Applied Medical Product Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applied Medical Product Development Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Applied Medical

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Panel interviews of 3 to 5 people, mostly VP's and Project Managers. Discussion of 3d modeling and project portfolios.

Insufficient salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Applied Medical

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

Initial phone interview. And then formal panel interview. Basic questions regarding past work /projects and industry experience.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Medical in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was fairly basic, started out with a brief summary of myself. Most of the questions were related to items on my resume, what challenges I encountered with prior employers, how I met those challenges and so on. No real curveballs or unexpected questions. There was a panel of interviewers who all asked questions in turn, but they didn't break from the standard formula of asking questions about my resume. It was actually quite awkward at times, it didn't seem like the interviewers had any other questions prepared that were unique to the company.

Interview Questions

• Honestly none of the questions in this interview were relatively difficult or unexpected, as I mentioned, all the questions were related to items on my resume, which I was given a copy of prior to beginning the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back within a week. Came in and was interviewed by a group of managers. Standard HR questions and very few technical questions, basically read through my resume. Lasted about 30 minutes then was given a tour of the facilities.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Medical in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and two days later I received a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was one on one. After that they set up a video interview with the video through my laptop and the audio on my phone. For this, there was a panel of engineers in the room along with the person who conducted my phone interview. The next step was to fly me out to L.A. for another interview and to see the sight. Unfortunately, I was leaving for Europe. They told me to contact them when I got back (2 months later). Upon return they asked to do the video interview again. After that, they said that they didn't currently have any projects that fit my skill set currently and to keep applying later.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic questions such as:
      (Related to a project I was talking about) How did I go about making major changes to my project?
      Did I have any complications and how did I resolve them?
      Did I have any conflicts with group members and how was it resolved?
      What kind of tools did I use in my projects?
      Why did I pick one design over another?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process is very time consuming. I had to go through 5 different phases, with 2-3 weeks between each phase. First was the online application and HR would get back asking for a 500 word essay about my skills. A couple weeks later was a pre-screening phone interview. It took them a couple of weeks to set up the next phone interview with Engineering Director, which was a bit more detailed in terms of skills and knowledge. Afterwards an interview via webcam also very detailed in terms of skills and previous work experience, and lastly an in-person interview where they give you a tour of the company and then the interview with a few engineering team members.

Overall process was very straightforward and everyone will tell you you are doing great and you are the strongest candidate. At the end of the day they didn't offer me the job, which seemed like a waste of time since everything took around 4 months to complete.

Interview Questions

• Everything will be based off your essay and application. They will want you to showcase your previous work, so having a portfolio is very handy, I really recommend putting one together.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online , then received a call from the hiring manager for a 15 - 20 mins phone interview. We went over my resume and behavioral questions.
    I was invited for a panel interview where i met 7 different people at once for an hour . The staff is young and they were very friendly. After two weeks they emailed me saying That they wont continue the hiring process with me . I did really good but i think it wasn't meant for me. great experience tho . Oh and the hiring manager took me on a short tour
     inside their buildings and i was honestly impressed.

Interview Questions

• for both phone & panel interviews

- make sure you understand your resume and be able to give examples.
      - have a list of your design projects and make sure you go over them and make sure to mention them.
      - introduce yourself
      - give me a situation that you solved ?
      - example of a difficulty at work ?
      -why applied medical ?
      - why the medical field ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Medical (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was an interview with 3 people over the phone, 4 over video interview. For the third interview I was flown out to Rancho Santa Margarita, I was given a tour and then there was an hour long interview. The interview was easy, no technical questions they pretty much go over your resume line by line.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with the development process?   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

I applied and heard back one week later. Interview was casual. It seems like they were pulling from a list of preset questions as they did not engage in conversation or follow any sort of natural flow.

Interview Questions

• Describe your projects in technical detail and what your role was for each project.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Medical in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within two days to set up a phone interview. The call was with two engineering managers, and I was generally asked about items on my resume and previous engineering experience.