Applebee's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.6

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's (El Cajon, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview which went well, then an in person interview where I spent a couple of hours at the store. I was impressed with the staff, cleanliness of restaurant and overall operation.

Interview Questions

• What action would I take if I saw an employee breaking a rule?   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New London, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's (New London, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

Very informal process, had about five tiers to it. Going from a phone interview twice, to an in person interview, then an interview with the general manager, followed by a restaurant visit.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if product was missing from the back room?   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colonial Heights, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Colonial Heights, VA).

Interview

I walked in and asked for the hiring manager and I was sent to an empty table and I waited for about 10 minutes. Then one of the employees took me to the manager. I was interviewed by two managers but it was very relaxed and they made me feel comforatable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Kokomo, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next day to call to schedule an interview which I did. The first interview was really good I interviewed with the manager and he seemed really nice and laid back and was easy to talk to. Didn't get asked many questions just why I was applying and what my availability was, etc. He then scheduled a 2nd interview with the GM for the next day and that interview was very quick. I had to wait about 20 minutes for the interview to start and once it did it lasted about 3 minutes. The GM was very nice and he asked me the exact same questions the other manager did and said they'd call me the following Monday with their decision. Didn't get a call but got a rejection email the next day.

Server Interview

Interview

Had first interview was set up for second interview next day and then was told she would talk to the GM and I called back a few days later was told
    They would pass on the app

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salina, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Salina, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

Went in for 1st interview, was then scheduled for 2nd interview with GM. Went for that interview, I thought it went well. Never heard anything back from anybody there and I even called and couldn't get any follow through from them.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to my team.
      Best quality, worst Quality?
      Experience?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Palmdale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with 17 people which was very overwhelming considering it was my first group interview. It was extremely difficult for everyone to answer the same question without copying one another. However, the manager was very nice and it was clear no experience was needed for the job. They wanted everyone to feel welcomed and that they had a chance.

Interview Questions

• Think of one dish, (literally anything, like your mom's meatloaf) and tell me about it and try and sell it to me.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Applebees?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bossier City, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's (Bossier City, LA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, the young lady asked me my name, where I was from, did I have a car, was I working, when I was available, have I ever worked for their company, have I ever cooked for any company before and when could come in an fill out a application,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evergreen Park, Cook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Evergreen Park, Cook, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online got called back in about 3 days. Went in for an interview for 4:30 arrived at 4:15 didn't get interviewed until 5:00, VERY unprofessional! The interviewer began having a conversation with a employee that was on break right in the middle of our interview! They even began gossiping about another employee and how they didn't care for her. The interviewer began yawning and looking off out the window during our interview, very disconnected, and uninterested, she only asked me my availabilty and to 'tell me about yourself' in which i responded telling her about my work history and my hobbies, she then said, she wasn't getting a vibe off of me and couldn't "pull anything from me", I'm not sure what she wanted to know....complete waste of my time, worst interview experience ever!

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Decatur, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online on a Monday and I got a callback the same day I applied, and the lady asked can I come in for an interview the next day at 1:30. So I arrived to the interview 15 minutes early, and the lady wasn't friendly at all, and she was rude. The questions were pretty basic.