Applebee's Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applebee's Server Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (New York, NY).

Interview

20 minute interview with the general manager, we sat down at a table, interview was pretty straight forward. Make sure to inquire about hiring during non-busy times in the restaurant.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Process took about a week. Was called in for interview. They were really nice and helpful when it came to everything. Very compliant with my schedule and super nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gloucester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Gloucester, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

interview with 3 different managers. GM was last to interview me. First was an assistant manager, and second was another assistant manager. All of them asked similar questions. Just getting to know the interviewee.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Fairly normal for the restaurant business, first one when good I had work for Applebee's before in another state. So I talked about my experience there. Contest I won. The general manager conducted the second interview. He went over what I should expect and we schedule my first training day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you and your experience with applebees   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salina, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Salina, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

Went in for 1st interview, was then scheduled for 2nd interview with GM. Went for that interview, I thought it went well. Never heard anything back from anybody there and I even called and couldn't get any follow through from them.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to my team.
      Best quality, worst Quality?
      Experience?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Midland, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Three separate interviews with the different managers. The first was with the front of house manager. The second interview was with the back of house manager. The third was with the general manager who then asked me more intimidate questions about myself. The interview was quite standard, not too difficult.

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (State College, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process is quick and simple. They sit you down, look over your application and resume if you submitted one with it. Ask you a couple questions and then tell you about the restaurant

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience being a server?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleburne, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Cleburne, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was short and sweet, I applied on 08/01/2016 (two weeks before they started hiring) and was called Saturday 08/20/2016 for an interview on Tuesday 08/23/2016. The interview itself lasted maybe three minutes. We talked about me, her son, and the job orientation. I originally applied as a hostess but she said I'd make more money as a server because of my personality. I accepted the job offer. It was very conversational, my interviewer was awesome.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Lexington, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

The process was very simple. I was called in for an interview the day after I sent in my application and was hardly asked any questions. Instead, the manager just explained the duties of the job and asked if I had any questions.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Detroit, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

I came in and met with the hiring manager. We sat down and briefly discussed my previous work history. It felt like a conversation really. He asked general interview questions, and we just talked about life.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where there was an upset customer. Explain how you diffused the situation.   Answer Question