Applied Predictive Technologies Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applied Predictive Technologies Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Predictive Technologies (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, first-round interview with 2 cases, second round with 4 cases. For the most part everyone was really nice and smart. I had one interviewer who was unprepared/disinterested. I also heard someone talking about me behind my back which was unfortunate. It was hard to get an impression of what the BAs actually did on a day-to-day basis - I asked all my interviewers that and nobody gave me a detailed response. My impressions of company: Pros - great pay, very smart people (or at least they went to great schools), casual dress code, lots of upward mobility, growing, good business model: Cons - Arlington isn't ideal, no office spaces for BAs, nerdy, job is essentially software support, questionable exit opportunities.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Applied Predictive Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Predictive Technologies (Washington, DC) in March 2009.

Interview

After reviewing my resume, cover letter, and transcript, I was scheduled for a first-round interview. The first 10-20 minutes were devoted to my cover letter and resume. This is your chance to be personable and show your uniqueness.

We finished with another 10-20 minutes on a case on the size of the WIMAX market in Boston. I was asked to estimate the revenue a company could gain by installing WIMAX towers. You have to think about the size of Boston, substitutes to WIMAX (like smartphones with dataplans, Wifi, etc.), and the price people would be willing to pay.

Interview Questions

• What is the yearly revenue of a WIMAX operator in Boston?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applied Predictive Technologies in October 2010.

Interview

Got a phone interview. First question is why APT? Then moved straight to case question. I was asked to estimate the company value of WaMu right before it went bankrupt. The interviewer was very helpful and guide me along the way. He was satisfied with my results and I asked good questions which made him happy and as a result I was invited for a 2nd round phone interview.

Few days later, it's back to back case. The first one is about estimating facebook's company value. and the second is to estimate the value of Apple's Superbowl commercial. (is it worth it or not)

Didn't get the offer but the interviewer offered to give feedback which is very nice of them to do that. Overall, it's a great interviewing experience and the case questions are interesting