Applied Biosystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Applied Biosystems

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Biosystems (Newark, NJ) in January 2009.

Interview

Phone interview first with management and HR. Then dinner with HR and Management for formal interview (good dinner and bottle of wine!), Questions were technical, experience base, critical thinking, and customer service oriented questions. A backgroud check and a drug test to follow. From first communication to first day on job was about 3-4 weeks. On boarding experience in the first month was weak. Felt like I was just floating around but then I settled in to it quit quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Some room for negotiation. Start high...you can always go down but very difficult to go back up.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Biosystems (Foster City, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

First, I am interview for a scientist position. I have my degree in Ph.D. and 2 years post graduate experience. I posted my resume through company website. Received call from the HR. Pass the phone interview by the hiring manager. The onsite interview include 6 to 8 one on one interview, one group lunch interview and one presentation. It was beneficial to be a local candidate since the company do not need to pay for the travel. I enjoyed my interview process. People treated me nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The grade and the salary.

Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Biosystems (Foster City, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

I started as a temp, was offered a FT position, worked very hard and was promoted to the listed position.

Interview Questions

• Are you experienced in PCR?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, just happily accepted the offer.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applied Biosystems (Foster City, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

One on one interviews. I was asked to give a 30 minute presentation at the end of the interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is room to negotiate some.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Biosystems in February 2010.

Interview

Got a phone interview after applied on-line. Started with phone interview. It was relatively relaxed. Then on-site interviews with team leader and HR. Process seams a little slow but the person scheduling the interviews was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from our company that you have not gotten elsewhere?   1 Answer

Small Molecule MS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Biosystems in December 2008.

Interview

My experience with ABI was quite dissappointing. I was applying for a appliccations chemist position dealing with MS on small molecules (environmental, pharma, etc...). They found very interesting my profile and after some weeks they paid me a plane to go to Madrid to do the interview. When I was there they thought my profile was better for sales and offered me a position on Genomics Sales which is not my background.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready for a Genomics Sales position instead of Small Molecule MS application chemist?   Answer Question