Applebee's Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Newnan, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume through Indeed. I was contacted by HR and did a brief phone interview. I then interviewed with the Regional President and did a job preview. Everyone was very professional and answered all questions I had.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation in the past?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Applebee's (Birmingham, AL) in November 2016.

Interview

It is a process that took me 2 months to do. You have 2 interviews at first followed by what they call an observation shift. Where you get to watch them work for 3 hours to see if that is what you want to do. All that is followed by 1 last meeting to discuss the money you are willing to take.

Interview Questions

• What I could bring to the table for the company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Stafford, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Filled out application and interviewed with general manager and back of the house manager During the interview they asked basic questions about who I was and why I wanted to work for the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Nashville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

I waited about 20 minutes before I was told the person I was to see hadn't come. They phoned him and he had forgotten. I was then asked to drive to another location to meet him an hour and a half later. Again, he wasn't there. I waited almost 15 minutes...was about leave and he showed. He did apologize but then was on a conference call for about 20 minutes, then couldn't find my information...that took another 10 minutes. We finally interviewed, but I was left feeling like it was very unorganized and they weren't serious about hiring. I decided to let communication drop.

Interview Questions

• There was a scripted book. Every answer I gave was marked with a 3. Not sure what that meant, but I have experience and felt like the majority of my answers were quite good.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

2- in person & 1 via skype.

Interview Questions

• What do you want out of Apple bee's?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. They made an offer. If you take it then you can start.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Applebee's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

face to face seriously very intense in your face great questions long speeches thats about all i got the job that day. started 5 days later trained for 6 weeks then they wanted to move me

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Montgomery, AL) in May 2013.

Interview

I went to several interviews and they were all professional and pleasant. I felt very comfortable and was very open with my answers. This is probably my favorite interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself progressing with this company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Derry, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's (Derry, NH) in January 2013.

Interview

Normal multiple interviews
    3 before offer and had to call to follow up on job, should spend more time on working for a different company. Applebees is filled with senior management that lacks the ability to perform their daily tasks and or cant complete what is expected of them. Spend the time trying to get a job for a better company!

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know baby sitting abilities   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Richmond, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

Standardized HR questions. If they like you, they'll hire you. If they don't, they'll say you didn't do so great on the personality quiz, which by the way, has no wrong answers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty standard. It was my first restaurant manager position, so I took what they offered, which at the time was pretty standard between the big competitors (Chili's, TGIF, Ruby, etc.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (San Francisco, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Had a 1:1 interview with the current managers, went pretty well. They asked all the typical questions (overcome obstacle etc).