Applebee's Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN | Glassdoor

2.0

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Front of House - Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Roseville, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

After applying I heard from the service manager. She was super pleasant, talked about my availability and set up an interview.
      I interviewed the next day. Management was very personable, asked pretty standard questions. At the end he told me he was hiring me, but I would have to meet with the GM because of policy.

Interview Questions

• If a customer approaches you with a problem that isn't your job how would you handle it.   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

Got a call and interviewed that same week. Met with the FOH manager and then the GM. Offered me the job the same day and started the next week. Of course had to being in proof of eligibility to work and wait 2 days max for paperwork to go through. Overall, it was a quick and easy process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation with a coworker and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Cambridge, MN).

Interview

Easy, interviewed with two managers at separate times. They asked standard, basic interview questions. They were professional, and made sure to plan enough time to get through everything necessary. Plus, they give you free beverages during the interview. It was a pretty casual interview, low pressure. If you have a good attitude, they'd probably hire you. The main goal with that company is to have attractive, cheerful people working in the front of house.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a host?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Apply online and go to the restaurant for the interview. Easy interview. Helps to get the job if you have serving experience and appear very friendly. Talk to your interviewer, who is a manager at the restaurant, as well as answer the questions he/she asks you.
    Process was quick and I heard back only 1 hour later.
    Being flexible with your hours will also help.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle working and going to school at the same time?   Answer Question

Hostess/Carside to Go Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inver Grove Heights, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Inver Grove Heights, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and was always told to call 2-3 days after applying because places very rarely look at applications. so I called 3 days later, talked to the general manager (no longer at this store) and he had me come in the next day for an interview. I arrived at 9:15 and left by 9:30. He just asked me where I worked before and when I could start working, got hired on the spot. came back the next day for orientation, was there for an hour signing papers and stuff. This guy seriously said to me "I can drug test you whenever I want, but I don't really want to. I don't care at all what you do on your own time, just don't come to work high" .....I thought it was a little unprofessional, but turns out he was a great guy & manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase...? They inform you what you will get paid and that's that...

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Roseville, MN).

Interview

I filled out a personality questionnaire and came back the next day to talk with the general manager. I was hired on the spot and made an appointment to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Base pay is 7.25 an hour with tip outs from the servers. (Servers are not required to tip you though.)

Carside to Go Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Shakopee, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process was easy and casual. This was my first real job so they mostly talked about the position and how I can be successful within it. It was only about 15 minutes long and they offered me the job right at the end. The manager asked very general questions and I was not nervous about it at all.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

Extensive interview process with multiple in-person interviews and personality tests. Actually quite an amusing experience since I've gotten many higher paying, higher benefit, and more difficult jobs with less hassle. They take the process very seriously for such an easy part-time job.

Interview Questions

• Is it okay to let your friends eat for free?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2012.

Interview

It was very basic. Turned in an application and was called in for an in-person interview soon after turning in the application. You also have to do a personality test the was about 70 questions and asked how you would handle each situation. However, you can score too high which would make you not a good fit. Therefore, just be honest in your responses.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fridley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Fridley, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

When I got a call from Applebee's to come in for an interview, I admit i was excited. The first interview was with the general (main) manager who was very distant and made almost no eye contact during the interview, he was mainly watching the front for guests to seat. He asked a few basic questions such as what positions I was interested in and what one I was the most interested in. I told him I be honored for either, yet preferred the server position. The interview was over in about 15 minutes. Next, I was called back for a second interview with the assistant manager. This interview was fairly long and involved, he asked questions like what was my favorite food on the menu, to explain why I liked it, and would how I would recommend it. Why I wanted to work for Applebee's, etc.. This manager was very serious and made almost 100% eye contact. Then he said the general manager wanted to place me as a hostess, yet he felt I was over qualified and thought the server position would be a better placement for me and that he would push for this. Then he said the main manager usually made his decisions based from his opinions (the assistant manager's). He said there was a 98% chance they were going to hire me, yet wanted me to have a 3rd interview.
    The 3rdinterview was with another manger. The interview seemed to have gone very good with him. He said they were leaning towards the hostess position. I said I'd be honored and that would be great. This interview lasted about 30 minutes, he had a good attitude and seemed happy. Then he said, " I look forward to working with you" and that I'd receive a call no later than 4:30 that day. The call never came. A day later, I called back and the second interviewer answered the phone and said he wanted to set me up for a 3rd, interview. I told him I had a 3rd interviewed the day before with the 3rd manager, yet would be happy to go back for another. He said "Oh no, we only interview a max of 3 times." He stated the day before they had a very long intensive manager's meeting and had hired 1 person for a server position. Yet he said he was unaware that I had already interviewed a 3rd time. Then he said he'd call me at 4:15 the next day and we'd go from there. I was told the next day that they decided to pass because the general manager "didn't feel I was gung-ho" enough about the hostess position, and that if it was up to him he would've hired me."

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received excellent customer service where you felt the employee went above & beyond your expectations?   1 Answer