Applebee's Server/Bartender Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applebee's Server/Bartender Interview Questions

2.0

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Tinton Falls, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

It was relatively easy and I got the job almost immediately. They asked very simple questions about me and my background. The manager was very friendly and almost flirty. He was pretty young, but the interview was pretty casual. It was an overall good experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate anything

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Tulsa, OK) in August 2015.

Interview

Short brief, the manager asked my avaliability and told me i was hired.
    I told my employers that i was in school full time and school came first. once i graduated i would be trying to persue my career and could not stay. I also told my employers that i could only work night shifts because i was busy during the day.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Auburn Hills, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly smooth as far as previous job information nothing to imposing or interpersonal. Overall took about 15 minutes and was hired on the spot to start orientation later that week .
     No previous experience was necessary though did help secure the position as a bartender ... Though this was upon immediate interview with the general manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job/think will be a good fit?
      Also if selling was a partial skill.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation of pay was applicable though very much room for position negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Marietta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. I was asked about my ability to multitask and provide good customer service. I was asked about my previous experience in restaurants. I was asked about my availability.

Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Johnstown, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Very professional it was a one on one interview I worked there a few years back I really enjoyed working as a bartender and as a server asked about past work experience why I quite my last job

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Come in dressed in all black. That's what you will be working in. Ask for the GM of that location. Bring 3 resumes. You will get a walk through of the restaurant. Get acquainted with the table numbers. You will interview with 3 managers foh, kitchen, and general manager. Have your game face ready. And Smile. Drug tests will be taken and You will do a personality multi choice test.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult guest?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Detroit, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

Several step process. First, as I was filling out my application, the General Manager sat and chatted with me about my previous experience and expectations. Second, I came in to take a test (behavior questions, a little math, etc.). Third, I interviewed with an Assistant Manager (the front of house manager, since I was applying for that position). They asked a bunch of situation and behavior based questions. Fourth, and last, I interview with the General Manager again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you've had with a fellow employee in your past experience. What happened and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

from interview to work was quick and painless, especially with experience. it was fairly relaxed and one on one. the questions were fairly straight forward. there were many focused towards cleanliness and dealing with problematic situations.

Interview Questions

• expect questions aimed towards how you deal with difficult situations, coworkers, customers, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very straightforward. nothing much to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Houghton Lake, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Houghton Lake, MI) in April 2011.

Interview

I had two interviews, on different days, about two days apart from eachother. The interviews that I had were with two different managers, one was a shift manager and the second i terview was both her, and the General Manager. It did not take longer than 30 minutes and it was a breeze!

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (San Luis Obispo, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Had a group interview day, with a five minute individual interview. Then a questionnaire personality test.

Interview Questions

• I was not sure if I was answering the questionnaire very well.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They ask when you can start, say "right now!"