Applied Materials Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

2.9

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Interview process involved meeting the whole team such as the project leader, engineers, and director of the team. It was an interview that included being interviewed by approx. 6 people.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to have a candidate that could critically think and solve problems. The hiring manager asked a question prior to the interview and wanted to hear your answer to assess how you thought.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They contacted me have a phone interview with me and set an onsite interview for me next week. I interviewed with 5 different people. All went well and they told me I am the number one candidate and they will let me know by the week after. They never gave me an answer and never answered any of my followup emails. And I thought you wasted your time and mine for one day and did not even care to just sent a one line rejection email? really?!!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain how do I design a dashboard and bunch of other straight forward question.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had two rounds, one with a team member for almost an hour and second round with the manager was a little below 30 minutes, both were technical rounds.

Interview Questions

• They asked a case study on data analytics, given certain data what kind of problems can be answered using the available data.   Answer Question

NCG Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Three separate interviewers each spent 45 minutes speaking with me. The interviews felt relaxed and more similar to conversations than to interrogations. Each interviewer seemed genuinely interested in my background and what sort of work environment would be the best fit for my career goals and interests.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you failed and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied randomly to few people working at Applied materials. I got these email ids on linkedin. Once i applied, within a week, I got a email from the business development team. The first interview was straightforward and by a member of business development team. I got reply very promptly the next day itself for setting up a time for second round. I was asked a slot of 45-60 min. But, in the second interview, the hiring manager called on phone and not on webex. The interview went only for 15 min. Very bad experience with the hiring manager in the second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

First got a 20 minutes phone interview from the hire manager. Questions like introduce yourself and tell me about your research were asked. A few days later got the on-site interview invitation. The on-site interview took one day and I was interviewed by several people. Besides general questions like tell me about yourself and your research, they also asked the most challenging project I did before. I then got the offer by phone from the hire manager after a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen asked resume questions. The hiring manager invited me on site at the end of the phone screen. During the on-site, I gave a presentation on my thesis research in the morning and then met with 7 different engineers in the group.They mostly asked me questions about my research and how I would modify various parameters if I were to design a new process based on my research. There were also basic chemistry questions, basic physics and materials science questions, and other random brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Applied Materials instead of our competitors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

There were two phone interviews. Within two weeks of those interviews, I got a call for an on-site interview. I was interviewed by 8 people within the same group (ranging from peers to senior managers to group manager). The interviewers were very nice and accommodating and asked questions to see how one approaches a problem. Basically they will try to see if you are able to connect the dots in any given scenario.

Global Product Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was asked to come for an onsite interview in Sunnyvale. They asked pretty basic behavioral questions with nothing technical. Groups of three people interviewing at a time with a rotation approximately every 45 min for a about three hours. It was an overall positive interview experience.

New College Grad Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Six rounds of interviews, each one lasted around 30 minutes, took place at a hotel nearby. Each interview included both technical and behavioral questions, and the technical questions were quite difficult.