Applebee's Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

1.8

153 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's in November 2016.

Interview

I applied and was called the next day for an interview. The interview was really relaxed, asked a few questions about availability and experience. Talked about how the restaurant works. I was hired on the spot, really easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salina, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Salina, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

Went in for 1st interview, was then scheduled for 2nd interview with GM. Went for that interview, I thought it went well. Never heard anything back from anybody there and I even called and couldn't get any follow through from them.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to my team.
      Best quality, worst Quality?
      Experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Midland, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Three separate interviews with the different managers. The first was with the front of house manager. The second interview was with the back of house manager. The third was with the general manager who then asked me more intimidate questions about myself. The interview was quite standard, not too difficult.

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (State College, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process is quick and simple. They sit you down, look over your application and resume if you submitted one with it. Ask you a couple questions and then tell you about the restaurant

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience being a server?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's (Las Cruces, NM) in September 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. Easy to get an interview , called and asked to set one up. Was hired on the spot and was told to go to a new employee meeting to get more information about the job. Also, needed an alcohol certification card.

Anonymous Employee in Cleburne, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Cleburne, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was short and sweet, I applied on 08/01/2016 (two weeks before they started hiring) and was called Saturday 08/20/2016 for an interview on Tuesday 08/23/2016. The interview itself lasted maybe three minutes. We talked about me, her son, and the job orientation. I originally applied as a hostess but she said I'd make more money as a server because of my personality. I accepted the job offer. It was very conversational, my interviewer was awesome.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Lexington, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

The process was very simple. I was called in for an interview the day after I sent in my application and was hardly asked any questions. Instead, the manager just explained the duties of the job and asked if I had any questions.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Detroit, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

I came in and met with the hiring manager. We sat down and briefly discussed my previous work history. It felt like a conversation really. He asked general interview questions, and we just talked about life.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where there was an upset customer. Explain how you diffused the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's (Rock Hill, SC).

Interview

Interview was filled with broken promises, a lot of false hope, and growth to bartender or better, The process was relaxed and comforting, offered me some thing to drink and do I eat at Applebee's often, what my favorite food's were. The manager that interviewed me was very pleasant. He didn't work there long; wish I would have worked with him more.

Interview Questions

• How were my customer skills   1 Answer

Negotiation

There truly wasn't a negotiation phase. I was hired on the spot and started the next day.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Talk with manager about problems faced in previous places of work, how I would handle customers, etc. After that, did not get a call back but they claimed they had emailed me an acceptance into a Host position (not server) when I went back in in person to check why I hadn't heard back

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult position you were put in in a previous job?   Answer Question