Applied Micro Circuits Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applied Micro Circuits Interview Questions

2.9

Senior Manager of Demand Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits (Livermore, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very positive. Hiring manager and HR Director very friendly and enthusiastic. The whole process for me took about 2 weeks. Started with phone screens, then a day in the office with interviews throughout the day (some 1-on-1 and some panel). All easy-going people. They took me to lunch. I had done my research on the company so I had a very good idea of the job and requirements

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated with the HR Director and hiring VP. They were both open to negotiating all aspects of the compensation package

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Questions asked on computer architecture - virtual memory, TLB, cache, memory management unit, virtual to physical address mapping, page table, asked to calculate the size of TLB when size of cache is given.
    Asked to write a C code using subroutines.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with the manager. Just a quick confirmation on availability and past experience.
    Onsite interview - consisted of 6 people. 2 managers, 3 engineers, and hr.

It was weird being interview by a board designer since I was applying for an AE job.

Interview Questions

• Design a power supply filter with suppression for 200MHz.   1 Answer
    • Explain the initialization sequence of PCIE   1 Answer
    • What mathematical method to determine the maximum/minimum point of an arbitrary waveform   1 Answer

Got another offer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits (San Jose, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

It went very very smooth

Interview Questions

• What do you hate about this job   1 Answer

The place was too crowded and damp

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Phone interview was quite brief (about 10~15min). They asked about my background and recent work, no technical questions. In a few days, they asked me to come for an onsite interview. Questions were not tough, fairly reasonable undergraduate level. I thought I did not bad, but it turned out that I should have been perfect, 'cause the questions were easy. Questions were quite fundamental things, so any missed answer might make them think I am on the shallow basis without through fundamentals.

Interview Questions

• FIFO questions; how do you calculate enough FIFO size when the input rate is N, and the output rate is M.   1 Answer
    • which is hard to fix -- setup violation or hold violation? And why?   3 Answers

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Multiple interviewers but they mostly asked all the same questions. The standard seemed ot be part technical knowledge & I prepped by studying their product line, but they didn't ask much in that area. The rest was process & personality. Fortunately, everyone I spoke to was pretty reasonable & felt I breezed through this area. By was of reference, byt the time I was called in, my impression was the job was mine unless I screwed up the interview or didn't get along with one of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Who was your most difficult colleague or manager & how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Here is what we're paying. We believe it is competitive (& it was).

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits (Pune (Brazil)) in September 2016.

Interview

first senior managment given the presentation and position for which they were hiring than 2 technical rounds mainly on c programming skill ,Data structure,project,linux. The interviewer were very helpful and polite.They were not sitting for rejecting candidate. Good company to start with.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

1. 2 round of technical telephonic interview.
    2. F2F technical interview by more than 3 people.
    3. Based on feedback by all people in interview, we get some ranking and they will decide.
    4. HR round is just for attitude testing.

Interview Questions

• Linux kernel internals, Processor Architectures, C programming, domain specific questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits (Pune (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Detailed interview and quick results. Interviewer scheduled interview after initial phone discussion and emails. Very prompt and punctual start. Interview process was very smooth. Discussed about career interests and project experience. Discussed one project in detail and questions based on the project. Interview lasted for one hour. Discussed possible project work at the company and how I would fit into the team structure. Was given detailed campus tour except some labs which were shown later during the internship. Was offered the interview and accepted the offer. Interview was a good learning process. Also internship was very good.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits (Pune (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

First round would be telephonic and then face-to-face with technical team about 4 rounds in a single day. Mostly asked Linux/OS internals, C, drivers and resume. Once face-to-face cleared there is a managerial round followed by HR about notice period and compensation.