Aptinyx Research Technologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Aptinyx

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aptinyx

Research Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aptinyx in December 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, then phone call with hiring manager. Both phone calls were very pleasant, and both thought that I would be perfect for the position. The hiring manager even offered to invite me in for a face-to-face, to be scheduled later. Then I got all the automated rejection notices, and no one would return my phone calls or emails for why the sudden reversal.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aptinyx

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aptinyx (Evanston, IL).

Interview

Unless you're an academic genius, I would say not to bother. It was one of the most unpleasant experiences I've ever had interviewing, and I have interviewed with large biopharma companies in the past. Once you pass the initial phone interview with an HR employee (an alright experience), you will have an interview with the supervisor for the position (another alright experience). If you pass the second one, they will invite you in for an in-person interview process that lasts about three to four hours where you will meet with six people individually. Four out of six people were alright. Two were terrible, and if you interview here you'll know what I'm talking about immediately, especially when you interview with the academic elitist who tries to catch you in a lie by repeating the same question in different ways and by challenging every statement you make in response to a question. I was also told to lie on my resume, basically. I immediately picked up on this employee's condescending interview technique. Similar to the other interviewee who reviewed the initial interview process, I was basically ghosted. The worst part is how they show you the great benefits they offer before you interview with the research employees. I've had bad interviews before, but I've never had an interview where an academic elitist (which doesn't make sense because this employee is working in biopharma...) was so condescending to me about everything I've done with my education and career choices (not even in academia or with biopharma giants!). A word of advice to this company: You have no idea what people have to go through to get through their education, and you have no idea what people have to go through to start their careers. We all walk different paths. Stop thinking you're better than other people just because you were privileged enough to walk a different path.

This may be a good thing, though, because based on what was said during the in-person interview process, the work environment seems a bit toxic and almost as if they would work you to the bone. But now I know exactly what to do when someone puts you down in an interview: walk out.

Interview Questions