Applebee's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2018

1.9

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's (Raleigh, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a interview at Applebees at 3pm. (Raleigh NC) When I got there the hiring manager was already interviewing someone else. Once it was my turn I answered a few questions. The manager was nice, laid back and very informational. I was offered the job on the spot.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Newnan, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume through Indeed. I was contacted by HR and did a brief phone interview. I then interviewed with the Regional President and did a job preview. Everyone was very professional and answered all questions I had.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation in the past?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easy and simple. Applied for the job with no initial application (other than a general personality assessment) and was called back within 3 hours. Called back 2 days later and had an interview 2 hours later. The interview lasted about an hour and was more concerned about logistics of the job.

Server Interview

Interview

The interview was relatively easy. I met with three different managers one on one and they asked basic interview questions like why do you want to work here and what was my favorite item on the menu.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Joliet, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Came in and sat down with the general manager, asked me 2 general personality questions then went into detail about the position and pay. Told me he liked my personality and told me when orientation was.

Interview Questions

• What 3 things would you change about yourself/need to work on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's (Linden, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

It was more of a conversation and the managers were very nice. Made the atmosphere comfy. Easy going interview. I was hired on the spot. They asked me if I'd be interested in starting out as a host.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's (Macon, GA).

Interview

I interviewed with HR through a phone interview first. they asked basic questions and talked about the salary.next I interviewed face to face with the area director. It was a pretty basic interview. She asks questions about myself based on my resume. Why I chose the company and my expectations. Next step was a job shadow in the restaurant. Then I had a phone interview with the regional director. He told me my expectations and asked me a few questions about myself.

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

the interview process was simple. i got a call from the general manager to come in for an interview. then the kitchen manager called me back a couple days later. then i got the job

Interview Questions

• what was your past work like?   1 Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New London, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's (New London, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

Very informal process, had about five tiers to it. Going from a phone interview twice, to an in person interview, then an interview with the general manager, followed by a restaurant visit.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if product was missing from the back room?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's (Midland, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview is a simple call in process. You're given a first interview where the hiring manager gives you simple teamwork questions. If they believe you could be a good employee, they tell you they'll call in the next couple of days for a second interview. On the second interview you receive more in-depth customer service questions. If they decide to move on with you after that they give a quick job description and go over hours, pay, and information of that sort.