Applied Materials Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.8

Buyer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process is very simple. They first have a phone screen. Then they Invite you to visit their office. Treat you to lunch and give a brief description of the company and the role. Conduct the interview with two different employees related to your position. Interview is mostly behavioral.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview to discuss skills , questions on qualifications, training needs and strengths as well as how my past experiences with the potetial department have been and if I had further comments or questions

Interview Questions

• how I rate the success of my training   1 Answer

Order Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a "surprise" interview over the phone with the hiring manager approx. 20 days after I applied online (usually I expect a call or an email from HR or recruiter to schedule a time). Even though I was not totally prepared I believe I did well and went for the 2nd phase to visit the Austin office and to meet and interview with the team.
    A couple of weeks later, I had a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager and 3 different folks from the team. They were all nice, professional and receptive even though they were reading questions from a script. But I never heard back from the company after that day.
    There is nothing more frustrating for a candidate when they dedicate time and prepare to give their best and NEVER hear back from the company. Extremely unprofessional no matter how good or bad the interview was.

Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

You apply for an RFT position online, and whoever they tell the managers to interview, the interview. In all honesty, they already know who they're going to hire. There isn't really a good chance at landing an RFT job here unless you are on the NCG program, or someone mentions you. It's like a chain gang. One person moves up to mgmt, that manager brings his crew in. There is absolutely NO equal opportunity at this company.

Interview Questions

• They are mostly behavioral.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is generally no negotiation, as soon as you're hired, they throw you a laptop and basically start screaming at you.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Contacted through college recruiting, interviewed on campus. Second rounds were a few weeks later after interviewing at other schools. Interviewing process was standard, mostly basic and behavioral questions first and then technical questions in second round.

Buyer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied on my university career portal and started to get e-mails. Then they set up the interview date after graduation. They flew us in and provided hotel accommodations and reimbursed us for food and taxi fares. They were hiring 4/8 candidates and interviewed us twice each, one by one. Still waiting to hear back from them, since it has not yet been two weeks.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers seemed to be asking the same questions over and over, just in different words.   1 Answer

Engineering Tech III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I receive a phone called from a recruiter. They ask me was I interested in a position with Applied Materials, I said yes , Went in did some testing. After that I was ask to come back and interview with the Engineer Dept. They ask me several question on my job experiences. Tested me again. Pass all there test. They called me later that week for the drug test. Pass and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• (1) Have you ever build a wire harness?
      (2) What is your experience in electronics
      (3) Can you work extended hours
      1 Answer

Vendor Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

They asked me a lot about Oracle and SAP experience. They came back to my Oracle experience repeatedly. They had little interest in my university or academic experience, but they did cover it, at least as a formality. Very cordial people, straight to the point. They know what they need and want to know if you can provide that for them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any SAP experience? What about Oracle?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

First Round - Phone Interview. Standard questions regarding resume and experiences. Special interest in ability to work with large data sets as well as visibility to csuite and vendor partners.

Secound Round - In person group interview. The firm DID NOT provide for travel expenses. The interview time was changed on the prior day. The expectation was a series of individual interviews. Instead it was a group interview including adjoining resources Finance etc. At the end of the second round I was asked to prepare a presentation at an appropriate management level for future presentation via Skype.

Following delivery via email of the presentation I have had no response from the firm.
    The presentation was never given via Skype etc.

Interview Questions

• Very difficult to provide answers which addressed all cross functional business groups.
      Reconsider the need to provide a future presentation, rather than perhaps using a timed exercise to "complete" the process in an extended session.
      Answer Question

Final Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview was typical Set in the room with a few of the Corporate lackeys asked basic interview questions. Had some competency testing made sure that we were completely aware of how paperwork intensive the job was I was made aware of Intensive training required to actually become a part of the team. Ask basic trick questions to see if you were lying during your application. It's still a good ole boys system and if you know somebody you're most likely to get hired.

Interview Questions

• If your part comes in with the scratch on it during your inspection and fails inspection what are your required guidelines you must follow.   Answer Question