Applied Medical Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applied Medical Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Applied Medical

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through university and got an email within 2 months. Talked to an engineer for about 45 minutes about various projects and professional experience on my resume. He asked pretty standard questions and I was able to prepare pretty well for them just by going over my resume and learning points.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Applied Medical

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Applied Medical in January 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a campus career fair and was contacted later for a phone screening. Several days after the phone screening, I received a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was the next week and was very brief. I never heard back from the company after the phone interview.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview and then panel style interview with managers from various departments. Questions were pretty straightforward; strengths, weaknesses, past experiences. No curveballs.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Lake Forest, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied through an alumni from school who now works in Applied Medical & also online application. HR was really prompt (usually one day after) in letting me know the results after each interview round. Had 5 rounds of interviews in total:

i) HR Phone Screening

ii) Phone Interview with Engineers

iii) Webcam Interview with Hiring Manager + Engineers

iv) Webcam Interview with Hiring Manager + Senior Engineer (Confirmation interview since I am an out-of-state candidate)

v) On-site interview with hiring managers + facility tour

Although it was not required, I prepared a portfolio which summarized all the projects I have done in (school/internship) and showed it to the interviewing panel. I did ask whether the panel would love to see it & they did. The interview was interactive and I addressed the concerns & questions along the way. Make sure you prepare very well on the projects you have listed in your resume and technical skills related to the position you applied or your major.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

The interview process was actually pretty annoying. They insisted on doing a preliminary 1on1 phone screening, a second phone interview with a manager, and then an in-person interview. I showed up an hour early to my in person interview in order to get a tour of the facilities from the team interviewing me. What made me mad was that right before I walked into the interview, the team member (on the team I was interviewing for) told me that there was going to be around 8-10 people present. 10 seconds later I walked into a totally full conference room. It wasn't a problem for me, but that's really inconsiderate of them. If they expect to have that many people interviewing a candidate I would expect to know in advance, especially since I arrived a full hour early. The actual interview was stupid and did not clear up anything I had not already written on the interviews. I showed my portfolio in person and management kept asking the same questions, despite being given very clear answers. I did get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with CAD   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

I applied online and was reached for a phone interview by a current engineer. At no time was I in contact with a HR person of any sort, which I found surprising. The phone interview was pretty standard. Typically questions about background and past experiences as well as some questions about relevant topics. After the phone interview, I was invited for an onsite interview a few days later.

The onsite portion begins with a tour around Applied Medical's facilities. The tour is nice, but I noticed that every building had a low energy, dull vibe. Though the facilities are huge, I didn't notice many people walking around, having meetings, talking etc.

The panel interview itself was weird. It felt very tense. One person would ask a question, I would answer, and then an awkward silence until someone else asked another question. It was hard to have meaningful conversation and in the end I don't think they really got to know me or vice versa. I also thought the questions themselves were unusual. They would ask very specific questions about minor details in a very aggressive, accusatory way. It felt borderline disrespectful. It was like one big intimidation tactic and definitely stands out compared to past interview experiences I've had.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe what specific changes you made in each iteration?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

Was asked to do two HR interviews before doing a multi-person interview with engineers from one department. HR interviews were pretty standard, but the engineering interview was more technical specific to my resume. Make sure you can back up everything that you say with a real-life example.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Tempe, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

Only a phone interview containing behaviour questions and details of your projrects in resume. Nearly no technical question at all.Your suervisor will give you an interview directly. What ability you can contribute to our team? Strength and weakness? 5 years goal. Also talk about your hobbies and favorite courses. I think they conider a lot about the GPA.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiage at all. It was so great!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I received a call because I was recommended by an employee

The interview was the most unprofessional I have ever had. 7 people or so from their various groups It told me a lot about the company. The questions were very surface related. Nothing that made you think. About half way through the interview, the vice president or some other title came in and apologized that he was in a meeting, but he was reeking of cigarette smoke. Unless they have meetings in the smoking lounge, I doubt that was true.

Again, unprofessional, the offer amount made me think I was a manager at McDonalds, not a bachelors degree engineer with experience.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I was interviewd by a group, asked about previous experience, asked for samples and how I would handle certain situations

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to go far and beyond to get the project completed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much negotiation, they matched my last check