Applied Predictive Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

3.4

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Predictive Technologies (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had 45 minute phone interviews (20 minutes of behavioral questions, then 25 minutes for technical/case questions) before receiving an on-site invitation. Once there, I had four 45-minute interviews that pretty much followed the same format. Topics ranged from testing popular websites to specific product features to statistical tools. Received helpful feedback on things I could improve on, and usually heard within a day or two whether not I would move on to the next round.

Interview Questions

• General theme - if you want to test a feature/tool, what kind of datasets/inputs would you run through the system, and what would you expect to see?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applied Predictive Technologies (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position over both the APT website and my campus careers homepage. I received an invitation for a preliminary interview on campus the next day. The 45 minute interview consisted of 10 minutes of resume-based questions, a 30 minute technical question (evaluating the functionality of a website), and a brief Q&A session with the interviewer. The next day, I received an invitation for an on-site interview. The on-site interview process was similar to the preliminary interview - only there were four 45-minute interviews in one day with a break for an informal lunch with employees. The technical questions ranged from website evaluation to market sizing, and were fair, but challenging. Within two days, I received a call saying I wouldn't get an offer. Ultimately a disappointing result, but the APT employees were very friendly throughout, and the entire interview process was very organized and streamlined. Definitely the quickest interview process I have been a part of.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Predictive Technologies (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, first-round interview with 2 cases, second round with 4 cases. For the most part everyone was really nice and smart. I had one interviewer who was unprepared/disinterested. I also heard someone talking about me behind my back which was unfortunate. It was hard to get an impression of what the BAs actually did on a day-to-day basis - I asked all my interviewers that and nobody gave me a detailed response. My impressions of company: Pros - great pay, very smart people (or at least they went to great schools), casual dress code, lots of upward mobility, growing, good business model: Cons - Arlington isn't ideal, no office spaces for BAs, nerdy, job is essentially software support, questionable exit opportunities.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Applied Predictive Technologies (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Multiple Rounds - Phone Screen Followed by Two Rounds of On-site Interviews

Phone screen was done by the recruiter
    1st round consisted of two 45 min interviews. Each interview had a case and a behavioral component
    2nd round consisted of 5 or 6 interviews over a 4.5 hr time frame. Of the 6 interviews, one was a coffee chat with a peer and another was a s/w demo. Remaining four were a combination of case and behavioral interviews. Personally, I found the 4.5 hr interview to be very tiring ... make sure you rest well the day before and take a few min break in between the interviews if possible

Cases were a combination of quantitative and qualitative questions ... I liked all the folks who I interviewed with. I found them to be very passionate and very smart

The hiring manager was very good and response all along the process

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I didn't get selected by McKinsey at my business school (I probably shot myself in the foot by revealing that information). Either ways, it was very tricky (and honestly odd) to answer the question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Applied Predictive Technologies.

Interview

Had a 45 minute phone screen/technical interview with a software engineer at APT. I was asked to implement a pretty simple version control API, but I think I didn't give an optimal solution quickly enough. Received a rejection email within a few days

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applied Predictive Technologies (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

If I were to break it down into three sections...
    They first asked me about my resume and technical experience.
    Then they asked me a series of questions about my ambitions and why I chose APT.
    They will then ask you technical scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference among a router, switch and hub.   Answer Question
    • What is DHCP stand for and its function? What is RAID? What is DNS?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Predictive Technologies.

Interview

Talked with an Engineer at the career fair at my school. They directed me to apply online, so I did. I was contacted by email to sign up for an interview slot (on-campus).

Interview Questions

• Write a function to output whether the given binary tree is a "mirror tree" or not.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Predictive Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

3 case interviews, 1 "practical exercise" and one "writing exercise." Case interviews were pretty standard consulting case interviews. Practical exercise was to assemble a deck with some info they give you and writing exercise was to write an email.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Predictive Technologies (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online through my university portal—APT recruits at my school. First round interview was about 40 minutes, including a 25 minute case. Was notified via email that I was invited to DC for a second round interview, and interviewed along with some of my classmates in the Arlington office. Overall very positive experience, and APT really tries to get you to get to know the company through the interview process.

Business Analyst Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Predictive Technologies (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Process involved a 45 min on-campus interview followed by a final day at the firm with more interviews and a panel to answer questions. All were cases with a short behavioral aspect beforehand. The interviews are pretty quant-heavy but other than that they just want to get to know how you think.