Applied Materials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.9

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had two rounds, one with a team member for almost an hour and second round with the manager was a little below 30 minutes, both were technical rounds.

Interview Questions

• They asked a case study on data analytics, given certain data what kind of problems can be answered using the available data.   Answer Question

NCG Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Three separate interviewers each spent 45 minutes speaking with me. The interviews felt relaxed and more similar to conversations than to interrogations. Each interviewer seemed genuinely interested in my background and what sort of work environment would be the best fit for my career goals and interests.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you failed and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

New College Grad Program - Mechanical/Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Invited to onsite interview in Santa Clara. Networking session the night before interviews. I interviewed with 3 different people: Two were Mechanical Engineering managers and one was a previous Process Engineer. All the three were now in higher positions. All interviews were about 30 min each and back-to-back. Nothing very difficult. Mostly going off my resume, asked me some technical questions, asked what I knew about semi-conductors and etc.

Interview Questions

• They drew basic GD&T on a white board and asked me what it meant in an engineering drawing   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview to discuss skills , questions on qualifications, training needs and strengths as well as how my past experiences with the potetial department have been and if I had further comments or questions

Interview Questions

• how I rate the success of my training   1 Answer

Process Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Applied Materials in January 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an employee, and I was arranged a phone interview informed by email. The hiring manager was very nice and patient. The questions are basically behavior questions. The manager also shared his own experience, which made me more relaxed.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied randomly to few people working at Applied materials. I got these email ids on linkedin. Once i applied, within a week, I got a email from the business development team. The first interview was straightforward and by a member of business development team. I got reply very promptly the next day itself for setting up a time for second round. I was asked a slot of 45-60 min. But, in the second interview, the hiring manager called on phone and not on webex. The interview went only for 15 min. Very bad experience with the hiring manager in the second interview.

Robotics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview

1. Talked to hiring manager at the college career fair.

2. Was contacted by HR on the same day as the fair to schedule an interview for the following day.

3. In-person interview with the hiring manager for roughly 30 minutes.

4. Received an offer within a week.

Overall, very fast process and excellent experience with HR.

Order Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a "surprise" interview over the phone with the hiring manager approx. 20 days after I applied online (usually I expect a call or an email from HR or recruiter to schedule a time). Even though I was not totally prepared I believe I did well and went for the 2nd phase to visit the Austin office and to meet and interview with the team.
    A couple of weeks later, I had a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager and 3 different folks from the team. They were all nice, professional and receptive even though they were reading questions from a script. But I never heard back from the company after that day.
    There is nothing more frustrating for a candidate when they dedicate time and prepare to give their best and NEVER hear back from the company. Extremely unprofessional no matter how good or bad the interview was.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Two engineers, one was a design engineer the other was a plant engineer. They asked behavioral questions and asked questions regarding my school projects. The engineers gave information pertaining to the company and asked about my interests in regards to the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with an uncooperative teammate and how you handled it.   1 Answer

New Graduate Engineer/Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

- Usually every quarter, Applied Materials visit my university and I believe only two students were selected for the on-campus interview from Electrical Engineering Department.
    - I had an interview with System Engineer and the interview was not professional at all. He asked me few basic questions and didn't bother to see my resume.
    - Asked only one technical question and that too he searched online, I felt the interview went good and was expecting for an onsite interview, but he rejected me and the other person as well.
    - This is not an equal opportunity company if they are in a motive of not taking any students, then why are they even coming.
    - It was a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• - Where do you want to see yourself after 5 years ?
      - Which was the most challenging phase of your engineering ? (you can't even make sense out of what he is expecting from you)

TECHNICAL: