Applied Materials Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.8

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

The hiring manager left a voice message and asked to schedule a 1 hour phone interview. When I called to confirmed, I agreed to make it a face to face on a day when he was in town. One week later, I had the interview. It lasted one hour and we talked in the employee common room. It was large, so there was a sense of privacy. I did not see the work environment or offices. The other employees were dressed business casual. This position was to fill in for an employee who had been promoted or transferred to another department.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with consolidating major systems into one.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview to discuss skills , questions on qualifications, training needs and strengths as well as how my past experiences with the potetial department have been and if I had further comments or questions

Interview Questions

• how I rate the success of my training   1 Answer

Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

You apply for an RFT position online, and whoever they tell the managers to interview, the interview. In all honesty, they already know who they're going to hire. There isn't really a good chance at landing an RFT job here unless you are on the NCG program, or someone mentions you. It's like a chain gang. One person moves up to mgmt, that manager brings his crew in. There is absolutely NO equal opportunity at this company.

Interview Questions

• They are mostly behavioral.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is generally no negotiation, as soon as you're hired, they throw you a laptop and basically start screaming at you.

Administrative Work Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

It was a normal interview. It was one on one, and he asked the usual interview questions. It was easy but was so long ago, that I do not remember much about it. I was being hired as a contractor for a low level admin position so there wasn't much to the interview process.

Vendor Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

They asked me a lot about Oracle and SAP experience. They came back to my Oracle experience repeatedly. They had little interest in my university or academic experience, but they did cover it, at least as a formality. Very cordial people, straight to the point. They know what they need and want to know if you can provide that for them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any SAP experience? What about Oracle?   1 Answer

Final Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview was typical Set in the room with a few of the Corporate lackeys asked basic interview questions. Had some competency testing made sure that we were completely aware of how paperwork intensive the job was I was made aware of Intensive training required to actually become a part of the team. Ask basic trick questions to see if you were lying during your application. It's still a good ole boys system and if you know somebody you're most likely to get hired.

Interview Questions

• If your part comes in with the scratch on it during your inspection and fails inspection what are your required guidelines you must follow.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Contacted through college recruiting, interviewed on campus. Second rounds were a few weeks later after interviewing at other schools. Interviewing process was standard, mostly basic and behavioral questions first and then technical questions in second round.

Buyer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied on my university career portal and started to get e-mails. Then they set up the interview date after graduation. They flew us in and provided hotel accommodations and reimbursed us for food and taxi fares. They were hiring 4/8 candidates and interviewed us twice each, one by one. Still waiting to hear back from them, since it has not yet been two weeks.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers seemed to be asking the same questions over and over, just in different words.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

4 person panel interviewed separately. They made the offer after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever faced conflict with your team members while working on a project? And how did you got over it?   Answer Question

Production Control Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I know that the hiring process for full time employment is very detailed and usually a panel of managers and peers. As a contractor and a former employer, I did not have any interview with the company because they knew who I was and had my job history. Contractors are hired on via Adecco, whom I highly respect.