Applebee's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applebee's Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.0

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's in January 2017.

Interview

Really good experience. Waited awhile for the manager to come and talk to me. She was really nice and we ended up talking a lot. Didn't really get asked questions just more about availability and "tell me a little bit about yourself". I got hired right on the spot and I start orientation next week!!

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Jamaica, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy and fast, got hired the same day. I applied online and got an email about a interview the next day, I officially started to work at the job 3 days after my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gloucester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Gloucester, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

interview with 3 different managers. GM was last to interview me. First was an assistant manager, and second was another assistant manager. All of them asked similar questions. Just getting to know the interviewee.

Lead Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (West Valley City, UT).

Interview

It was an easy interview. I told them about me and what I could do. Applebee's told me what they was looking for, and what was expected of me, and also their main hours they were busy. I started the next day.

Interview Questions

• Did I know how to handle stressful situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hourly wages

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Fairly normal for the restaurant business, first one when good I had work for Applebee's before in another state. So I talked about my experience there. Contest I won. The general manager conducted the second interview. He went over what I should expect and we schedule my first training day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you and your experience with applebees   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The interview was very laid back, I felt super comfortable. The interview didn't take long either. I got the job that day too which I didn't expect. I say just to be yourself.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Laid back. Honest. Realistic. You fit or you don't so be yourself. Previous restaurant experience preferred in kitchen or front of house. If you weren't successful at serving or cooking, maybe it's not for you. Training is a big part of the job. Frequent analysis of business metrics is required. Be ready to talk about this.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best fit for our company?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Very short a few questions . She hired me on the spot and I accepted the offer. It took a couple of days but they gave me my training schedule a week later

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's in November 2016.

Interview

I applied and was called the next day for an interview. The interview was really relaxed, asked a few questions about availability and experience. Talked about how the restaurant works. I was hired on the spot, really easy.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Moscow, ID).

Interview

Easy application (I believe it is online now), I was called within a few days and set up an interview with a manager. The manager was a mid level manager, he asked pretty basic questions. "Tell me about your work history." What would you if a guest was unhappy?" etc. I was called and hired the same day, and began training at the beginning of the next week.