Apptricity Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apptricity Inc. Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.1

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview, online assignment, onsite. People are friendly. Questions are related to database, sql, multi-threading and some web technology. The whole interview took an afternoon at Irving. I then meet with team lead and vice president. The vice president was nice and show me around. Not a bad experience at all.

Director of Infrastructure Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apptricity Inc. in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for Dir of Infrastructure but once in the interview realized it was really for a Dir of Compliance. Reading back over the job description the requirement to know PCI was there but the job was more than gathering evidence and remediation of the environment to meet PCI requirements; which a Dir of Infra would do. Got the sense that the interviewer was looking for someone to come in and set up the PCI-DSS compliance program and not really looking for a knowledgeable infrastructure resource. PM was also an interviewer and asked about ITIL, which I’m certified, and he proceeded to express how they are not functioning under a framework but look to maybe adopting one. Which was a little puzzling since ITIL, or some type of framework, is needed to comply with PCI. I’m sure he misspoke. Funny incident; question from interviewer was “how do you patch your Linux servers?” I responded with RHEL Satellite Server which the PM needed to explain to him what that was. Slight chuckle for me since the interviewer was emphasizing the importance of knowing Linux but disregarded my RHEL experience since it was not CentOS. Wait for it…wait for it…yep, CentOS is derived from RHEL. Good stuff. Bottom line the job description was wrong and interviewer came across as single threaded in his experiences and relied too much on PM. May or may not be a reflection on entire IT shop but not a good sign. Feedback was fair: no PCI experience. Unfair feedback: no Linux experience but had no questions other than the patching question; I have 12+ years of UNIX experience across HP-UX, SUN, and RHEL making my way through operations to architecture. No questions on hardening the OS. Beware the deep talker trying to use a ‘command’ voice; my experience is these types don’t know much and rely on their BS abilities. Told this was a new position but since the interview did not match to the job description I’m going to assert that the position was not well documented and all involved did not have a clear understanding of the new role and how it would fit in the current organization.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. Asked general questions like "what kind of IT framework would I like to work in?"   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apptricity Inc..

Interview

Apptricity wasn't for me, but I appreciated the chance to interview. Apptricity struck me as a company on the mend. The hiring manager seemed like a good guy but other staff I met with seemed like they were not enjoying their jobs which concerned me. Plus they have a pretty poor showing here on glassdoor.

Interview Questions

The risk did not seem worth the potential reward. I wish them the best.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apptricity Inc. (Irving, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Standard resume walk through with hiring manager after recruiter sponsored appointment. Discussed position requisites, corporate culture and negative Glassdoor reviews. Hiring manager aware of bad reviews as well as recruiter, however, they both had a job to do of selling the opportunity. HR only involved in processing offer and on-boarding. Employee turn-over so high you may not speak to the same people through the recruitment process because they are no longer there.

Interview Questions

• Mostly a review of my experiences, not behavior based.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal--hiring manager did go to bat for me and got me requested salary. Company traditionally pays below market rates even though Tim thinks he "creates" the market.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apptricity Inc. (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Talked with VP who was gone soon after I started.
    Also interviewed with Pres whose questions were general about sales and asked if I trusted anyone else to find leads for me.
    That should have let me know about the culture of non-trust of management.

Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apptricity Inc. (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I had a telephone screen following a resume submission. There was confusion on their part as to who was going to participate during the call. One of the hiring managers who did not attend, never gave me the courtesy of calling me at a later time. In fact, I never heard from anyone at the company after my telephone screen.

Interview Questions

• I mostly listened as the people at the company discussed among themselves who was supposed to participate and why those participating were there even though they apparently were not invited.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

Had a 30 minute interview with the CEO, who tried to convince me not to work at Apptricity.

Interview Questions

• What did I bring to the table to make the company better   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apptricity Inc. (Irving, TX).

Interview

Interview process could be long or short, people have no value as seen by the hiring manager, the CEO. Often his choices don't make sense. I wondered if he wanted people he could push around and hired accordingly. His comments, promises etc. were/are nothing but made up thoughts he has from time to time.

If you research his prior jobs and positions and others thoughts about him it is scary.

Interview Questions

• The questioning is the most minimal I've seen in all my years. Mostly the interview is a stage for Tim to tell of his greatness and to name drop his elbowing contacts, military terminology and his washed up astronaut buddies, all older than dirt.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Don't negotiate, run for the door and don't look back

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apptricity Inc. (Irving, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Helter Scelter terrible communicatons about times to meet, organizing executives to attend. Then the offer letter experience was worse, waiting for CF
    O to prepare. My direct manager was supportive, but subjected to the attitude and treatement of the exec's.

Interview Questions

• no questios, only Tim Garcia beating his chest   1 Answer

Programmer Government Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apptricity Inc. (Irving, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Had to take a test. then Interviewed with VP and team

Interview Questions

• Majority of the questions were programming questions   2 Answers

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward