Apptricity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apptricity

2.1

Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apptricity (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I had a telephone screen following a resume submission. There was confusion on their part as to who was going to participate during the call. One of the hiring managers who did not attend, never gave me the courtesy of calling me at a later time. In fact, I never heard from anyone at the company after my telephone screen.

Interview Questions

• I mostly listened as the people at the company discussed among themselves who was supposed to participate and why those participating were there even though they apparently were not invited.   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apptricity (Irving, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview a few days later, then a face-to-face another few days later. Interviewer was late for our appointment. Place was really low energy. CEO has atrocious ratings, here on Glassdoor, which might explain why personnel seemed awfully low-caliber.

Interview Questions

• Asked to explain process for probing SMEs. Wanted to know how I created proposals.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apptricity (Irving, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

The position was to lead a new product development for the company's new strategic initiative. After a phone interview, I was asked to meet the company's president and his executives at his Irving office. Everything went very well until I was asked how fast I could deliver the product. I gave them an honest answer of 6-9 months but they expected an answer of 3 months. I guess that was the reason of not being offered the position. A couple of months later, I have been seeing the company posting the same position again and again until recently. This would tell me that the president missed the opportunity of getting the new product done, if he offered me the position at that time. And, after 3 years, he still could not find the person to deliver the product he is looking for.

Interview Questions

• Given a team of 3-5 developers, how soon can you have the product ready?   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apptricity (Irving, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Standard resume walk through with hiring manager after recruiter sponsored appointment. Discussed position requisites, corporate culture and negative Glassdoor reviews. Hiring manager aware of bad reviews as well as recruiter, however, they both had a job to do of selling the opportunity. HR only involved in processing offer and on-boarding. Employee turn-over so high you may not speak to the same people through the recruitment process because they are no longer there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimal--hiring manager did go to bat for me and got me requested salary. Company traditionally pays below market rates even though Tim thinks he "creates" the market.

Director of Infrastructure Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apptricity in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for Dir of Infrastructure but once in the interview realized it was really for a Dir of Compliance. Reading back over the job description the requirement to know PCI was there but the job was more than gathering evidence and remediation of the environment to meet PCI requirements; which a Dir of Infra would do. Got the sense that the interviewer was looking for someone to come in and set up the PCI-DSS compliance program and not really looking for a knowledgeable infrastructure resource. PM was also an interviewer and asked about ITIL, which I’m certified, and he proceeded to express how they are not functioning under a framework but look to maybe adopting one. Which was a little puzzling since ITIL, or some type of framework, is needed to comply with PCI. I’m sure he misspoke. Funny incident; question from interviewer was “how do you patch your Linux servers?” I responded with RHEL Satellite Server which the PM needed to explain to him what that was. Slight chuckle for me since the interviewer was emphasizing the importance of knowing Linux but disregarded my RHEL experience since it was not CentOS. Wait for it…wait for it…yep, CentOS is derived from RHEL. Good stuff. Bottom line the job description was wrong and interviewer came across as single threaded in his experiences and relied too much on PM. May or may not be a reflection on entire IT shop but not a good sign. Feedback was fair: no PCI experience. Unfair feedback: no Linux experience but had no questions other than the patching question; I have 12+ years of UNIX experience across HP-UX, SUN, and RHEL making my way through operations to architecture. No questions on hardening the OS. Beware the deep talker trying to use a ‘command’ voice; my experience is these types don’t know much and rely on their BS abilities. Told this was a new position but since the interview did not match to the job description I’m going to assert that the position was not well documented and all involved did not have a clear understanding of the new role and how it would fit in the current organization.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. Asked general questions like "what kind of IT framework would I like to work in?"   1 Answer

Programmer Government Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apptricity (Irving, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Had to take a test. then Interviewed with VP and team

Interview Questions

• Majority of the questions were programming questions   2 Answers

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward