Applied Materials Mechanical Engineer III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applied Materials Mechanical Engineer III Interview Questions

Mechanical Engineer III Interview

Interview

Applied online. Got a call almost 2 months later. First phone interview was very amicable and basically questions on past work experience were asked. I was then invited for an onsite interview within a week. It was scheduled to be held a couple of weeks later based on everyone's availability.
The onsite experience consisted of interviews with 4 people back to back for half an hour each. The hiring manager, a team member, hiring manager's manager and the group VP were the 4 people. Each of them just asked questions about my experience on my resume to get to know me better to confirm that I fit the position. 2 of them asked some very simple technical questions involving fundamentals to analyze how I approach any given problem.
Was informed within a week about the final decision.

Negotiation

As usual, the recruiter/HR initially lowballed. The negotiation was smooth, though. And I pretty much got what I was expecting.

Other Interview Reviews for Applied Materials

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I had a whole day of 1:1 on-site interviews with many managers from different groups. Few days later another manager called me and interviewed me via phone. Got a verbal offer from him about a week later...
    the written offer just got in, I am very excited!

Interview Questions

• Describe a high pressure situation where your opinion conflicted with that of a colleague or a supervisor. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Applied Materials?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am not going to negotiate, the offer is very good as it is.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I received 1 st screening call from my current manager. He asked me if I was interested in this job posistion. I answered yes. In the next step, I had a conference call with people from our group. They asked my current skill and my previous background. In on-site intgerview, I met about 6 people.