Applied Materials Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview to discuss skills , questions on qualifications, training needs and strengths as well as how my past experiences with the potetial department have been and if I had further comments or questions

Interview Questions

• how I rate the success of my training   1 Answer

Order Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a "surprise" interview over the phone with the hiring manager approx. 20 days after I applied online (usually I expect a call or an email from HR or recruiter to schedule a time). Even though I was not totally prepared I believe I did well and went for the 2nd phase to visit the Austin office and to meet and interview with the team.
    A couple of weeks later, I had a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager and 3 different folks from the team. They were all nice, professional and receptive even though they were reading questions from a script. But I never heard back from the company after that day.
    There is nothing more frustrating for a candidate when they dedicate time and prepare to give their best and NEVER hear back from the company. Extremely unprofessional no matter how good or bad the interview was.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Contacted through college recruiting, interviewed on campus. Second rounds were a few weeks later after interviewing at other schools. Interviewing process was standard, mostly basic and behavioral questions first and then technical questions in second round.

Buyer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied on my university career portal and started to get e-mails. Then they set up the interview date after graduation. They flew us in and provided hotel accommodations and reimbursed us for food and taxi fares. They were hiring 4/8 candidates and interviewed us twice each, one by one. Still waiting to hear back from them, since it has not yet been two weeks.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers seemed to be asking the same questions over and over, just in different words.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

First Round - Phone Interview. Standard questions regarding resume and experiences. Special interest in ability to work with large data sets as well as visibility to csuite and vendor partners.

Secound Round - In person group interview. The firm DID NOT provide for travel expenses. The interview time was changed on the prior day. The expectation was a series of individual interviews. Instead it was a group interview including adjoining resources Finance etc. At the end of the second round I was asked to prepare a presentation at an appropriate management level for future presentation via Skype.

Following delivery via email of the presentation I have had no response from the firm.
    The presentation was never given via Skype etc.

Interview Questions

• Very difficult to provide answers which addressed all cross functional business groups.
      Reconsider the need to provide a future presentation, rather than perhaps using a timed exercise to "complete" the process in an extended session.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

The hiring manager left a voice message and asked to schedule a 1 hour phone interview. When I called to confirmed, I agreed to make it a face to face on a day when he was in town. One week later, I had the interview. It lasted one hour and we talked in the employee common room. It was large, so there was a sense of privacy. I did not see the work environment or offices. The other employees were dressed business casual. This position was to fill in for an employee who had been promoted or transferred to another department.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with consolidating major systems into one.   Answer Question