store application. Then the general manager told me I was hired and to show up the next day. Went in the next day and filled out new hire paperwork and began training on the computer.

Interview Questions

• Any previous experience in the restaurant industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evergreen Park, Cook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Evergreen Park, Cook, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online got called back in about 3 days. Went in for an interview for 4:30 arrived at 4:15 didn't get interviewed until 5:00, VERY unprofessional! The interviewer began having a conversation with a employee that was on break right in the middle of our interview! They even began gossiping about another employee and how they didn't care for her. The interviewer began yawning and looking off out the window during our interview, very disconnected, and uninterested, she only asked me my availabilty and to 'tell me about yourself' in which i responded telling her about my work history and my hobbies, she then said, she wasn't getting a vibe off of me and couldn't "pull anything from me", I'm not sure what she wanted to know....complete waste of my time, worst interview experience ever!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Southfield, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

First Interview, Very quick and straight to the point. Person doing my interview explained the job I was applying for and was very friendly and easy to talk to. TIP: Be confident and talkative.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied & got called 2 days later, simple interview.. on the spot mouth drug test. ask a few questions about myself, he liked that I smiled a lot and had a good attitude. Asked why I loved Applebee's so much, & he doesn't interview anyone in jeans and sneakers

Interview Questions

• why do you wanna work for Applebee's   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Valley Stream, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. I volunteered during a Flapjack Fundraiser. While there the General Manager asked me I was looking for a job. I applied the same day which was a Saturday. My interview was Monday, I had my orientation the same Wednesday. The manager asked about previous experience and about my school grades.

Hostess Interview

Interview

Interview was very simple. I had a follow up the next day and the GM hired me right then and there. Each interview was under five minutes long. We just took a seat at random tables in the dining room when it was very slow. Food and drink was offered to m as well. It was the best interview experience I've had and I loved working for their company!!