Applebee's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.0

Food Preparer - Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Roseville, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Creative Employment contacted Applebees's. Set up appointment. Arrived at Applebees's at scheduled appointment time. Met with the manager. I was asked questions about my experience. I replied telling manager about my training I received in school and my Skills Certificate received through my Career and Technical Education. I was asked about future goals and plans for employment. I was also asked about furthering my education to increase my skills in the culinary industry.

Interview Questions

• 1. What experience did I received from high school or other programs.
      2. How much experience do you have?
      3. What are your goals for future employment?
      1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neptune, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Neptune, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy, right now they're pretty much willing to hire anyone with a pulse. They're in desperate need of servers. It was a very casual setting. The management is very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Did you work at Applebees before   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed.com and received a call from the GM the next day and we setup an interview. The GM was quite thorough explaining Applebee's rules and processes. We discussed work hours and the GM explained the current situation in the kitchen - ie: turn-around and attitudes. The application indicates Applebee's 'may' do a background check or drug testing but they did neither.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my previous experience. Asked what my overall intentions such as how many hours could I handle and how long did I plan to work there since this is a second job for me.   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Lewiston, ID) in April 2016.

Interview

I was pretty much immediately hired. They have constant turnover, due to the terrible management, which leaves them desperate for employees. They hire anyone(no exaggeration) and provide mediocre training and follow up. good luck

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

I was really nervous because I've never worked in any sort of food industry. I wore slacks and a dress shirt with low, modest heels. I got there 15 minutes early, was seated at a table and told the manger would be right with me. The manger was really nice and light-hearted, asked very easy get-to-know-you questions. The entire thing was VERY conversational. She told me it was going well and wanted to grab the General Manager to talk to me. He came over and gave me his rules of the place, which were transportation, uniform, and attitude. He asked if I was on board, and of course I said YES, and he told me I was hired and orientation would be a week from today. So so so easy! Nothing to stress about!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What do you like to do?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked in a restaurant before?   1 Answer
    • What's your favorite dish at Applebee's?   1 Answer
    • What's your availability look like?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Lafayette, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was rather quick and easy. They asked the basic interview questions, and the hiring manager was very nice. It was a smooth interview, and I ended up being told that I'd get a call back for a second interview, but despite my calling back for more information, I never heard anything after that for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one time that you had to deal with an upset customer? What were they upset about, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Open Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

They conducted the interview as a group interview. Everyone got a name tag. Locked the doors at 9:00am sharp, as their previous communications said they would. After the group interview, a few were asked to stay and answer a couple of questions.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

My interview process was expedited, so I was flexible with their request to meet my needs. Got a call on a Sunday morning to meet with an Area Director at a location an hour away. We went over the job requirements, condition and performance of the location I was applying for and my management style. That night I did an online evaluation. 4 days later, I met with the VP of operations. We went over basically the same but in deeper details. I left town for a week and was offered the job when I returned.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with disgruntle employees?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I had 3 separate interviews, 2 were with managers and the 3rd was with our restaurant manager (all scheduled within a week). They were short interviews. Really relaxed and easy.

Interview Questions

• What wine goes well with red meat?   1 Answer

Server At Applebees Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple Terrace, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Temple Terrace, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was very laid back and easy. Typical interview questions that you can find online. They hire pretty much everyone. Just look up questions on google, there are so many that are universal for everyone. They basically want to know how you deal with certain situations. Be honest and ask lots of questions. bring a pin and paper, write everything but pay attention. Ask questions. It took about two weeks to start.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Applebee's?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with pressure?   1 Answer