Applied Materials Customer Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applied Materials Customer Engineer Interview Questions

3.5

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Portland, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a very well done 3 part interview, you usually go through a hiring agency first, they do a brief interview and have you take an evaluation test, if you pass that phase you move on to a 15 minute interview with a senior engineer to introduce yourself and give them a brief overview of yourself and get a brief overview of the company, after that phase you move on to the longest interview which is about an hour and a half. You meet with 3 different groups and do a hands on test, communication evaluation, and job experience evaluation. Everyone was very friendly and professional. If you make it past all 3 successfully, then you're most likely a very good fit. They set it up very very well to test your skills and team player abilities. So far I HIGHLY recommend this company. It's an extremely friendly environment, with a TON of support from the leads. They genuinely want to help you and mold you into a strong asset.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with protocol? (LOTO, Safety Protocol's, etc.)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Applied Materials

Customer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview

Expect skills testing for electronics. Largely it is a behavioral interview. "tell me a time when...."

Interview Questions

• Expect anything. Answer honestly and to the best of your knowledge. Don't be afraid to say you do not know.   Answer Question

Customer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview

Easy interview. Expected questions.

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in March 2016.

Interview

Assumes responsibility for full customer satisfaction assuring excellent relations within assigned area. Demonstrates strong interest and knowledge of the customer’s business. Builds and maintains customer satisfaction through clear, consistent communication and the sharing of collective knowledge. Is consistently able to operate in high pressure or ambiguous situations. Solicits customer feedback. Understands the impact of various actions/decisions on the account. Is aware of potential dissatisfies and escalates as appropriate. Develops and executes corrective action plans.

Interview Questions

• 1.Why do you choose AMAT?   1 Answer
    • 2.Explain your hand-on experience before.   1 Answer
    • 3.What is your salary expectation.   1 Answer
    • 4.How do you deal with difficulties?   1 Answer

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a formal interview with a couple of potential supervisors. The first interview was intended to get know more of the interviewees with some self introduction and scenario problems. The atmosphere was quite formal, though the interviewers kept asking the interviewee to relax. Overall it was a good interview experience.

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)) in February 2013.

Interview

document review, oral English interview

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)) in May 2011.

Interview

4 people had joint to the interview, and not much on the work related question but more on who I am and what I have done so far. I would say it was more casual interview