Applebee's Restaurant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applebee's Restaurant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Laid back. Honest. Realistic. You fit or you don't so be yourself. Previous restaurant experience preferred in kitchen or front of house. If you weren't successful at serving or cooking, maybe it's not for you. Training is a big part of the job. Frequent analysis of business metrics is required. Be ready to talk about this.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best fit for our company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Roseville, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. I interviewed first wit the general manager. We discussed my qualifications, why I wanted to work at Applebee's, and the restaurant environment. I talked with the human resource department. I did a short phone interview and two long test online. Then met different day with regional manager. We had the same discussion as I did with the general manager. The interview was simple like any standard interview with behavioral based interview questions. I received an offer to train to become a manager but was a server.

Interview Questions

• how did you solve a conflict with an employee or issue in the business   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

First I received a phone call. That lasted 10 minutes. It was a basic fact check and why I wanted the job. Then I was lucky enough to have both people whom had to interview me available at one time. That was about half a hour. Basic questions included why did I want the job and what is the most important part of a successful restaurant.

Interview Questions

• What was my typical day like in a competitors restaurant?   1 Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Was contacted by email. Then set up for a phone interview. The phone interview was straight forward. Then afterwards I was given a date for a 1 on 1 interview. 3 days later I went in and spoke with a director. That night he called and offered the position to me.

Interview Questions

• Explain a stressful situation that you failed at.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My initial salary. Go in with a number. Stay firm with it.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's in August 2014.

Interview

3 different interviews. First one was over the phone, another one with the gm and the final one with the DM. Interview was pretty much standard. Long questions so you need to make sure you pay attention and answer the entire question. The interviewer is writing all your answers down bc they bring out 4 pages of questions with the GM and about 10 with the DM. The district manager said he would give a call next week but it was 2 days later. After that they while call you sign release forms for a background check and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel if a manager left your company for another one because of more money?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not a whole lot of negotiation. They ask what you are excepting and they go down from there.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's (Columbus, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

The Director and I had great conversation encumbrancin all facets of restaurant management. The interview was a lengthy two hours but end result was an offer telephone call. The interview seemed to follow a pattern, introductory resume breakdown, job description, situational occurrences and how to manage them, compensation negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

4 interveiws, followed by a q tip drug test by HR rep along with offer. They made me wait for each interveiw, it was like they wer testing my willingness to be there onger then agreed right from the get go.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's in March 2011.

Interview

Quick short to the point, what they don't tell you if how much of your life you will need to put in to get nothing out of it. Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Olathe, KS) in October 2010.

Interview

I was a promote from within so I already had a relationship with the area director that made my interview process easier. I mentioned to him that I liked working for the company and wanted to do it long term. He said that he was thinking about that as well and set up an interview for me within 5 days.

Negotiation

I was asked how much I was expecting and I told him I researched what managers start off at in that area and I expected at least that much. He said that he would get with HR and see what he could get done. I was offered what I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Orlando, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

The first thing you had to do was take an assesment test. This included math and personality test as well. Then if you passed that you had an interview with the VP of human resources. That interview was very very long 2 hours they ask a couple questions but mainly all about the company and they do not negoatiate salaries. Then you had a interview with the area director and an in store shadow.