Applebee's Line Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applebee's Line Cook Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Howell, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Howell, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward they mostly were people who can work fast and or had experience. They do 3 interviews consisting of meeting the different managers with the final one being the GM who completes the hiring.

Interview Questions

• Favorite dish to cook at home.   1 Answer
  • The busiest day you have ever worked and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I made it clear I was looking for something good and was being somewhat picky in terms of what job I was going to accept and they started me off at 10.50 instead of 10.

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Muncie, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was really weird. It was less of me being asked about myself, and more being told what I'd be doing on the job. It seemed great, since it seemed from the beginning I'd be getting hired. Considering they never got back to me after the second interview (after I called twice), it seemed very sketchy.

Interview Questions

• They mostly seemed concerned with my experience and ability to work well under pressure.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Lewiston, ID) in April 2016.

Interview

I was pretty much immediately hired. They have constant turnover, due to the terrible management, which leaves them desperate for employees. They hire anyone(no exaggeration) and provide mediocre training and follow up. good luck

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's in December 2015.

Interview

Very easy and stress free. Little bit of. Confusion with my second interview but was another manager's mistake. Both managers I interviewed with were extremely nice. Assessment was not as picky as I thought it would be. Overall a good experience

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about a recook?   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Was fairly easy. Asked the normAl questions, what have ya done before, what u doknow, and so on. It was a college town so my college scheduled was discusssed and my future schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Fountain, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was very professional. Began with questions of what I knew about thier bussniess and what I Knew about what I knew about the postion I applied for. Later talked about pay hours and avilability. Eduction and background in the field asked previous jobs questions. Ask how I handled. Stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• How I would prepair my favorite dish.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Wichita, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very easy. Just answered some basic employment history question and was offered a job within 5 mins. Very laid back but formal. Made me comfortable. Glad I got the chance to interview. It was like the job was just waiting for me.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's (Newark, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

There wasn't a actual interview at all. The whole process was very easy. I must have been lucky. I walked in and asked for a manager. Luckily no one was in the restaurant and the General manager was available. He asked me about myself, my prior cooking experience in a restaurant (which was zero) and ambitious in life and what I think Applebees could do to help. I was offered on the spot, not everyone's experience will be like mine

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Salem, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Very pleasant, and professional. Did not take me back to the kitchen but interviewed in a central location so I could see all around me. Since not working for so many years the Chef could under stand where I was coming from and was very interested. I'm waiting to get a call back..

Interview Questions

• How long did I think I would like to be with the company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Conyers, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Real simple. Sat me down at a table and asked me my schedule and work experience. Very basic interview. Understand interview guidelines and you will do just fine. Definitely good to have prior cooking experience and a flexible schedule. The general manager who hired me also always offered 50 cents less than you asked for (within minimum wage) so keep that in mind too. But don't ask to high because the salary cap there is $10.00/hr for cooks.

Interview Questions

• What other restaurant jobs have you held?   1 Answer