Applied Materials Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applied Materials Process Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview

Resume referred by employee, phone interviewed, and invited on-site. Gave an hour-long research presentation and meet a few people for 30 minutes each. Interviewers were very nice and friendly. They were also open to answer my questions related to detailed job responsbilities and share their job experiences in their team.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions related to my research presentation, provide an example of a difficult problem that I came across and how I solved it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Applied Materials

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

They held a NCG program for new graduate student. The interviewees ranges from sophomore students to fresh PhDs. Talked to 6 managers in a room, each 15-20min. All interviewers are very nice. Just relaxed and talk.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First, there is a phone interview taking about 30 minutes. Then, I got an onsite interview opportunity through email, a couple of hours later. So, I went to the onsite interview two days later. During the onsite interview, I talked with three people, ~30 - 50min each.

Interview Questions

• Phone: questions about some equipment I have experience on, basic chemistry questions, behavior questions

Onsite: questions closely related to my research experience, behavior questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Campus recruiting, one round on campus, one round on site. Quick and easy. Mostly takes about your research and engineering experience. Good to have an internship to talk about entering the interview. On campus recruiting was a panel interview with 3 guys. Then one on one with hiring manager and then a director. Nothing out of the blue, very straight forward. Salary negotiable, should take advantage of it.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by someone in Applied Materaisl, resume screening by a recruiter, and then phone-interview scheduled within a week with a manager. But, no onsite interview invited. But, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What was your role as a TA in Microfabrication class?
      What did you use to wet-etch Al?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

30 min phone interview, asked some typical questions such as research experience, why choose Applied Materials. On site interview 2 weeks later. That consisted of 8 one-on-one interviews, including a 45 min to 1 hour presentation about my current research. Questions from all those sessions were mostly technical, great discussions on why I chose to take a certain pathway, why my analysis technique revealed certain trends etc.

Interview Questions

• How did you confirm defect sites on the self assembled monolayer you deposited?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Went through my resume primarily. I was scheduled to speak with 5 people, however, one of them flaked. They seemed extremely busy and stressed while interviewing me as though they had a lot on their mind. It was my first real interview so I wasn't fully prepared but otherwise it should not be too hard to get a job here.

Interview Questions

• Explain electron beam evaporation
      Explain x-ray diffraction
      resume   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

There was one phone interview. Questions about the education background and PhD experience. The manage also spent 1/3 of the time to explain the daily work over there. 1 onsite interview in 2 weeks. Met 7 people including division manager, group managers, engineers and HR people. Questions are more related hands on experience.

Interview Questions

• What will you do differently if you do your Phd one more time   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

My interview with a Process Engineer position in Applied Materials starts at 9am with six individual meeting with different group members. I was asked to give an presentation about my past work afterwards. In the afternoon I met the senior director of that group. Overall they were nice, though in the end I did not get the offer.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview

Process took 20 days after application. The contact was first through phone screening process and then a phone interview to see if you match their position/group. Then a call and an email to confirm a meeting time that requires a 30 minute presentation, and 30 minute interview with 5 people all at once.