Applerouth Tutoring Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Applerouth Tutoring Services Interview Questions

Interviews at Applerouth Tutoring Services

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Applerouth Tutoring Services

Private Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applerouth Tutoring Services (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial screening phone call. Must score over 29 points on ACT or equivanlent on SAT to tutor. Then interview through Skype-like with 2 people. They quiz you on your teaching techniques and test you on a couple difficult math problems. Then they let you know what they decide a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, good hourly pay.

SAT Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applerouth Tutoring Services (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Had a one on one mock tutoring session online. Interviewer pretended to be a high school student studying for the SAT. Overall, it was very straight forward. The interviewer didn't give me too hard of a time but did throw in some loops/ difficulties. Interviewer was very bright and positive, which instilled confidence.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

SAT Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applerouth Tutoring Services (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

I sat down with the hiring professional and was asked a few questions about my experiences and how they might relate to teaching for the SAT and ACT. I had to prepare a presentation of something I knew how to do well and teach it to the interviewer. I also had to take a timed practice test to make sure I had knowledge enough to actually be able to teach the material. I was offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applerouth Tutoring Services (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Seamless, friendly interviewers. The basic set of questions. I have a feeling that this is a good company, but I am currently pursuing other interests. I would go back and tutor with them. Seemed like this company had a good culture.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applerouth Tutoring Services (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

When you enter the interview, you have two people that sit down with you. They give you a short quiz/test to see how you do and to see how well you can tutor them. They pretend to be high school students while you tutor them on a problem. You don't know if you got the answer right or wrong, but they tend to look more for how confident you are and how well you can explain things. I'd recommend picking up one of their books before the test so you already know a couple of the strategies going in.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you did while tutoring me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applerouth Tutoring Services (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Easy Interview, anyone who has past tutoring experience and has good SAT/ACT scores will make it.
    Tests and performs mock tutoring session while at interview. Gives mock SAT/ACT sections to do to make sure you're capable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Pay is quite low for the work.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applerouth Tutoring Services (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Screen to see what ones natural tutoring style is. Best to be yourself, or you may not be a natural fit for Applerouth style tutoring. Basically the idea is for the student to be guided into learning not just insturcted. If pass the first screening then, upper management will continue the process.

Interview Questions

• Can't really remember. The basic idea is they wanted to discover what I thought and did without leading onto what they were expecting out of a tutor. They pretended to be a student and asked me to be a tutor. Than evaluated me.   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applerouth Tutoring Services in July 2015.

Interview

There was only one round of interview during the whole process. It was done via a web portal, lasting about 90 minutes. There were 2 Interviewers, both very friendly. The whole process was very quick. From application submission to interview then to offer only took about 10 days.

Interview Questions

• Mock tutoring, one math, one verbal; why tutoring; why applerouth and other standard questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Applerouth Tutoring Services (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

General questions plus SAT quiz! I didn't do well on the math portion, but they let me know they would be watching for improvement during training - and everything turned out fine. You also have to complete a mini-lesson. Showing up on time is important, because professionalism is something they are strongly interested in.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to teach a mini-lesson.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applerouth Tutoring Services (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was very lengthy and consisted of some math and reading questions and a preview of how you would teach the material. A lot of steps are required to actually start earning the high salary they offer like extensive training, shadowing a current tutor, taking a full length SAT and ACT and scoring very high (higher than their requirements to apply), and pretend tutoring for an hour for a member of the company. Very big time commitment for part time work.