Applebee's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applebee's Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.0

Cook Interview

Interview

It was simple questions they asked you but was nervous and the people were really friendly overall came out confident and told me they would give me a call back

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I applied online & got a call to come in a couple days later. The manager came and took me to a booth in the back & asked me questions based on my application & resume. She was very laid back and seemed very interested.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Howell, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Howell, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward they mostly were people who can work fast and or had experience. They do 3 interviews consisting of meeting the different managers with the final one being the GM who completes the hiring.

Interview Questions

• Favorite dish to cook at home.   1 Answer
    • The busiest day you have ever worked and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I made it clear I was looking for something good and was being somewhat picky in terms of what job I was going to accept and they started me off at 10.50 instead of 10.

Hostess/Carside to Go Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Omaha, NE) in October 2016.

Interview

I was told to go to Applebee's at 9:30. The next morning I came to Applebee's and waited for the manager to interview me. We then introduced ourselves. Gazelle and Kim (my manager and the kitchen staff) started going over everything I would need to know too qualify for the job.

Interview Questions

• How was being a shift manager at sonic?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Bedford, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Very simple and easy, she made me feel comfortable and asked common personality questions. She was very nice and also told me about herself she make me feel less nervous.

Interview Questions

• What's something that your current manager will tell me about you?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Westfield, MA).

Interview

Met with the manager at the time, was very structured. I was given a time and date etc. She was very polite and knowledgeable about what they were looking for in employees. I felt that i would fit in right away.

Server At Applebees Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

First server job asked aboit any customer service skills and why I wanted to work for the company yhe interview was very simple i got hired on the spot. The training took about a week i was serving tables on my eight day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the area director. Then I met the Area Director and another area director for a face to face interview one morning and following that I "worked through lunch" to observe. Then the third interview was with the Area Director and his boss.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be when you grow up? (I'm a professional, I've been working for over a decade and I hold a Masters Degree - this question was insulting)   1 Answer
    • How old are your kids? (He would not have asked a man the same question)   1 Answer

Because I didn't get a good impression from the 3 white men that I interviewed with that the brand valued diversity. I thought the higher the title the more loose they were with their sexism.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salina, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Salina, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

Went in for 1st interview, was then scheduled for 2nd interview with GM. Went for that interview, I thought it went well. Never heard anything back from anybody there and I even called and couldn't get any follow through from them.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to my team.
      Best quality, worst Quality?
      Experience?
      Answer Question

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The first interview was with the GM. The secon interview was with the district manager. Both interviewers were professional and helped feel at ease. After the interview, I had to pass a background check, which took two weeks to complete, and submit a sample for drug testing. The whole process took about three weeks

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Applebbe's?   1 Answer