Applebee's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applebee's Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Palmdale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with 17 people which was very overwhelming considering it was my first group interview. It was extremely difficult for everyone to answer the same question without copying one another. However, the manager was very nice and it was clear no experience was needed for the job. They wanted everyone to feel welcomed and that they had a chance.

Interview Questions

• Think of one dish, (literally anything, like your mom's meatloaf) and tell me about it and try and sell it to me.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Applebees?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Midland, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Three separate interviews with the different managers. The first was with the front of house manager. The second interview was with the back of house manager. The third was with the general manager who then asked me more intimidate questions about myself. The interview was quite standard, not too difficult.

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (State College, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process is quick and simple. They sit you down, look over your application and resume if you submitted one with it. Ask you a couple questions and then tell you about the restaurant

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience being a server?   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burleson, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Burleson, TX).

Interview

One on one immediate interview with General Manager after completing application. I walked in to apply, filled out thr application and when i went to turn it in, I was met by the General Manager for an immediate interview. I arrived during the 2-4pm hour, which is their down time, perfect gor applying. The interview seemed to be more of a personality interview than solely a work history focused interview. Very casual and comfortable with that particular General Manager, who was very personable. I believe he was promoted.

Interview Questions

• How would I react to a unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Front of House - Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Roseville, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

After applying I heard from the service manager. She was super pleasant, talked about my availability and set up an interview.
      I interviewed the next day. Management was very personable, asked pretty standard questions. At the end he told me he was hiring me, but I would have to meet with the GM because of policy.

Interview Questions

• If a customer approaches you with a problem that isn't your job how would you handle it.   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bossier City, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's (Bossier City, LA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, the young lady asked me my name, where I was from, did I have a car, was I working, when I was available, have I ever worked for their company, have I ever cooked for any company before and when could come in an fill out a application,

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Ruston, LA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and went in to check on application 2 days later. Was interviewed on the spot and filled out an in store application. Then the general manager told me I was hired and to show up the next day. Went in the next day and filled out new hire paperwork and began training on the computer.

Interview Questions

• Any previous experience in the restaurant industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleburne, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Cleburne, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was short and sweet, I applied on 08/01/2016 (two weeks before they started hiring) and was called Saturday 08/20/2016 for an interview on Tuesday 08/23/2016. The interview itself lasted maybe three minutes. We talked about me, her son, and the job orientation. I originally applied as a hostess but she said I'd make more money as a server because of my personality. I accepted the job offer. It was very conversational, my interviewer was awesome.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Altoona, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the District Manager. Very professional and positive. The company pays well for the industry. Very organized. The other managers seem generally happy to be there. Very high company standards with bonuses for excellent performance. The general manager and district manager were both with the company for 20 years-plus. The store I interviewed in seemed to be well-run.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evergreen Park, Cook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Evergreen Park, Cook, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online got called back in about 3 days. Went in for an interview for 4:30 arrived at 4:15 didn't get interviewed until 5:00, VERY unprofessional! The interviewer began having a conversation with a employee that was on break right in the middle of our interview! They even began gossiping about another employee and how they didn't care for her. The interviewer began yawning and looking off out the window during our interview, very disconnected, and uninterested, she only asked me my availabilty and to 'tell me about yourself' in which i responded telling her about my work history and my hobbies, she then said, she wasn't getting a vibe off of me and couldn't "pull anything from me", I'm not sure what she wanted to know....complete waste of my time, worst interview experience ever!