Applied Materials Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

96 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Product Support Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I was contacted for a TPS Engineer III by an employee via e-mail. I had one interview with a 30 minute presentation regarding my thesis. Second interviewer came along and asked questions and then took me to another room (as the room we were in had a meeting scheduled), and we spoke for another hour. Before the end of the conversation, I was asked when I'd be able to start. After a month, I got an e-mail/voicemail for a 2nd round interview with the Managing Director of the Metal Deposition Group. Only 1 day advance notice. This individual was outright rude and condescending. No personal skills whatsoever and he'd stare at you in such that it was uncomfortable at times. After that "interview", the original personnel then had me wait 1 hour so that he could other people (who were informed to me beforehand) interview me. After 2nd round of interviews, I got a rejection e-mail. I find that not only was your interview process extremely uncoordinated and unprofessional, but you had called me 2X onsite (58 miles one way from home) and then you sent a rejection e-mail. Maybe you should screen your potential candidates better before sending out e-mails for job opportunities; or better yet, not call the candidate for a 2nd round if he/she is going to be rejected in the end.

Materials Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

No HR round , 1 hr technical interview by materials project manager.
    Deep technical questions (purchasing), situation based.
    Told me to have second round within same week but It has been 3 months, no response from their side. (Unprofessional)

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager for a first tech round. It was basic string and array problems. At the end of the phone call I was told they would like to fly me for an onsite . During my onsite I had 4 interviews with developers from different teams. All of them were well experienced and had a sound knowldege on c/c++. I was mostly tested on c and c++. I was tested on algo problems and writing test cases. It was a good experience altogether

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

For my first interview, I had a phone call to express my interest. Then, I had an hour long interview with the hiring manager (who was also my manager as an intern) and one of is colleagues. They asked questions about my interests and experiences with analytics. Nothing too specific - mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on big data? Where is the future in AI? If you had a problem and had a set of data, how would you solve it? Give an example.   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Interview process involved meeting the whole team such as the project leader, engineers, and director of the team. It was an interview that included being interviewed by approx. 6 people.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to have a candidate that could critically think and solve problems. The hiring manager asked a question prior to the interview and wanted to hear your answer to assess how you thought.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They contacted me have a phone interview with me and set an onsite interview for me next week. I interviewed with 5 different people. All went well and they told me I am the number one candidate and they will let me know by the week after. They never gave me an answer and never answered any of my followup emails. And I thought you wasted your time and mine for one day and did not even care to just sent a one line rejection email? really?!!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain how do I design a dashboard and bunch of other straight forward question.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had two rounds, one with a team member for almost an hour and second round with the manager was a little below 30 minutes, both were technical rounds.

Interview Questions

• They asked a case study on data analytics, given certain data what kind of problems can be answered using the available data.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Process is systematic. First there was a phone screening where you are asked to write a code on coderpad and then 4 rounds of onsite. All were on data structures and algorithms, basics of C

NCG Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Three separate interviewers each spent 45 minutes speaking with me. The interviews felt relaxed and more similar to conversations than to interrogations. Each interviewer seemed genuinely interested in my background and what sort of work environment would be the best fit for my career goals and interests.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you failed and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

New College Grad Program - Mechanical/Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Invited to onsite interview in Santa Clara. Networking session the night before interviews. I interviewed with 3 different people: Two were Mechanical Engineering managers and one was a previous Process Engineer. All the three were now in higher positions. All interviews were about 30 min each and back-to-back. Nothing very difficult. Mostly going off my resume, asked me some technical questions, asked what I knew about semi-conductors and etc.

Interview Questions

• They drew basic GD&T on a white board and asked me what it meant in an engineering drawing   Answer Question